D.Wands CI Crit Shadow (Chaining Power Siphon) - pre-OBT

I never looked at this tread before, but have a DW wand shadow of mine own currently lvl 50. My build is a lot more different but one thing I can say for sure, the opening start is pretty difficult, especially if you can't twink at all.

To those who wanna try a DW wand shadow I highly suggest rushing eldritch bat and stacking auras until you have gear and/or require CI to progress. only cost a few points which you'll get from progressing through the game to switch to CI from EB.
In open beta CI will no longer make you chaos immune and the 50% increase to ES will be split into nodes surrounding CI rather then a part of CI.
Thanks for the info. I haven't been on much lately and will look into them when open beta comes.

Oh, when I was leveling, I simply used normal attack with stacked aura; didn't bother using power siphon as the critical at lower level is rather small dps boost.
Alice_of_Wraeclast - Dagger CI Witch
Alice_MadnessReturns - Molten Strike AoF witch
Flavour Build concept taken from Alice: Madness Returns
Last edited by wxyjac on Jan 13, 2013, 4:26:01 PM
I'm wondering whether it's still possible to get that high a critical chance - I'd guess you can realistically get up to maybe 450% critical chance through passives (40 points or so) + 6*50% through power charges + 100% or so through critical support gem) * 9 base chance - that totals to roughly 76% critical chance without equipment and that is when you take every single critical chance passive there is...?
Last edited by iardis on Feb 9, 2013, 6:52:46 AM
is this build still viable ??
ill let you know in a week, making it now on HC. yeeeah
Last edited by bblackk102 on Feb 23, 2013, 9:06:44 PM
Does it still work??

It looks like you get CI at like level 20-25 that cant possibly work can it?
To anyone wondering if this build still works YES IT DOES. Got a shadow up to 75 with it and it worked great so great that I'm going back and redoing it to perfection. there are a couple things I will be personally changing mostly gems. but a couple of passives. like having host reaver late game and such
just hit lvl 41 and im mowing down mobs like a champ I'm using a flame totem with lmp crit damage and faster casting for mobs and a skele totem with faster casting and minion speed. and then for my main attack I'm actually rolling my power siphon with lmp faster attacks life leach(because of the crit) increased crit damage and crit chance my spec is onlys lightly changed from his passive tree and I find it a bit more viable then my 75 one went.
Can someone post a picture of their gear? I'm curious of what attacks i should be focusing on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info