New and Changed Gems in Path of Exile: Scourge

"
IceMagma wrote:
"
PedroloGeo wrote:
"
IceMagma wrote:
Kinda hurts that Explosive Arrow Ignite is never allowed to be good, its already so hard to get 20 Arrows on the enemy to even be able to scale that damage but now you get even less out of that

As Ignite base damage has been increased by 150% the ignite from explosive arrow is now stronger than before, it is stated in the patch notes.

"
Explosive Arrow now has “Explosion deals 5% more Damage with Hits per Explosive Arrow on Target” (previously Hits and Ailments). Because of base Ignite damage changes, Ignite with the skill is now 66.7% higher with 10 arrows on the target. Ignite with the skill is now 25.0% higher with 20 arrows on the target.

I know that the damage is technically higher but the increase is kinda laughable for what it needs, the ignite portion has never been viable after they introduced the arrowcap after metamorph, even with both the new Ignite base damage and the 5% stacking it was near to impossible to get anything near 2 million ignite dps in a realistic setting while basically ingoring all defenses.

Seems like you have no idea on how to scale the dmg on explosive arrow..i played it earlier, reaching 20 arrows and a dmg around 10mill fairly easy.

So stop writing about something you clearly never played :)
Energy Blade is doa?

Fun concept.
Last edited by DarkJen on Oct 20, 2021, 8:27:23 PM
Bonehead nerf to strike skills, movement speed nerf to fortify wheel, nerf to staves, keep nerfing and no ones gona buy he support packs
"
DarkJen wrote:
Energy Blade is doa.

We hoped it would be fun.
But why so..

Fun concept.
Had nice perspectives.

I think this would be redeemed if you could then craft on the white energy blades. I'm casual and am now aware of a similar mechanic in which a toggle skill changes an equipment item. I wonder if this is a possibility.
Last edited by ATenX on Oct 20, 2021, 8:28:03 PM
"
hyyyben wrote:

Seems like you have no idea on how to scale the dmg on explosive arrow..i played it earlier, reaching 20 arrows and a dmg around 10mill fairly easy.

So stop writing about something you clearly never played :)

Could you show me that, i genuienly like the skill but its definitly possible that i made some glaring mistakes in its scaling its not like i am perfect or anything.
hype
What I want to know with Energy Blade...

Can we use a Weapon with +socketed gems to boost its level on cast? This is relevant with its quality.

IE: Can I use a 1h weapon with:
+1 Socketed Gems
+2 Support Gems
+8% Quality on socketed gems
Level 4 Enhance

to boost the quality really high for a nice boost its crit chance? Or will those effects be removed once my weapon is transformed?

I just wanna know if I can have a weapon with almost 10% base crit with this. Would make weapon choice actually interesting.
"
Rotgarg wrote:
Vortex buff? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

And Creeping Frost AND Cold Snap...

League starting Coldslinger for SURE now
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
What I want to know with Energy Blade...

Can we use a Weapon with +socketed gems to boost its level on cast? This is relevant with its quality.

IE: Can I use a 1h weapon with:
+1 Socketed Gems
+2 Support Gems
+8% Quality on socketed gems
Level 4 Enhance

to boost the quality really high for a nice boost its crit chance? Or will those effects be removed once my weapon is transformed?

I just wanna know if I can have a weapon with almost 10% base crit with this. Would make weapon choice actually interesting.

This will only work the way you want if Energy Blade snapshots the Quality effect when it is activated. I really doubt it will, because they already confirmed it doesn't snapshot Max ES.

You *could*, however, place the Energy Blade skill gem into a Shield with those mods, and it should work.

FYI, if you use an actual Haku-dropped item, it goes up to +10% to quality of socketed gems.

Also, Enhance and Empower are the only support gems I've been able to think of that actually do anything useful to Energy Blade.

EDIT: You can also just play Slayer and have it have 8% base crit (non-modifiable).
Last edited by QQPQ on Oct 20, 2021, 8:56:30 PM
Awesome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info