Multistrike

"
"
ness wrote:
at 1 yes it should, at least that how it works with 'generic' melee skills (dual strike, frenzy and so on).
It always performs 3 attacks and you CAN'T interrupt an animation, it has to finish for you to be able to move. That's the downside (there's one other) of this skill especially for slow weapons.
at 2 - you are charged once for 3 attacks but at 180% mana cost multiplier.

Thanks for that. Just bought one and verified myself.

All I can say is holy m***f*** baby Jesus this is OP on LS. Since I never use it in melee range anyways (22k LS) my effective DPS just nearly doubled without any drawback whatsoever.

gg ggg buffing more elemental ranged builds.
thx ness for your answer, so it makes sense to use multistrike with a aoe skill like cleave/groundslam rather than with a singletarget attack
ING: "MeneaterMildrid" or "WICKEDSICKmoves"
yep
Splash was aimed for augmenting single target skills to let them deal damage against multiple targets not MS.
MS is just speed boost with autoaim for ease of use.
If you are facing many mobs it's still better to use aoe skills (even without ms linked) then single target skill with ms.

@SEOINAGE
Not sure how he got that twice more dps from ms alone.
For lightning strike and 16 lvl ms it's like 48% and it gets reduced bonus from ele supports thx to 40% melee damage penalty (overall) 40% meelee PSYCH damage support (only for psych).
Those are lvled values, on 1 lvl MS has 40% overall melee penalty and no boost to melee psych so that twice dps boost with 1 lvl MS is even less likely.
Maybe he is comparing not linked LS to LS + MS + Melee psych dmg or something like that (it should be around 100% bonus for lvled MS and MPD then).

Last edited by ness on Apr 8, 2013, 1:06:10 PM
"
ness wrote:
yep
Splash was aimed for augmenting single target skills to let them deal damage against multiple targets not MS.
MS is just speed boost with autoaim for ease of use.
If you are facing many mobs it's still better to use aoe skills (even without ms linked) then single target skill with ms.

@SEOINAGE
Not sure how he got that twice more dps from ms alone.
For lightning strike and 16 lvl ms it's like 48% and it gets reduced bonus from ele supports thx to 40% melee damage penalty (overall) 40% meelee PSYCH damage support (only for psych).
Those are lvled values, on 1 lvl MS has 40% overall melee penalty and no boost to melee psych so that twice dps boost with 1 lvl MS is even less likely.
Maybe he is comparing not linked LS to LS + MS + Melee psych dmg or something like that (it should be around 100% bonus for lvled MS and MPD then).

The main thing here is that the projectiles don't get any reduction whatsoever since they are projectiles and not melee so yes my listed dps is still the same but since I attack twice as fast I effectivly double my dmg output.

EDIT: Another nice side effect of this very OP gem is that it's easier to maintain mana now as well since I only pay every 3 strikes and only have twice the APS. And this only for 130% mana cost multiplier.
Also I leech noticable more life as well since dmg stays the same but with twice the attack speed.

EDIT 2: Same reason as MPD doesn't apply to projectiles basically so makes perfect sense from the game engine point of view.
IGN Standard: HolyPatman
IGN Anarchy: UnholyPatman
Last edited by AlmightyPatman on Apr 8, 2013, 1:21:39 PM
ah sry I'm not up to date with some things (pre OB times).

Yeah MS in mana efficient as long as you are using it with some psych dmg or don't have to worry about any weapon dmg penalties as with LS.
"
pantherz wrote:
Nerf coming soon.

Really too OP :s
funny someone who says in his SIG he is ranged.. posts its OP almost immediately after its released. Obvious troll
Can someone test how this gem works with elemental hit (yes it has "melee" and "attack")?

Wish the bonus part won't be down-scaled from Multistrike.
-o-o-o- IGN: DontWorryAboutTheDetail -o-o-o-
-o-o-o- IGN: JustFollowYourHeart -o-o-o-
--------------------------------------------
I prefer forum message when you need to contact me regarding bid, since sometimes I afk in game.
"
BazzV5 wrote:

I had a quick look when you first posted this.

Not sure how much you can tell from Cruel Fellshrine but yes, some skills will synergise better than others with Multi. That in itself doesn't make it OP though.

He's trying the synergise of Multistrike gem on Merciless in Fellshrine.

"

Well after testing it Kripps group was trying to sell it. That's not a good sign.
Kripp pretty much voiced exactly how I feel atm. "melee sucks im going to bed."
Melee is fine for short races . Endgame pve grinding melee has become a painful chore.

Kripps was trying to sell a gem lent by a streamer, ok, sure. It's not a self-loot gem by Kripps, he's just asking someone for try and show on stream the synergise.

He's never say "melee sucks im going to bed." cause he waiting race all night long and i have follow the stream maybe 5/6 hours ...

"
Drahken wrote:
funny someone who says in his SIG he is ranged.. posts its OP almost immediately after its released. Obvious troll

Funny someone who read my only first post and want troll me about that.

Funny someone who thinking i have only one character cause my SIG have only one, for ur info i have up around 10/12 characters around level 60/65, u want i put all in my SIG, just put my main ...

U ARE A OBVIOUS TROLL !

And for finish, i dont try to troll GGG or something like that, it's my very favorite of these last years game. Think what u want ;)

Has multistrike been tested on zombies yet? Does it work or do anything interesting at all?
"
pantherz wrote:
"
BazzV5 wrote:

I had a quick look when you first posted this.

Not sure how much you can tell from Cruel Fellshrine but yes, some skills will synergise better than others with Multi. That in itself doesn't make it OP though.

He's trying the synergise of Multistrike gem on Merciless in Fellshrine.

Someone verbally asked Kripp which difficulty he was in and his reply was Cruel.

He did go to Merciless for a bit as well.
OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info