Post aura rage here. I will lock any other aura thread I see.

"
Exilium wrote:

Now that you mention it, was the Tar change because of performance? I was sad to see that the Tar didn't look like Tar at all anymore. More like, black gas clouds or something.

yes few people (?? I never seen any complains in fact and I am a avid forum troll).. complained about particle effects because their rigs cannot cope with them... LA went first, then tar now auras... look what has particles for the next defuff to nice PoE graphics
+1 Graphics Option
I for one love it. It looks crisp and easily identifiable. Not to mention the previous auras caused my FPS to go from 160 to under 30.
IGN: Narbays
"
narbays wrote:
I for one love it. It looks crisp and easily identifiable. Not to mention the previous auras caused my FPS to go from 160 to under 30.

^^ we got the winner... I always wanted to know- what rig are you running?? because my old laptop can cope with this game just fine.. PLEASE tell me!
I'm sorry to be so negative, but I think the new auras look horrible, just awful. They are ugly and I can't tell what aura is what. I don't think you should have changed them. Please put auras back the way they were.

This is actually an unpleasant enough change that I am not enjoying the game near as much.
As was mentioned by the devs in another thread, the idea is to put the focus on the coolness of your character rather than the visual appeal of the auras.

Translation: They want you to buy more microtransactions to look cooler, not stack auras.

EDIT: For the record, I also miss the old auras.
Last edited by v4nkuish on Apr 7, 2013, 10:57:00 PM
More neater and slicker. Keep. Nice work! :)

Edit: You have icons on the top left telling which auras you have. Why display over the top redundant graphical information on the character?
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
Last edited by THEHORNEDRAT on Apr 7, 2013, 10:58:45 PM
i have played since closed Beta, I read forums daily (although this if my first post), and i have been excited about every new addition until now. I know this is beta still but the new auras are a step backwards. No disrespect to the creators but the original auras were so much more impressive! I haven't even seen how they look in group yet but i can't imagine it looks better. But the thing is i don't group that often. 90% of my play is solo and i really loved my characters running anywhere from one up to 5 auras. funny thing is i was running an old character to do the quest that gives the splash gem and i dont'run auras on him but died to desync. i would love a graphics slider for auras. May be asking for too much but i would rather lower overall graphics and have the old auras than run graphics at max and have the new auras.
"
Halcion wrote:
As was mentioned by the devs in another thread, the idea is to put the focus on the coolness of your character rather than the visual appeal of the auras.

Translation: They want you to buy more microtransactions to look cooler, not stack auras.

EDIT: For the record, I also miss the old auras.

Unique items 3d models are being made at the moment as well as other armour upgrades. Dont try translate my words into some weird money scam lol.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
So much butt hurt and QQ as usual when GGG makes a change in the game. I for one LOVE the new auras and much prefer them over the old. The new are more understated and clean looking. Good job guys!
Guild Leader - LÉGÄCY

POE is happy good luck fun time for great imperialistic leaders!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info