[3.17] Energy Blade Lightning Strike Berserker

"
ynsae wrote:
How am I looking at 50?

Tanky, fast clear, awful single target atm.

Can someone explain the Trinity set up? I'm not sure how it works or what the Notes mean when it recommends using "either Trinity set up" one on a weapon and the other 6l? Please halp.

you dont play this build as energy blade early on you just play standard lightning strike build with trinity. trinity needs a weapon with multiple elements. so in other words do atleast 2 of the 3 elements this is pretty easy to achieve by using a rebuke of the vaal from lvl 64+ and that carries you map wise until late reds. really this is not a build you should be looking to swap to until atleast 85+ maybe 90 as then you have enough skill points to grab majority of the stuff
"

This is what I currently have right now. It is pretty fun. I do have a question. Is there any way you can leech life?

you can spec into leech nodes with the threaded hope.
also going by your character your missing so much. EB doesnt have quality(makes a massive difference crit wise)
no banner and your gems are low level. most gems are 1-2c at lvl 20 versions its worth spending the 10c in total to pickup all relevant aura's as lvl 20 corrupted versions its a huge difference
"
ArzanPlays wrote:
I'm a level 88 general cry shield crush beserker, and am strongly considering moving to this.

I've seen the Pob for Kobes budget lightning strike beserker which he claims is 5 ex. However, just the equipment alone comes to 20++ ex when looking at the trade website however that build does 27m dps.

This build does 3.5m dps, but has equal amounts of tanky stats.

Can anyone tell me how you would scale this build for even more dmg? Like what is the upgrade path I should be planning.

I have about 10 Ex now so I can easily switch tonight.

sorry for 3 posts in a row but wanted to answer based on my experiences with this build compared to other LS builds.
so this build is a lot cheaper to get started.
scaling would be get more -lightning res on gear from scourge on top of getting better rings,belt.

there probably is also a way to go into cluster jewels but unsure on how that would look and probably be some time messing around to really min max clusters for this.

Kobes build is massively misleading and he has been called out on it several times already. his 3.5ex does not have the dps he states it has and like you said the gear he is "showing" is actually 20ex+
"
shadowraiden wrote:
"

This is what I currently have right now. It is pretty fun. I do have a question. Is there any way you can leech life?

you can spec into leech nodes with the threaded hope.
also going by your character your missing so much. EB doesnt have quality(makes a massive difference crit wise)
no banner and your gems are low level. most gems are 1-2c at lvl 20 versions its worth spending the 10c in total to pickup all relevant aura's as lvl 20 corrupted versions its a huge difference

Yeah I actually started the build from a new character yesterday and just got into mapping. But it is feeling really nice. I can already try to do yellow and red tier maps right after I defeated kitava. I just bought a 20/23 vaal lightning strike. Going to try to go through as many maps as possible to get the qualities on the gems.
Everything been smooth and fine, until i get to 14+ juiced maps.
Got full 90% phs reduction, 50\50 block, 75/84 res(0 chaos btw), but still getting oneshots(mostly in scourge) and boss fights are kill or be killed with surprise oneshots.
lightning res -105
Problem is pob in unbuffed state showing nice calculations - 80-100k effective life(12k chaos) and i just dont see the trick. Sometimes i think what its shots from -105 light res(like doryany didn't working, but pob looks fine).
Maybe im missing something?
So i respecced my league start marauder in to this, got most of the pieces and i must say, holy crap dude. It's so damn good. i'm using a cwdt instead of self cast molten shell as well as some other gem swaps. Really enjoying it, thank you! Great work on the build :)
I've been playing this build for several days now and am currently level 88, but I swear my Doryani's Prototype is busted. Any time I encounter lightning damage it melts my face instantly. Like the Shavronne on t14 Tower map, any projectile one shots me and the tiniest bit of lightning damage shocks/stuns me. It honestly feels like I'm running around with -71% lightning resist (which I am, but it's not supposed to matter?).

Is there anything I can do to figure this out?

Any help much appreciated. I feel like I'm losing it.
"
Seitoko wrote:
I've been playing this build for several days now and am currently level 88, but I swear my Doryani's Prototype is busted. Any time I encounter lightning damage it melts my face instantly. Like the Shavronne on t14 Tower map, any projectile one shots me and the tiniest bit of lightning damage shocks/stuns me. It honestly feels like I'm running around with -71% lightning resist (which I am, but it's not supposed to matter?).

Same here, i finded mob(blue) and got oneshoted from basic lightning attack.
4700hp+2000es, 28k armor(86%) and -106 light res. Maybe doryany broken or something?
Same problem, any lighting dmg is pain.
"
Dartiuseg wrote:
"
Seitoko wrote:

Same here, i finded mob(blue) and got oneshoted from basic lightning attack.
4700hp+2000es, 28k armor(86%) and -106 light res. Maybe doryany broken or something?
Yeah I'm not entirely sure, PoB seems to have a problem calculating Lightning Damage mitigation with Doryani's because I've noticed too that my EHP is way lower than what PoB shows under calculations. I'm afraid I dont have any easy solution other than try to get more armour, Jade flask+Iron Reflexes seems like the most viable solution to me, or possibly just a basalt with a % armour roll instead of Silver Flask and get another source of onslaught. I now have Onslaught on kill as a scourge mod on my boots, can also just get rare boots with onslaught veiled mod/crafted mod.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info