[3.17] Energy Blade Lightning Strike Berserker

"
Frost666 wrote:
"
Dartiuseg wrote:
"
Seitoko wrote:
I've been playing this build for several days now and am currently level 88, but I swear my Doryani's Prototype is busted. Any time I encounter lightning damage it melts my face instantly. Like the Shavronne on t14 Tower map, any projectile one shots me and the tiniest bit of lightning damage shocks/stuns me. It honestly feels like I'm running around with -71% lightning resist (which I am, but it's not supposed to matter?).

Is there anything I can do to figure this out?

Any help much appreciated. I feel like I'm losing it.

Same here, i finded mob(blue) and got oneshoted from basic lightning attack.
4700hp+2000es, 28k armor(86%) and -106 light res. Maybe doryany broken or something?
Yeah I'm not entirely sure, PoB seems to have a problem calculating Lightning Damage mitigation with Doryani's because I've noticed too that my EHP is way lower than what PoB shows under calculations. I'm afraid I dont have any easy solution other than try to get more armour, Jade flask+Iron Reflexes seems like the most viable solution to me, or possibly just a basalt with a % armour roll instead of Silver Flask and get another source of onslaught. I now have Onslaught on kill as a scourge mod on my boots, can also just get rare boots with onslaught veiled mod/crafted mod.

Your experience right now then would suggest that Doryani's Prototype is working, and the lightning defense does scale on armor, it's just a whole lot lower than 75% resist would normally be? I've got about 86% estimated phys reduction from armor now since I'm really stacking more ES. Is there any target number that you found viable? There are a few things that honestly seem impossible to survive with my character as-is. :(

Currently standing around with auras active I'm at 27.6k armor, 4,261 life, and 2,034 ES, along with 1 minimum endurance charge.
hmm so ive been thinking as a potential swap later you could try energy blade generals cry blade flurry.
was actually thinking this could work for a fun swap(tree wouldnt need to change drastically overall)

dont quite have the currency to give this a test but could be something to mess around with
Can we use energy blade without doriant prototype?
"
808mafia wrote:

sure probably just rock a good armour+es chest. i would argue you would need lightning pen as a link on lightning strike since as a berserker you dont really get much ele pen anywhere
There is a way with damage taken shifting from light to cold (we can overstack up to 87% cold res, or even more) with talisman.
With doriani we have 0 light res(if i understand it right) without armour, even if there -130 in tooltip, so with 50% conversion its about 44%.
Didn't test it much, but looks good.
Talisman with 100% shifting cost 15+ ex and other mods are shit
Last edited by Dartiuseg on Nov 8, 2021, 5:50:40 AM
"
shadowraiden wrote:
"
808mafia wrote:

sure probably just rock a good armour+es chest. i would argue you would need lightning pen as a link on lightning strike since as a berserker you dont really get much ele pen anywhere

Snx for the answer on my question. Because get 6 link doriany on console aint real. Im try testing energy blade with good es chest. Snx
"
808mafia wrote:
"
shadowraiden wrote:
"
808mafia wrote:

Snx for the answer on my question. Because get 6 link doriany on console aint real. Im try testing energy blade with good es chest. Snx

tbh i would if u cant get the chest i wouldnt do this type of lightning strike its kinda setup to make use of it. your better off just going typical lightning strike setup with a normal weapon.

also 6L aint difficult this league thanks to tainted fusings so even on console it shouldnt be too bad
Yup I'm probably quiting after failing this build. I spent all my saved up exalts about 10 ex into this and getting 1 shot by white mobs. I have 97% phy mitigation???????????? Is prototype bugged ?
One recommendation, especially for Scourge. Get a 8% Phasing abyss jewel. Makes a world of difference. 8% is enough as it procs constantly with how many times we hit.
Will try phasing(loved running with it in minion build - haste/phase)

Experimenting with

and 88% cold res.
Feels much better, delved 200+ without death, 1 death from metamorf and stuck few times in scourge mobs(14+ maps), no oneshots.
Made utility flasks with shock reduce effect + refill charges on crit and reuse on full charge.
Downside is less damage output with amulet like this.

Love the build for clearspeed and its synergy with league mechanic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info