First screenshot of Searing Bond skill

"
OnmyojiOmn wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
OnmyojiOmn wrote:
Why can't you be more forthcoming about melee fixes? Is it going to be this patch, or the next, or six months from now? That's the only worthwhile thing that could possibly be in this patch, aside from desych fixes.

I'll try to be more specific about our plans and timeframe in the Development Manifesto we're working on.

"This is not the melee patch" would be a nice start. I don't mean to be rude, but when you post a news item about a patch that makes no mention of melee fixes, you're either trying to be coy or you don't understand how important the melee problem is, and I'm not sure which of those is worse.

does the patch mention melee?
no?
then it's NOT the melee patch

they don't have to come out and say "This is not the melee patch"

if you had ANY reading comprehension skills at all it would be obvious to you if it's the melee patch or not

and just because this patch makes no mention of melee does NOT mean they're trying to be coy

it means this patch is NOT the melee patch

DUH !

they certainly understand the problems with melee and desync

they've said so in the past

but perhaps it's not a problem that can be fixed that quickly

hmmm... maybe I'll actually start using totems.
And find a use for my tiki totem microtransaction effect.
...excellent.
Grant us eyes.
Dual totems? I'm disappointed that it's impossible to cross the beams. Maybe you can if there isn't any beam/totem collision. Do NOT cross the beams.
Anybody made a "im firing mah' lazorz" comment yet? :3
-Zombie#1- "That guy has passed right over us 3 times now..shouldnt we be popping out to attack?"
-Zombie#2- "No way, you saw what he did to our friends. Lets just stay down here where its safe.
Besides, you heard how angry he is..keeps shouting something about needing the last 2 to clear.."

that new totem looks like it rewards running around like a headless chicken...hopefully the damage is good as i can see this being fairly hand on vall or any boss with adds.

Also geif manifesto
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Woaaah, keep up the good work !!

Sooo many updates, I love so much this game !
YAY MORE GEMS WE NEED 200 more honestly :) its making the game so diverse this will be deepest dungeon crawler in history :). I playing with fire damage atm because I wanna burn all :). ill add this totem to my build for sure. We defiantly need more fire damage skills in total there are very slim.

I been also waiting for firewall for ages chris ;)
"
Charan wrote:
FRICKIN' LASER BEAMS.

edit: oh, just read the description. Was sort of hoping this was lasers, from me, to everyone else. But I guess that might a)make Incinerate look a bit crap and b)draw yet more cries of OMGCOPYINGD3.

Oh well. You've finally give me a reason to use totems, GGG. Thank you yet again for providing sufficient incentive for me to turn my back on everything I hold sacred (intimate melee -- you didn't earn the kill unless the blood is on your blade!) and embracing the dark side of ARPGs (turrets...).

You don't use Decoy Totems at least?

Even melee could use those guys, and certainly my archers and mages use it.

Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
About that screenshot ... in what area was that taken

I had thought Twilight Strand since it's a beach and dark and raining, but TS doesn't have raised terraces like that.

Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Last edited by VideoGeemer on Apr 9, 2013, 3:42:48 AM
I definitely vote for Searing Bond to be changed to support gem. Certain classes are not capable of utilizing additional active skill and it also would cost you the original totem effect in its current form.
If Searing Bond is turned into support gem, it would allow you to utilize this effect and yet keep the original effect as well.
If Searing Bond is stand-alone totem, it would have to out-damage any other existing totems in order to be used--so either the damage is high or it will be useless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info