D.Wands CI Crit Shadow (Chaining Power Siphon) - pre-OBT

deleted.
Alice_of_Wraeclast - Dagger CI Witch
Alice_MadnessReturns - Molten Strike AoF witch
Flavour Build concept taken from Alice: Madness Returns
Last edited by wxyjac on Aug 6, 2012, 11:11:00 AM
Trying this build out, level 15 so far and and liking it a lot. Huge damage potential with crit strike, IAS and power charge synergies. I might invest a little in traps because I like the AoE damage.
Last edited by BurnOutBrighter on Aug 6, 2012, 8:57:20 PM
I got mine to about 20ish. I love the damage when Power charges are up; about 25% crit rate at my level is NICE!

I have a hard time on bosses where I can't kill anything to generate power charges, so my dps drops to sub-acceptable levels.

I'm finding mana management to be a pain, and wishing I had a few more skills other than Power Siphon. :-/
If you want more skills, Frenzy and Elemental Hit are the only two skills that are worth looking at for dual wands. If you think you can handle the knock to your mana and ES, Voll's protector may be used to replace power siphon. Although this also limits your sockets a bit.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
"
Trying this build out, level 15 so far and and liking it a lot. Huge damage potential with crit strike, IAS and power charge synergies. I might invest a little in traps because I like the AoE damage.

Yup, even tho this crit build isn't the best build for damage out there, it does have huge damage potential. I get approx. double my dps once my power and frenzy charges are at full (~4k dps -> ~8k dps). In addition, the crit helps spells as well, so fire trap can still produce quite decent damage even tho I went for wand attacks.

"
Kelthien wrote:
I got mine to about 20ish. I love the damage when Power charges are up; about 25% crit rate at my level is NICE!

I have a hard time on bosses where I can't kill anything to generate power charges, so my dps drops to sub-acceptable levels.

I'm finding mana management to be a pain, and wishing I had a few more skills other than Power Siphon. :-/

Yes, mana management is indeed very painful, especially at lower level (since power siphon starts high in mana cost, but has very low mana cost increase per level (about 1 extra mana cost every 5 levels). I would suggest keeping a clarity at low level; it is a huge mana regen boost even with a lvl 1 clarity. Just don't level clarity too high or you won't have mana to cast anything.

As for fighting boss; yes, it is a drop in dps. My only suggestion is that you focus on increasing base damage (like add 1~40 light damage/ 10~16 cold damage etc); so you don't loose too much overall damage when you can't generate power charges.
"
SpudOfDoom wrote:
If you want more skills, Frenzy and Elemental Hit are the only two skills that are worth looking at for dual wands. If you think you can handle the knock to your mana and ES, Voll's protector may be used to replace power siphon. Although this also limits your sockets a bit.

Since this is a CI build, Blood Rage is used for frenzy charge. And imo Voll's protectors are only good for low level (which you probably have no chance of getting it ironically; and buying it isn't worth it). Elemental hit is nice; but personally I found switching between elemental hits and power siphon when you kill stuffs in 1~2 hits is rather tedious and annoying. 10 second isn't long enough time to stop switching, and since you can crit easily, you might kill the monster accidentally with elemental hits before you have a chance to use power siphon.
Last edited by wxyjac on Aug 7, 2012, 11:28:07 AM
Hey, i love your build!
I have a question, its possible to try something with wands nodes + elemental dmg nodes and MAYBE elemental equilibrium? I was thinking, high atk spd + ranged (wands) + elemental hit (SUPPORT: crit dmg, elemental proliferation, faster projectiles, mana leech) would rock with something like that. I got an lv. 35 shadow without spent any points, i REALLY want to make something similar to you. Anyways, what u think about that? Im thinking on PvP too!
It's very possible to go for just damage; in fact, going for elemental damage would provide much more dps than my build; couple with a few crit passive/item and you're good to go. (and you probably need mana leech gem for going that direction, as physical mana leech + flask won't be enough)

I wouldn't recommend going for elemental equilibrium because of the nature elemental equilibrium work.

Elemental equilibrium works like this: when hit by an element, that element's resistance is increased by 40%; while the other two is lowered by 20%.

So the only way to take advantage, is to alternate between different elemental damage. Having all 3 elemental damage would make the resistance to stay the same (x+40%-20%-20% = x; no change).

You CAN go for just elemental hit for the alternating damage; but that would make you miss out on a bunch of potential dps increase from aura/items.

Best thing I can come up with is:
possible build
Still focuses on critical as the big weapon elemental damage nodes are too far. Equip wise you will be using ias and more %weapon elemental damage, and %cold/light/fire damage. No fixed damage at all, except maybe physical. Rest of the mods you can devote into more es/iiq/iir. Aura use haste, and that's probably it. Support gem you probably need mana leech to keep up with the mana cost; but then you can link any other gem you want (gmp/lmp/added chaos damage etc).

Focus of this build is on using the equilibrium and elemtal hit synergy; with high crit chance from wand, you can do tons of damage. (Note that your dps on display will be low as elemental hits' additional damage doesn't get calculated into the stat display.)

edit: forgot about power charge, you probably need voll's protector for that... or have a power siphon for that.
Last edited by wxyjac on Aug 9, 2012, 12:32:34 PM
Thanks for the fast feedback!
In that case, what gems u recommend? Active/Support?
U think its worth it? The elemental equilibrium build? Or u have any idea of another "Dual Wand Elemental Build"?
personally I believe any build is worth trying; there's going to be a wipe anyway, so go for what you want. (I for instance went for this build).

Tho you probably need to come up with a better way of getting elemental damage nodes (since my possible build can only be effective with power charges).

new build
Last edited by wxyjac on Aug 9, 2012, 2:42:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info