Prophecy Removal in 3.17.0

Terrible change. Prophecy useful to juice maps let alone had coolest NPC since you changed The Russain Zana.

If you want to get rid of BLOAT - start with betrayal, Lab, Jun, Ghosts and delete Talismans while ur at it if you want bloatware gone. No one likes them.
Git R Dun!
But my lovely lil froggies...
So no more twice enchanted, fated connections, jewellers touch etc ? Idk about this. As far as uniques go Silverbough will certainly be missed since it was one of the cheapest ways of getting a +2 bow. This change will just make progress slower in a bad way i think.

Like seriously if you want to get rid of or nerf content there are a lot of worse ones.
This saddens me - Naval is one of the most wonderful atmospheric aspects of the game. Even Perandus was really cool to run into. Their mechanics were interesting. The problem is the drops being too lackluster. Why do we blame the mechanics as the reason when its the terrible options and drops that make people disappointed?

I would welcome back a re envisioning. I like having multiple things interacting with the chapters as I go through them. Otherwise the game is dull and just rushing to get through it to get to maps, which is not my only goal. If thats what we are supposed to do, just allow us to skip the chapters then.
This is such a terrible move. Can you please poll the community/players and solicit feedback before removing integral content? Surely there can be some sort of compromise to not completely abandon and remove a beloved part of the game.
The game is not complex, it is just problem of bad tutorials/introduction. Lack of lore that is a big problem for me. You playing game to grind, you cant learn more lore everyday, reveal secrets from past.. Synthesis was best in terms of lore. Navali have a big amount of stories about gods and everything. Sad that you listen them once and never remember again, many stories never gain life. It was possible to create many fun additional random quests that make game more fun. Reveal new stories. Alternative game mode with Less repetitive playthrough. Maybe old master missions could have been remade as prophecies with some rewards. But nope. Who would benefit from that change except full time streamers who never save her? Prophecy for "few maps that drop around card device" when you close to maps or few fussing's. It will make leveling harder for ssf league. What standard chance to get regal, scouring or fusing without a prophecy early?
Removing old content that everyone know well dont make game better for old players. If you dont like Navali, you can never save her in first place.
Some prophecies like 5 to 1 was really fun.
Extra enchant.
Some uniques update.
free 5 link.
It is big waste of time to remove that league and even to write article about it. Completely wrong direction. Maybe add player addons so we can play content we like in ssf void league, not one that ggg like? Cadiro Perandus was fun in terms of lore, even if lazy in design. It had some LORE and STORY.
!!
Terrible move.
Not going to repeat what everybody said but I always use my coins like many others and for the same reasons...
Also on a personal thing, Navali is my favorite NPC since I started PoE and I use her in my hideout to sell my stuff, trade div cards etc...
At least let us the choice to keep her in our hideout, it should not take 20gb...

Also next time maybe nerf baran mobs that are still insane, but I guess that s not a thing in Chris dumb vision of the game

More than 50% of the skill gems are also totally useless, maybe work on this instead of removing cool content.

Maybe fix leap slam bug (stuck in walls or columns)

I can continue the things that are bugged or crap/dumb for hours but it seems that it s useless

Oh and CHRIS Wilson, if by any chance you can read this message, I advice you to watch Scarface (movie), especially the "My hands are made for gold and they are in shit" scene
Since you guys are removing Corona Solaris, could you please add its 'Increase/Reductions to Light Radius apply to Accuracy' modifier to the Accuracy Mastery passive list?
This seems like a shame. While Navali was badly placed as an early rescue (rarely worth doing prophecy before about level 50). For me at least, the opportunity to spam up a load of prophecies and see what I could get was fun. I also really liked the item transformation / evolution prophecies. I play fairly casually (SSF HC or SSF League), but I did actually engage with the prophecy content. She's also very useful in the hideout.

There are a variety of examples of more useless content, most of which have already been mentioned. Personally I'm hoping scourge dies away.

The last league and the surrounding damage control should have opened your eyes to there being different categories of players in terms of what their version of fun looks like. We don't all stream, play 24/7 or (and let's say it softly) particularly care about getting to uber end game bosses - i'll never see them anyway.

So here's the thing; Scourge is about maps, Expedition was about maps, Heist is about maps, the end game is about maps. Mapping is ok, but the reason to keep coming back and doing maps is variety and to achieve something (and get loot of course). Navali was mostly interesting to engage with, occasionally useful and enhanced the map running, so could be done as part of the early or late grind, making the journey more interesting.

Why remove content that gives variety? Surely there are better targets.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info