Multistrike

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Vanarchy wrote:
Got a mechanics question:
Let's say I'm dual wielding 2 weapons, first one has 8% base crit, second one has 5%. I know that crit is rolled once for all 3 of multistrike attacks, but which one of those 2 base crit chances (8% or 5%) are used for these calculations?
Depending on what you mean by that, the answer is either neither or both.

Neither: Crit chance is not involved in making the crit roll for the skill (this is the bit which only happens once). It's just a random number from 1 to 100. No crit chance is involved in picking it.
Both: For each hit the skill makes, it compares the relevant crit chance stat to the crit roll the skill made (factoring in any modifiers on the defending monster) to see if that hit is a critical. Hits made with the 8% crit chance weapon will use 8% for this purpose, hits made with the 5% crit chance weapon will use 5%.

I understand how this works. But if i'm using a diamond flask, with lucky critical chance. How the reroll will work if both swords have diferent crit chances and if just one of the weapons crits?

Sorry for my bad english.
why cannot support bladestorm? stats CAN support =>MELEE/ATTACK and we know bladestorm its ATTACK, DURATION, MELEE, AOE :C need more attack speed in storm form
Hello,

With the update 3.7 multistrike no longer allows to hit as fast.
94% more -> 44% more at level 20 (that's 1.94 / 1.44 = 36% less attack speed)

1) regarding the dps
I do not understand why multistrike has been modified with an increase of damage in the second and third hit, I would prefer to return to equal damage for each hit

Despite the increase in damage to the second and third hits, the update of multistrike seems to reduce the damage (if my calculations are good) I do not understand why

2) regarding the hit speed (the most important point of my post)
my main character (lvl 95 Baron_Duin_Halfmorn) is built with big defenses (armor and resistances) but relatively little life and energy shield.To survive, I maximized the regeneration of life and energy shield based on the gain of life (with a claw) and shield of energy per hit.
Until then, it worked well, but now, with the loss of speed, I do not regenerate fast enough (especially when there is only one target like boss fights) so ... with version 3.7 my prefered build is broken:(

To remedy this problem maybe it would be possible to add to multistrike a parameter gain of life / mana / energy shield per hit increased by at least 36%
I hope that GGG can quickly do something about this problem

Otherwise thank you GGG for this great game I've been playing for many years now

Sorry if my english is approximate
Last edited by bulbizor on Jun 15, 2019, 12:28:57 PM
"
Lfon wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Vanarchy wrote:
Got a mechanics question:
Let's say I'm dual wielding 2 weapons, first one has 8% base crit, second one has 5%. I know that crit is rolled once for all 3 of multistrike attacks, but which one of those 2 base crit chances (8% or 5%) are used for these calculations?
Depending on what you mean by that, the answer is either neither or both.

Neither: Crit chance is not involved in making the crit roll for the skill (this is the bit which only happens once). It's just a random number from 1 to 100. No crit chance is involved in picking it.
Both: For each hit the skill makes, it compares the relevant crit chance stat to the crit roll the skill made (factoring in any modifiers on the defending monster) to see if that hit is a critical. Hits made with the 8% crit chance weapon will use 8% for this purpose, hits made with the 5% crit chance weapon will use 5%.

I understand how this works. But if i'm using a diamond flask, with lucky critical chance. How the reroll will work if both swords have diferent crit chances and if just one of the weapons crits?

Sorry for my bad english.

Each weapons damage is calculated separately. Both weapons have their own role
The skill shouldn't animation cancel itself when holding down left click to attack. Or was this silently fixed?
Last edited by Daemonjax on Jul 2, 2019, 9:55:37 PM
The rework feels terrible. Attacks not getting repeated because of animation canceling/queuing so you don't get the extra damage on subsequent hits, which makes this just a shitty attack speed multiplier. The old multistrike gem was good enough, it made your attack speed so high that the lockdown didn't even matter, please revert it.
VAC RGL RGI SOE DCC
I like this new multi strike rework. Good speed if you can handle being stationary for a short time.
Can we talk about the proposed changes to Multistrike? The support gem has not been in a good spot during Legion League. People didn't care for it and I reckon they still won't.

Old Multistrike:
30% less Damage
44% more Attack Speed
2nd hit = +50%
3rd hit = +99%

New Multistrike:
10% less Damage
44% more Attack Speed
2nd hit= +22%
3rd hit = +44%

Always attacking three times, this means that damage progression looks like this between the two:

Old Multistrike:
(0.7 * 1.0) + (0.7 * 1.50) + (0.7 * 1.99) = 3.143

New Multistrike:
(0.9 * 1.0) + (0.9 * 1.22) + (0.9 * 1.44) = 3.294

If we want to look at the general increase in DPS, we of course have to divide those numbers by three.

Old: 1.047 (4.7% more damage)
New: 1.098 (9.8% more damage)

And you of course get the 44% more Attack Speed modifiers.

Before the new change, lightning builds like Lightning Strike could utilize it for big shocks against bosses with crits on the 3rd hit. The new version has way less build-up, so I'd think that most builds will still prefer to not run Multistrike.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Aug 26, 2019, 4:27:38 AM
New multistrike is better for carrion golems because their leap slam only does the first hit.
Used to feel great prior to 3.7, now makes any skill feel REALLY bad unless you already have a ton of attack speed. Animation canceling really sucks for melee and it's especially noticable when using Multistrike.

Remove animation cancelling (or animation forcing on specific skills) and revert Multistrike.
Pants of Textile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info