Prophecy Removal in 3.17.0

Oh, I wish they could keep Fated connection and Jeweller's Touch
Right move, GGG. About time.
This was the one content I wanted updated for years now, and it's just removed. I liked how it provided some kind of mini-quests and had great potential if improved...
Well, it's kinda sad to see for me, since Prophecy was the first league where I put a LOT of time in.

Reallistically, it is still the right move.
Reworking Prophecy would be way too much effort and in it's current state most of it is really useless.

Good bye Navali,
I will see you again.
So, now that she's gone we could have her dress in MTX and her mokey :D
I stopped doing prophecy related things around 2018.
"
jazael wrote:
Removing The Effigon and keeping Thirst for Horrors!? Has literally anyone ever used Thirst for Horrors?

Agreeing to this one... i mean what the hell xD

The effigon was even used in some rare cases.. Thirs of Horrors? didn't even know it was an item...
I feel this is a bad decision.

- Prophecy is a pretty light-weight mechanic, that's not eating random spawn-points unless you deliberately trigger it. It can be ignored by those not interested in interacting with it, unlike some other mechanics.

- I feel that it is an important part of many player's League-start, as it is a reliable source of build enabling uniques and campaign-gear. The Karui amulet, for example, is an excellent option until after you kill Kitava, granting a lot of nice QoL mods and stats that improve the feel of the main-story.

- The utility prophecies are very nice for breaking into and improving the game. Twice Enchanted, the five and six-links, socketing, trash to treasure, quality improvements, frog, storms and rats... these mechanics are fun and well loved.

- I also feel that removing things completely - as in deleting them - is a poor decision. Many players have mementos of past leagues and adventures - trophies and memories. Leaguestones, Perandus Coins, Unshaping orbs, Nets and more. Let us keep the silver coins, even if they're technically valueless. To many people, these are fun reminders of times past.

Thank you for listening.
Last edited by Sabranic_SilverDeth on Dec 2, 2021, 10:29:13 AM
"
Wadafac wrote:
Remove Ritual next please, ty. It's not rewarding.

Replace it with Ultimatum (or an improved version), ty.

Remove Ritual because It's not rewarding and replace It with Ultimatum???

I really hope It's some ironic comment...
In my opinion, this is another blow to the player's progress. Since some of these items can fly out of the end-game boss. For example, I needs Hyrri's Demise Sharktooth Arrow Quiver which will drop from t16 + bosses, and I need it to make t1 + maps (and even earlier), now I won't be able to get it when doing my build, because I will have to buy it from someone who is currently able to get it with their own build?
The forest solution would be if we could drop them from the bosses that we had to defeat with the prophecy. If i need to kill act6 boss, so i could drop it there...
Another thing is that you are lowering the currency drop. Thanks to the prophecies, we had a bigger "pool" to drop them even in end-game delirium + scarabs + chisels + alch + prophecy + zana craft
For several leagues, you have been reducing player power and progress. You try to slow them down and by doing this you hit new and casual players. Veterans are slowly leaving, they are already bored, they cannot cooperate, instead of adding content that would focus on playing in the party. Raid boss type, raid maps, where apart from the bonus point, if there are 6 different classes on the map, for each class some other unique effect, plus a drop (like in sithesis maps). For example, for a witch in a party 40% more aoe effekt, (+ for ascending some other + 1% crit for attack, reduced x% elemental dmg etc), and as a negative +x% final boss hp / dmg / resist etc. And stop reduced builds power, try to upgrade it! And let us play like MMOARPG! Give us content to play with other. And also you should add something like roll system, if some1 lucky he win good item if you play with random playes.

@edit People leave the game after 2 months of play, we now have a huge drop after just a month (even fewer players than in 3.15). Instead of focusing on the leagues, make the players want to stay ... and not check what's new. Nowadays, with many aspects and the RNG associated with them, people are losing fun to play. Right now, it looks like you are either sacrificing your life for the game or you are not going to play it at all.
Last edited by knorpl on Dec 2, 2021, 11:02:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info