[3.21] Megachonk RF Jugg | Ultra Tanky + Endgame Viable + Very good starter

I leveled with RF from 22. I had a Kikazaru and Springleaf. Was not able to sustain perfectly, but a health potion every 30 seconds or so was enough. Didn't take much to get to get to the point where my life total was going up instead of down (Mid thirties I think it was).
"
LoveBeatsWAR wrote:
trying to lvl with it ...lvl 22 ....useing the items u said ...burns me down to quick....any solutions?.... should i lvl with something else?
Kikazaru and Springleaf were good enough for me iirc. If you're still struggling just use RF when you get a bit more regen. Ofc Fire resist should be capped. This (I hope) goes without saying.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Last edited by devon752 on Nov 29, 2021, 6:01:20 PM
Found some spots where being ignited became unhealthy. So I changed out determination for purity of elements. I have 79% physical damage reduction without charges and no determination, easily capped with endurance charges, which I have 8 of. Is there any other reason for determination other than the physical damage reduction? Also, is there a reason we don't want to ignite with our skills? I haven't tested, but it seems like we might be gimping some damage by using elemental focus and removing ignite.

I don't really understand all the game mechanics, which is why I'm asking, sorry.

I also changed from Saffrels, the "cannot block attacks" seemed too risky in end game stuff. I feel really tanky with a regular shield and still get plenty of charges on the flasks(which I need to reroll). I can easily stand in the middle of a pack of mobs in a t16 map and my life never drops. However, it's not a cheap shield that I have and it's on standard, not a league.

I think my gear is pretty good, is there any other areas where to improve? I like this build so much that I've decided to go a little overboard with it :)
"
RinTheToon wrote:
Found some spots where being ignited became unhealthy. So I changed out determination for purity of elements. I have 79% physical damage reduction without charges and no determination, easily capped with endurance charges, which I have 8 of. Is there any other reason for determination other than the physical damage reduction? Also, is there a reason we don't want to ignite with our skills? I haven't tested, but it seems like we might be gimping some damage by using elemental focus and removing ignite.

I don't really understand all the game mechanics, which is why I'm asking, sorry.

I also changed from Saffrels, the "cannot block attacks" seemed too risky in end game stuff. I feel really tanky with a regular shield and still get plenty of charges on the flasks(which I need to reroll). I can easily stand in the middle of a pack of mobs in a t16 map and my life never drops. However, it's not a cheap shield that I have and it's on standard, not a league.

I think my gear is pretty good, is there any other areas where to improve? I like this build so much that I've decided to go a little overboard with it :)
I listed in my guide that you should use purity of elements and determination. One of the reasons is ignite, the others are ofc shock and freeze. As for determination, yes it's there for phys reduction. The build usually goes only up to 5 end charges but since your gear is insane you can probably drop Determination and use Malevolence (which I see you did). The reason why you want your armor to be "overcapped" is not because of the small mobs but the big 10k 20k hits. The higher the damage of a single hit the less effective the armor.

As for ignite the only useful application for RF would be igniting with a skill that has the Combustion support linked to it. With that said, you still need a skill thst could ignite and none of the skills we use actually hit to be able to ignite. Our skills only burn the target so it's impossible to ignite with them. The only options would be shield charge or wave of conviction since they hit, but even then you would need 100% chance to ignite which is just silly to even attempt.

Finally the reason why I went for Saffels is because it's far superior vs spell damage mitigation and my super high armor covers all of the attacks anyway.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
Last edited by devon752 on Nov 30, 2021, 6:30:07 PM
Excellent response, that answers my questions. I didn't know they didn't ignite...I'm pretty stupid when it comes to the mechanics of the game. My watcher's eye pretty much made me go malevolence before I got the stick. I just switched from determination back to purity of elements today, did a few runs where the ignite was making my hp drop faster than it regenned and that took care of it.

Once again, thank you so much, I've been playing since closed beta and this is probably my favorite build :)

"
devon752 wrote:
"
LoveBeatsWAR wrote:
trying to lvl with it ...lvl 22 ....useing the items u said ...burns me down to quick....any solutions?.... should i lvl with something else?
Kikazaru and Springleaf were good enough for me iirc. If you're still struggling just use RF when you get a bit more regen. Ofc Fire resist should be capped. This (I hope) goes without saying.

ty for quick reply ...lvl with it ....love it for the moment....
Hello devon :-)

Nice to meet you , i made the gigachad RF and im having tons of fun !!!!

Thank you so much for this build , i love it !!

