D.Wands CI Crit Shadow (Chaining Power Siphon) - pre-OBT

updated OP.

Planning to record a pyramid run, so expect a video soon =).

link
Alice_of_Wraeclast - Dagger CI Witch
Alice_MadnessReturns - Molten Strike AoF witch
Flavour Build concept taken from Alice: Madness Returns
Last edited by wxyjac on Aug 12, 2012, 12:19:33 PM
updated more videos.
I've always thought this spec looked like fun. If someone on Legacy is lvl 59, using this build & wants
Unavailable
Unavailable
to finish this spec out before the end of OB, let me know :) No charge.
Zhaal_____...............................................__Riez
_______74 Shadow__........__Duelist 71______
Zhrain____
_______69 Shadow__
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
updated new gloves.
Unavailable

Will try to do a new video soon.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I do believe I am going to try this out - it seems like an interesting alternative to normal play styles. My primary concern is early levels where your resources and damage won't be particularly high though, it seems like it will be pretty slow going (and even possibly dangerous) given the nature of the build until you can really get some gear.

Maybe I am wrong though.
I died about 200 times before getting to end of merciless act 2. But 90% of it was carelessness/lag, talking on a phone, afking in wrong places, chatting in combat, invisible lag monster etc. Leaving abut 20 death that's simply getting overwhelmed by the enemies.

Get more than 500 es, then get CI, then keep swapping for chest with more ES, disregard the socket(use gloves/boots/helm for 4L).

Good luck, hopefully you can do better than me.
Well I am playing this guy on hardcore so my goal is to not die at all! My early reservations were actually a bit off, I hit super hard and am using Elemental Hit pretty generously and it usually one shots normal mobs. I am super fast and have 15% movespeed on boots so kiting is pretty easy, and I also decided to take raise zombie as a distraction for now. I got through Act I without any real trouble, even Merveil was pretty easy. The forest and monkey swarms were a bit annoying but I equipped a decoy totem to help deal with it.

It is definitely interesting although I probably need to plan out my skill goals. Right now all I have is Ele Hit, Raise Zombie, Decoy and Wrath. (not that I NEED Wrath, but it helps hit a bit harder)
Last edited by VivaEmptiness on Aug 26, 2012, 7:40:06 PM
Sounds good; just be careful of flicker spiders and archer ambush and you should be fine. Skeleton totem is best distraction you can get as it requires no corpse; so try to get that as well.
"
VivaEmptiness wrote:
Well I am playing this guy on hardcore so my goal is to not die at all! My early reservations were actually a bit off, I hit super hard and am using Elemental Hit pretty generously and it usually one shots normal mobs. I am super fast and have 15% movespeed on boots so kiting is pretty easy, and I also decided to take raise zombie as a distraction for now. I got through Act I without any real trouble, even Merveil was pretty easy. The forest and monkey swarms were a bit annoying but I equipped a decoy totem to help deal with it.

It is definitely interesting although I probably need to plan out my skill goals. Right now all I have is Ele Hit, Raise Zombie, Decoy and Wrath. (not that I NEED Wrath, but it helps hit a bit harder)

I am also trying dual wand shadow in 1 week HC league. So I got no access to skill gems of my choice and no prefound gear :D

As a result I am using a bow at the moment with Poison Arrow until I can get to wand passives (the +50% damage one) and find some IPD wands. Using 2 wands at this moment would only cripple my char. I am also using Zombies as distractions (impossible to fight flicker strike mobs without them on HC). I am leveling my wand skills in the background (other weapon slots), Power Siphon and Improved Critical while LMP is being leveled with Poison Arrow :D

Problem with Shadow is he doesn't get Discipline until like Ruthless and going CI without Discipline is suicide :)

I guess lot of farming and hoping it drops is in order or hoping someone trades me one (but 1 week HC league has a smaller number of players). I also plan to use skeletons to fight tough enemies like Kraityn or Oversoul.

Last edited by Torin on Aug 28, 2012, 11:15:57 AM
I build this more as a flavor build, efficiency wise it's not easy leveling up. One merit of this build is that most of the passives are not weapon limited, so you can jump away from wand if you found something better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info