Torchlight 2, from cinical brit, (mentions also poe and d3)

Really, who cares.

It's not a preview for advanced players, but for people who might like to see what the game is like.

And the guy I replied to talked nigh solely about TB's opinion of the games.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
Last edited by Tagek on May 16, 2012, 11:36:34 AM
"
Tagek wrote:
You know he's just a guy giving his OPINION of the games he plays, right?

You're losing your respect for him because you don't agree with his opinion? What a noble human being you are!

When you are very popular in any industry, you are raised to a higher moral obligation to provide opinion via comparison between factual alternatives... if you don't, people will catch your inconsistencies.

I don't find it unreasonable to call someone out on being factually inconsistent between reviews and mechanics that are being analyzed.

Being outright factually incorrect is a whole other thing, and is just flat out wrong.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
Did someone tell him Shadow had exclusive skills? Because he played PoE before and I doubt he didn't know how the skill system works.
"
xxnoob wrote:
Did someone tell him Shadow had exclusive skills? Because he played PoE before and I doubt he didn't know how the skill system works.

TBH he seemed confused, at some point he said something like "...any class can use any skill..." then like 10 minutes later he is all like "...now this skill, phase run, is a shadow specific skill...". He has played the game and knows a few things but just seemed to mess up because he didn't really prepare or research enough before starting the recording.
Last edited by Khodar on May 16, 2012, 11:45:23 AM
"
zeto wrote:
"
Tagek wrote:

You're losing your respect for him because you don't agree with his opinion? What a noble human being you are!

When you are very popular in any industry, you are raised to a higher moral obligation to provide opinion via comparison between factual alternatives... if you don't, people will catch your inconsistencies.

I don't find it unreasonable to call someone out on being factually inconsistent between reviews and mechanics that are being analyzed.

Being outright factually incorrect is a whole other thing, and is just flat out wrong.

I still don't see how this matters, at all.
Do you really think anyone seeing the video that might consider trying POE (which is the point, after all) is going to be like 'OOOH, HE GOT A FACT WRONG? FUCK THAT SHIT, I'M NOT TRYING POE NOW'.

Why are people getting their panties all tied up over something so small that isn't even directed at them in the first place. It boggles my mind.

If anything you should be thanking him for helping out GGG.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
Last edited by Tagek on May 16, 2012, 11:49:54 AM
"
Tagek wrote:
"
zeto wrote:
"
Tagek wrote:

Do you really think anyone seeing the video that might consider trying POE (which is the point, after all) is going to be like 'OOOH, HE GOT A FACT WRONG? FUCK THAT SHIT, I'M NOT TRYING POE NOW'.

Why are people getting their panties all tied up over something so small that isn't even directed at them in the first place. It boggles my mind.

You're right but he still should research properly before reviewing any game.
"
Tagek wrote:
"
zeto wrote:
"
Tagek wrote:

If anything you should be thanking him for helping out GGG.

xxnoob above basically stated how it is... I was talking in general, so it holds true for everyone, including this case.

Do I think that people will not try it because he got a fact wrong? No.

Do I think that his review changed in tone in some aspects because he believed something to be true when it was not? Yes.

Do I think that in this specific case it'll be extremely detrimental? No.

Could it be detrimental to another game or in another review? Yes.

Do I think he meant phase run as a shadow only skill versus a skill that shadow's can leverage better than other classes? No, probably not. Just wanted to throw that in there because I think this is just an interpretation problem... he probably knew anyone could use any skill... but some skills are thematically tailored to particular classes, which is what I think he intended.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
zeto wrote:

Do I think he meant phase run as a shadow only skill versus a skill that shadow's can leverage better than other classes? No, probably not. Just wanted to throw that in there because I think this is just an interpretation problem... he probably knew anyone could use any skill... but some skills are thematically tailored to particular classes, which is what I think he intended.

I also think this was most likely what happened, he did state enough times that any class could use any skill gems in his videos.
Last edited by xxnoob on May 16, 2012, 12:06:37 PM
"
Khodar wrote:
"
nzrock wrote:
Someone really needs to bring this to his attention...

That's sadly almost impossible. He gets thousands of e-mails daily, and has other people on his team shift through them for his mailbox videos. Very low chance he would redo the videos after the time that has passed already.

Yeah I know, I'm still hoping it would work though and that he makes a version 2 or part 2 vid of it... or just any other general poe vid in the near future.

And frankly this also ties into his mailbox question regarding PoE's cash shop too, he wasn't very well informed on that matter as well...
Sweeping Maid
Last edited by nzrock on May 16, 2012, 4:04:31 PM
There still is a good chance he might do a new video though.
Seeing how this already was his second one on PoE he might very well do more when major changes come up. Especially since the genre in general does get quiet a bit of attention at the moment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info