I have some questions when you have time ;-)

Can you advice me last 5 points to lvl100 where to spent ?

Can you advice me between incinerate and scorching ray what you think is better to use in place of searing bond ?
And what you would advice for links ?

I want to try something else too to feel it and see if i settle on searing bond or something else

Much respect brother
Your strength is the law !!

MadG poe on youtube for mellee content
"
eldest-bike4 wrote:
Hello devon :-)

Nice to meet you , i made the gigachad RF and im having tons of fun !!!!

Thank you so much for this build , i love it !!

I have some questions when you have time ;-)

Can you advice me last 5 points to lvl100 where to spent ?

Can you advice me between incinerate and scorching ray what you think is better to use in place of searing bond ?
And what you would advice for links ?

I want to try something else too to feel it and see if i settle on searing bond or something else

Much respect brother
Ty for checking it out and for the kind words :D

For the last 5 points path to Divine Judgement and take the 15% to all elemental resistances or 40% increased effect of non-damagining ailments (it will improve your shock effect by 5%-6%). After that Anoint something else (check best anoints at bottom of the guide or pick what you like).

I would probably pick Scorching ray. Just look for a Scorching ray guide and look for the best links or import into PoB with your char and check damage there. If you take this skill then you don't need Exposure AOE on your cluster jewel either so you can go for flat damage instead.

Hi devon !

I never used Juggernaut for RF, tried Inquisitor and Chieftain up til now, but your version looks really nice. Thanks for sharing !

Last league I played RF chief with 90-80-80 max resists and tempered by war but I found out I had trouble when facing mobs with elemental penetration (specifically fire, due to tempered by war). Are you fine during heavy-modded Expeditions ?

Also, as a chief I had no trouble with ignite; is that such a big problem for Juggernaut that you have to run Purity of Elements ? This league I've been using Tempest Shield (shock immu and spell block) coupled with Kaom's Roots (de facto chill/freeze immunity) and it has been a blast. As a jugg you don't even need Kaom's boots, and I feel like Tempest shield has a huge synergy with Saffell's Frame. Did you consider it ?

I think I'll respec my chief into jugg and give it a try :)
"
PoitelMarto wrote:
Hi devon !

I never used Juggernaut for RF, tried Inquisitor and Chieftain up til now, but your version looks really nice. Thanks for sharing !

Last league I played RF chief with 90-80-80 max resists and tempered by war but I found out I had trouble when facing mobs with elemental penetration (specifically fire, due to tempered by war). Are you fine during heavy-modded Expeditions ?

Also, as a chief I had no trouble with ignite; is that such a big problem for Juggernaut that you have to run Purity of Elements ? This league I've been using Tempest Shield (shock immu and spell block) coupled with Kaom's Roots (de facto chill/freeze immunity) and it has been a blast. As a jugg you don't even need Kaom's boots, and I feel like Tempest shield has a huge synergy with Saffell's Frame. Did you consider it ?

I think I'll respec my chief into jugg and give it a try :)

Hello hello :D

Unfortunately I haven't done any logbooks with this build but that was mostly because I don't like Expedition. So I can't tell you for sure about the penetration. I did do all of the expedition encounters on maps though and didn't have any problems with them.

As for the Purity of Elements (and ignite problems) I took it for a couple of reasons:
1) Elemental Ailment Immunity: not just ignoring all ignites but also shock and chill/freeze (huge deal in my book) which in turn frees up the pantheon quite a bit and gearing options (check my boots to see what I mean, the regen is really nice and you don't need to focus on freeze immunity).
2) Insane amount of resistances. People underestimate the base value of Purity of elements. It gives at lvl21 --> 35% to all elemental resistances. That's a 105% total elemental resist item that you don't need to worry about and you can focus more on damage and whatnot. One of the reasons why my amulet and ring can be so good (though my amulet could use some work).
3) Lastly. Really cheap Watcher's Eyes, Tempest shield doesn't have a Watcher's eyes benefit. Purity of elements does.

Tempest shield is ok and I did consider it but after seeing such a cheap Watcher's eye for Purity of elements and Vitality I just didn't think twice. I would even prefer Malevolence for the Watcher's eye compatibility but in the end it's up to you. There are really nice 4 stat rare jewels, if you find such a beast jewel to replace a watcher's eye then go for it. But since Watcher's eyes give a huge benefit with Vitality as well I'd say a rare jewel would always be inferior.
Last edited by devon752 on Dec 2, 2021, 8:03:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info