How Scourge's Launch Went

First league ever for me in years I wasn't getting dozens of disconnects on lunch day( only 1). However, getting some long(5 sec +) lags occasionally.

All the changes and the league mechanic seem enough to be engaging for now.

However the crucible device seems like an over glorified trash generator, nothing remotely useful comes out of it. Maybe add a lucky modifier roll to anything put into it?
"
snowmittens wrote:

However the crucible device seems like an over glorified trash generator

This!

At least I reached Act 6 so I can enjoy Expedition again :)
I'm really happy it went so smooth this league!
You guys did a really good job^^
I'm not too far in yet (havent reached maps yet) but I really enjoy this league's mechanic ^^ Thx for the fun! :)
Launch was good. Not sure about the rest. So far so good more or less. Haven't had much time so far. So i can't really say. There are some interesting new things. But i am not 100% convinced. I am still very sceptical and not very positive about it all. But we'll see where this 'vision' of yours will bring us.
Last edited by Rekill on Oct 25, 2021, 4:27:09 AM
Well, there wasn't really a login queue... For the initial launch. All the times a large part of the servers crapped out and booted >20% of the playerbase to login at a time? Those came with login queues.

So I'd rate it as a strong launch... For the first hour or so. Server stability after that was mediocre, and the client-side crashes have been numerous.

I guess that's why we only get some self-congratulatory "pat ourselves on the back" details with a peak concurrent count, and not, say, any attempt to try and count/relay the count on crashes. (something that should've been pretty trivial to sift from server telemetry)

As for the quality of the content? It "remains to be seen," though admittedly it's not a promising sign that there appears to be a general downward trend tied to how enthusiastic people are about it the longer they've been with it. The jank & overtuned-ness of it is to be expected, but the yields...

It's like we took some of the challenge of Incursion & Delirium, only to pair it with... Talisman's rewards. It seems that all the good rewards GGG came up with for 3.16 went to other content, rather than Scourge content.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
weird but it's been the worst launch so far for me: client crashes to desktop, server disconnects shortly before i could enable some waypoints which take 5 min to reach. also i never had to reenter the waiting queue 4 times.

yes, probably that chat item linking bug but it's also complaining on a high level cause the other league lauches were all fine for me where others had massive problems.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
snowmittens wrote:
However the crucible device seems like an over glorified trash generator, nothing remotely useful comes out of it. Maybe add a lucky modifier roll to anything put into it?

That might help, but it hasn't really helped all the Talisman drops we get. And rewards-wise, that's the league this reminds me of the most: Talisman. A game all about crafting, and our big reward is... Pre-RNG'd drops we cannot practically craft with.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Been really enjoying the quality of life stuff. The reduced amount of clicking necessary to pick up items is great. I noticed at the end of breachstones, all the items drop conveniently there, which is such a nice time saver. No longer running back to pick up the trail of items left behind. The reduced size of the atlas is also a great quality of life improvement. Trying to get maps in the region I am focusing on seems a lot easier and there's less complication for setting the atlas up. Also, the increased flask duration and mods that make flasks last even longer, plus the instilling orbs from the previous patch are so helpful.

I noticed lately that there's this notion that the "correct" way to play POE is to maximize clear speed, and this is reflected in the design around scourge. I think everyone plays for different reasons. You've got people who are fixated on clearspeed who if you were to take on a hiking trip, would race to the top of the mountain as fast as possible, because that's the point right? The point was to get to the top. And then you have other people (like myself) who will stop to smell the roses, and take our time climbing to the peak, because it's the journey, not the destination. Having swapped back and forth between Diablo 2 resurrected and Path of Exile has made me realize just how much faster paced path of exile is, which leads to flasks needing to be faster, to the point where your health/mana is bouncing up and down, to where you need to have the map overlayed over your screen at all times, even during combat (and hiding the action) because you're running so fast, you don't have the time to look back and forth between the minimap in the corner of your screen and the back to where you're running. Yeah, it's different.

On that note, it's seems like you've made attempts to slow the game down, and I think that's good. I'm mostly happy with the changes introduced in 3.16 and you guys have overall done a great job. Please keep the QOL stuff coming :)
Last edited by Boozbaz on Oct 25, 2021, 5:38:14 AM
Why are you doing so that now when I play poe I feel bad, and not good as before
Not feeling the league mechanic. It's way too dangerous for very little reward (apart from the scourged maps). Too much back-tracking and hovering over trash items. Each corruption stack gives more multiplier to monster hits and ailments and is, as far as I can tell, unlimited? Why?

The loot should spawn at your feet when you exit the mechanic. You did it for incursion and this is the exact same idea.

Other than that, the core game changes are all great except expedition feels extremely stuttery now, but maybe it's just my pc or a bad windows update, who knows.

Hope you guys can review the league mechanic and make some decent changes soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info