First screenshot of Searing Bond skill

Can We please have A totem physical damage totem that scales off our physical damage. ( or keep shock totem as it is, but instead of scalling of spell power, scale off phuscial power) for us melee characters.
I like the potential. I am building fire based caster (templar), I can see a triangle of fire with firestorm raining down in the middle and Molten shell up for anything that gets through.

Plus it's a nice cool mechanic that is unique.

A cool support gem later on would be to allow it to chain to your companions, or x number of them anyway, with x scaling as the gem levels up. A fire to cold gem, or a fork like mechanic.

As far as the other gripes this thread pulled, I sure hope they never implement any kind of Auction house, or ramp up the crafting system too much. If you want those things, go play D3 or WoW. The current system is pretty unique, and steers you away from spending tons of time doing "chores", or playing the "mini-games" inside the game.

If anything, I'd like to see the insane passive tree grow even more, with more unique build options.

Yes, there are plenty of min/max arguments about skill sets, but you don't have to max to "win" this game. in fact, the build I mentioned before, will be weak compared to a witch, or a melee templar, but it will be unique, and that makes it a fun challenge.

My playing buddies are doing other similar "off" builds to run with it, as a group, we'll be below average on damage output, or health, or defense, but that's OK, and that's why I don't play those "other" games anymore.
It's just a flesh wound!
Cool skill!
Joined the ship at Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 1:15 PM.

Exiled on Wraeclast since Friday, October 28, 2011 at 6:06 AM.

Quoted from PoE - About: "Path of Exile immerses the player in a gritty and realistic art style that goes against the current industry trend of cartoony RPGs. ". NUFF SAID.
Last edited by casaito on Apr 9, 2013, 6:31:33 PM
I couldn't agree more with what everybody has said.
There can only be one Oatmeal.
Wish it would connect with minions too :)
yeah, sweet dreams here =D
IGN: Maelifica
It seems like a shame it's Burning instead of Fire damage. That would mean it will rule out using Elemental Proliferation, Fire to Cold, etc etc.

But we'll wait and see what it looks like.
Why does your graphics looks better than mine when I run all max?!
What's on Q?
It would have been cool to see it as a support gem for summoned/placed items, such as totems, minions, mines, traps, etc. As is, that would scale badly the more of that item you have out, but they could counter that with some other mechanism, such as ramping up the damage based on how long the object generated by the supported skill has been stationary - kinda like how inferno acts, in a way. This limits it to 3 stationary items, or something like 14 of a particular mobile summon. Alternately, and more simply, it could just scale damage down the more laser generating 'nodes' you have out.
Looks Sweet. Ty.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info