Multistrike

I'm sorry but this support gem should have only worked with single target abilities like melee splash.

Secondly it should have resulted in a net damage increase similar to concentrated effect or weapon elemental damage or even higher.

Otherwise it would be worthless to link to a single target. Meaning linked to a single target ability it would be faster to kill targets without multistrike.

It certainly didn't solve problems where a valid aoe does not exist. EX claw and dagger users, and physical dual wield users.
"
Sachiru wrote:
How does this interact with minions?

yes i tested this it works, also splash works too
"
Secksy wrote:
anyone confirm if this works with viper strike?

tested and works very nicely
"
Dragon585 wrote:
Someone with this gem mind trying it with Leap slam, cyclone, or Ground Slam and post the results please. I would really like to hear them, and the way my luck runs, it will be weeks before I get one of these gems myself.

leap is ok but what i don't like is the range on it with leap. you wont be jumping around the map like flicker does, however i do like the LOH with it still there is no -damg effectives when it comes to life on hit.
I have two questions regarding the behaviour with Lightning Strike (and general) for anyone who's tested this.

1) If you shift attack without hitting a target will it still perform all three attacks or will it stop after the first attack.
2) Will each attack cost mana or is mana only charged once per 3-attack cycle?
IGN Standard: HolyPatman
IGN Anarchy: UnholyPatman
Last edited by AlmightyPatman on Apr 8, 2013, 10:37:14 AM
at 1 yes it should, at least that how it works with 'generic' melee skills (dual strike, frenzy and so on).
It always performs 3 attacks and you CAN'T interrupt an animation, it has to finish for you to be able to move. That's the downside (there's one other) of this skill especially for slow weapons.
at 2 - you are charged once for 3 attacks but at 180% mana cost multiplier.

It needs testing but it seems to me that this support would be incredibly strong with Cyclone, either going Elemental or with a 2h weapon.
IGN: Dmillz
"
ness wrote:
at 1 yes it should, at least that how it works with 'generic' melee skills (dual strike, frenzy and so on).
It always performs 3 attacks and you CAN'T interrupt an animation, it has to finish for you to be able to move. That's the downside (there's one other) of this skill especially for slow weapons.
at 2 - you are charged once for 3 attacks but at 180% mana cost multiplier.

Thanks for that. Just bought one and verified myself.

All I can say is holy m***f*** baby Jesus this is OP on LS. Since I never use it in melee range anyways (22k LS) my effective DPS just nearly doubled without any drawback whatsoever.
IGN Standard: HolyPatman
IGN Anarchy: UnholyPatman
what happens when i fight against 2 enemys with heavy strike and multistrike, do i hit both enemys or just one of them?
ING: "MeneaterMildrid" or "WICKEDSICKmoves"
You can't focus on one target with ms when there are multiple targets in your range.
You will alternate your hits between them.

And it's done automatically.
Press shift, hold ms skill hotkey and enjoy.
Last edited by ness on Apr 8, 2013, 12:30:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info