Prophecy Removal in 3.17.0

Bad. Sadge.
⚔️ https://steamcommunity.com/id/yalme/
You remove prophecy system because It's "outdated"<-- bullsh***. But you do nothing about having the majority of skills gems totally outdated and unusable.
FFS, GGG are you trying to kill your own game???
Good riddance.
First cadiro now navali who`s next?
What about Hrimburn gloves? Weren't mentioned neither as removed not kept.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Weird to do this before Talisman or Tormented Spirits but yea not too too sad about it, just hope we get to keep Navali in our HO.
"
Deathtiny2266 wrote:
Prophecy was the perfect mechanic for me.
I do not need to do prophecy at all in a league if i don´t want to.
I can just ignore silvercoins and dropped prophecies and will never encounter anything of it.
Prophecy has an on/off switch for players.

But in a time of crafted +7 to skills or 12-links prophecy is just not cool enough any longer to even exist ..... tnx Path of Craftile!

Things like syndicate are much worse - you are forced to do them for the recipes and they can jump you on a rippy map at the wrong moment without activating them.

Bring back leaguestones if your system can´t handle everything at once or place switches on the mapdevice for every league that exists and let ppl select 3-5 of them and keep all others disabled for that map.

But hey - gems in hideout yay ....

exactly. bloated for me is the stuff that you kinda have to interact with like harvest and betrayal but you re not able to experience them to learn and enjoy them because you only get to them once every 8 maps. Impossible to focus on them for few hours to really having fun to discover the patterns and the possibilities. Betrayal only after days of stacking your atlas missions you can start to queue them and even then you will have some in whites, some in yellow and some in red. So suddenly you either have to go read some goddam wiki on the mechanics or some long video or use a cheat sheet that transform everything into currencies and tells you exactly what you should do, instead of learning it by playing it . SO FUN. And that s when i feel it s bloated cause i have to suddenly make decisions and tens of mechanics i have no idea how, without having the fun to learn by fucking playing them. Prophecies on the oppposite, sure you have to stack a bit but you can buy 700 prophecy for 100 chaos and see where it s going. Betrayal you get one mission in 15 maps if i am correct, 1/3 map mission and 5 master mission.
I know this game is designed with races and racers that know everytihg about the game in mind because they played all leagues but just want to let you know that there are some people that play for the content, the discovery and that are in the process of learning your game and appreciate stuff that you dont just run into every 12 maps that forces you to go read books because that s the only way to learn anyithing about it. who the fuck can learn 12 leagues at the same time while running each of them one every 12 maps. That s what bloated is for me.

And prophecies was not a part of the bloat. Missed the mark imo. The only slight bloat were the silver coins with the decision of what the fuck i do with them wich compared to other mechanics was extremely light. When you encounter a mechanic every 12 maps, the only thinking is big mob hit hard and how could it be otherwise, you ll not encounter this big mob again in the next hour.

one of the solution would be ofc to be able to focus on a league on top of the current league. right now the only reasonnable is breach with the 2c cost on the map device with the problem ofc that in the first week you feel limited by your currencies. Blight is 8c on bench and 6c scarab for the first 2 weeks. We can consider blight to be more endgame then by those prices. But let me tell you, when you learn the game, using 2c is not seen as an investment even if it is, it s seen as a cost.
anyway, for me to tackle bloat would be to start by harvest first ofc, break the flow of the game, once every 12 maps, big decisions to take, complicated crafting with it, then betrayal probably and niko that forces to get out of delve. Niko is really terrible cause again in the first 2 weeks or first month, you dont want to waste maps so you run them completely and you encounter other leagues and your brain goes, hum i have a lot of decision to make, and that s it, your delve immersion / learning / enjoyement gone. Back to delve = currency, delve mob = big mob hit hard etc.

anyway, hope you change your mind on the way to see content. you have content, but it s like you re afraid of people playing your content or sth.

quick edit, by tackling bloat i dont mean removing the leagues. i mean allowing people to focus on them for a few hours straing IN the game, not on a wiki. or other cool ideas to deal with that that you have.

second edit, was htinkng for prophecies, one simple way would ve been to have an auto fill prohpecy that consumes your silver coins whenever you have a slot ready for instance. that would minimise interaction with it. sure you would just see them at additionnal pack of monsters here and there but that would reduce the amount of time to deal with mechanics.
Last edited by SerialF on Dec 2, 2021, 11:31:59 AM
On a more specific notes on prophecies, one simple way would ve been to have an auto fill prohpecy that consumes your silver coins whenever you have a slot ready for instance. that would minimise interaction with it. Sure you would just see them as additionnal pack of monsters here and there but that would reduce the amount of time to deal with mechanics and they would be even more focus or forget about it.
You are doing the same mistake as the one you did when you decide to remove the menagerie! Then realized it was a bad decision and brought it back!

I used the silver coins all the time!

The prophecies are not meant to be a main component of the gameplay they are one of the flairs that shapes the game. If the game is a dish, the prophecies are one of its many spices that enrich the flavors of the dish and make it stand out among other similar dishes - the other ARPGs!

The prophecies provided extra challenges for the newer players, and even if you manage to twink them a little they could still provide extra challenges for the experienced players - I read somewhere in the notes, that in PoE2 every map will have at least one unique mob, well with the prophecies you can make them 2, even more as the prophecies are random, and the game and not the player can determine when a prophecy is going to pop up on the screen, so they can end up fighting 2 even 3 unique mobs at the same time, and that is an extra challenge for the players don't you think?

If you remove the prophecies you may as well remove the "notes" that are scattered all across the game, and serve no gameplay purpose whatsoever, all they do is tell some irrelevant lore about the game world and that's it, OR you may remove the little cupcakes that you put on the trays in some of the zones or any of all the myriads of little details here and there as the players can't interact with them in any way and they also serve no gameplay purpose apart from providing slightly better visuals to those who are willing to notice them!

Please don't make your game less tasty and blander with such changes!
Maybe just let us use silver coins as a fragment on map device, which will bost maps (quantity etc) and random prophecy which give more rare, or extra unique boss... It's a realy big deal to do something else if you don't want keept it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info