D.Wands CI Crit Shadow (Chaining Power Siphon) - pre-OBT

"
WBeke wrote:
I build something like this:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQYBEQ7oyxN7lvka68s9LNfCCzDpZhI2uEowQkzWvE9DWX1at2vVX5u5iGM6v8hj8nqPbE8gYnNtYcV96Ek4hFp1GqG9KtjDsg2C-z4jqPc8b3udMLjXltEcBIu_Ct-2JNgrxx9hH-TogyOHnkkHsKYR7OhAdO3drhXe99oE5u3z1hbIOTABnMVEzcOVX_-IRTFO

It's on low lvl but someone can give me some better build or give me some tips about my build?

Looks fine, but you spent quite a lot points on stats. Try to get the stats from equip, will give you much better performance if you spend those points toward more es/damage/critical.

What gems are you using? If you're not using any spell gems, don't bother taking Spell Power. And path into arcing blow and the power charges just right of your es and critical chance nodes, they are A LOT of damage if you're using wrath aura (which you should be using).

Try not to go in circle, unless the ones in the circle are the one you really want.
Alice_of_Wraeclast - Dagger CI Witch
Alice_MadnessReturns - Molten Strike AoF witch
Flavour Build concept taken from Alice: Madness Returns
Updated OP since some information was outdated.
What do you think about this?
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQYBAzkrzCzXwgsw6WYSNrhKMD-eX01JRzicTTO-q09DWX1RjUoqYzq_yGPyeo9sTyBidwAWCX6aZNOEWnUaob0q2MOyDYL7PiOo9zxve50wuNfk6IMjxx9hH4wqiHb3IyC5u4z058OVX_-IRTFOyDkwAZzFRM2pvwdi9ORqZoksSA-xirh6j7uWdehAdO2wphHsvSG7Vs3KZmPbMyK49G6Qt8MVB9BZdN6q6G2vFzY7cO43RB-7fG1iFAUrMvur9pDCcR00_rtV5UjzEG73x0xWEzTKwinwpWkQXefGv-SomGbri9vYm27gtlfNKqAYum2EfIbKGeoW_b8tSLvhSDwpifiTG5yJzUoCPu0Esb500NczH5WJViUX_8tBHRENMSecPbebNywT8la0Cg9bvfupcelP78BRh03Ku5f3iSLae279mG3T9Tm6jyF52noy6rnslhxlauL2Bz2QaVMlEQ7oy7Yk2Ctat2vV
It's 90 points which means you will need to be at least level 75 to finish the build.

Increased buff is rather useless, since your buff can be refreshed every time you kill a monster.

I do not recommend going into mana regen unless you're going to put clarity into your build.

You also took a lot defensive nodes, your offense might suffer a lot, especially since you took a lot physical damage instead of elemental. 45% from lightning arc IS A LOT.

And I do not like Ghost Reaver. Tried it and feel like it's more of a melee things, since I can easily avoid getting hit for a while and refill my energy shield; very few do I find it useful.
Is it still viable?
If you are talking about the build kadrek91 posted, get it to a 75 pts build, and then yes, it will be viable.

If you are talking about my build, yes, it is still viable.
Last edited by wxyjac on Nov 8, 2012, 5:22:37 PM
Have you tried the build with Chain instead of Pierce ?
i´d like to know about the chain question too

i tried to plan a wand shadow myself and really love the idea and feel, but on lower levels i advise to go a melee route, since melee is so strong compared to lowlevel wands without pierce etc

how come the ES leech for GR is low? is siphon considered a spell and not a skill?
Last edited by dragomob on Dec 14, 2012, 9:08:03 PM
Sorry for the late reply.

I haven't been playing for a while, and I have never tried chain.

The main reason I didn't even try is the mana cost and reduced damage.
Pierce has 110% and no reduced damage, although there is chance for it not to proc.

But I do see the point, chain can quickly dispatch a mob without the need to lining them up, sometimes it's all it is needed (flicker mob, for example, can never be lined up).

I will try if I get a chain gem in legacy.

ES leech for GR will always be on the low end. Since this is a CI build, you will have 3k+ of ES, compared to normal life (which is about 1k~1.5k), or mana (which is lower than 1k), you have much lower % regenerated.

And most importantly, this is a ranged build, and it's fairly easy to dispatch a mob (thanks to its high dps) and just back off for the ES recovery; which makes GR only good in a few situation, and those situation can be avoided by using other method.

Edit: Tried it, quite amazing, seeing those bolts jumping around. Mana issue is being taken cared of by flask; on mob i never deplete more than 1 flask (and that's because I am only using one instead of rotating), on boss never deplete more than 2 flasks (thanks to the high crit chance from this build, flask refill quite fast).

Uploaded a new video, and changed build to chaining power siphon.
Last edited by wxyjac on Jan 11, 2013, 11:39:50 PM
Re-organized OP for easier read-ability.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info