[3.17] HunterKee's Poisonous Concoction🐍🧪 || BOOM BOOM || Smooth Mapping || League Start

"
ahunterkee wrote:

But indeed, if you could put in shield charge + faster attack. This build is zooming to the moon

Yeah, I am zooming anyway even without faster attack. The problem with interraction between FD and WS is in cooldown, so until cooldown of WS is out, FD is not restoring its cooldown, which is not the case for shield charge (but shield charge removes buff from WS indeed). So in balance, shield charge is looking better for the ability to quickly move away, while flame dash is limited in there for zoom-zoom.

Question was more about fortify benefits, as shield charge is quite fast anyway and faster attack is not providing huge benfits.
"
Oblachko_O wrote:
"
ahunterkee wrote:

But indeed, if you could put in shield charge + faster attack. This build is zooming to the moon

Yeah, I am zooming anyway even without faster attack. The problem with interraction between FD and WS is in cooldown, so until cooldown of WS is out, FD is not restoring its cooldown, which is not the case for shield charge (but shield charge removes buff from WS indeed). So in balance, shield charge is looking better for the ability to quickly move away, while flame dash is limited in there for zoom-zoom.

Question was more about fortify benefits, as shield charge is quite fast anyway and faster attack is not providing huge benfits.

They nerf fortify, dont use it anymore
So I'm a tornado shot refugee and your original pob saved my ass this league from rerolling so thanks a lot for this post.

Currently zooming through early red maps, super fun build to play but the weakness on bosses is there. I was wondering what you think about volley, Steelmage is using it and Nugie made a video explaining that volley makes it so all his projectiles aoe actually hit if you hit the middle part of it which should help with boss dmg.

Steel was kinda discussing going Helix for fights like Maven (took him like 10 minutes to kill her on stream or so with PC), any idea/opinion on that?
Last edited by Kapaya on Oct 26, 2021, 6:55:23 AM
"
Kapaya wrote:
So I'm a tornado shot refugee and your original pob saved my ass this league from rerolling so thanks a lot for this post.

Currently zooming through early red maps, super fun build to play but the weakness on bosses is there. I was wondering what you think about volley, Steelmage is using it and Nugie made a video explaining that volley makes it so all his projectiles aoe actually hit if you hit the middle part of it which should help with boss dmg.

Steel was kinda discussing going Helix for fights like Maven (took him like 10 minutes to kill her on stream or so with PC), any idea/opinion on that?

Yes, indeed this is mapping specialize build and we have normal single target damage.

However you could invest more and gain more damage as well.

Greater Volley I use it as well however, Pathfinder have 30% inc AOE by itself, so I haven't test whether occ can do full AOE with 10% for 20 quality and 10% on gloves. without greater volley it is guarantee overlap if close enough. But yh, greater volley help mapping as well so.

For further approach, some people just build this as pure mapping char which can't do maven or uber elder.

Defense, Single Target, Mapping

However, you could remove some defense like less life node compare to steel or nugi to achieve more single target damage. In the end, you would have like 10M dot+ if you fully upgrade.

So it is base on yourself, whether you want to play something else and make this as mapping league starter which expldoe t16 like a sec. Or you give up some defense and build this to its limit

Hi, the POE link in the description is dead
yagal
"
Oninou wrote:
Hi, the POE link in the description is dead

Zooming one should be fine by now
How faster is Queen of the Forest compared to the standard Shield charge Carcass/Denobrate?

Thanks
"
Fanov wrote:
How faster is Queen of the Forest compared to the standard Shield charge Carcass/Denobrate?

Thanks

Queen of the Forest is about 30% ms increase I think.

But yh, I much prefer Carcass or Denobrate since it help so much on single target
"
Kapaya wrote:

I went lvl84 with the ts build and went aw8, it clears rolled T16 maps and guardians but it dies a lot. The tornado shot build is not that horrible if you tweak it a lot but it's not league start friendly at all. It has lots of survivability issues that imho you can't fix until very later on, I think it can shine after lvl95, a bit more life investment(thick skin) and with a legion jewel some phys dmg taken conversion and a mageblood ^^'. Getting to lvl95 with this build is tricky as hell, the best bet is imho farming beach head and skipping league mechanic. Seems like a fair upgrade from concoction.

Concotion is imho a fair league starter but the clear is too low imho.
Last edited by galuf on Oct 26, 2021, 8:07:52 PM
Is the survival of this build that bad? Dosen't sound very good, a build that dies alot. It can be very frustrating to play and you dont feel the sense of progression when your XP dosent go up anymore

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info