[3.19] DO NOT USE - Fuzzy Duckzy's Lightning Strike Raider - Great League Starter

Finally got my replica farrul's fur. After trading chaos for exalts etc. I bought a 6S for 18EX. That was most of my supply and thankfully it 6-Linked in about 600 fusings. I decided replica was better since we already have Phasing from our tree (Quarts Infusion) so getting onslaught is better. Also, to help survivability the endurance charges are nice.

Still having so much trouble finding a better claw. A base one with fractured attack speed or crit chance is insanely expensive and if I just let the trade search run for nice ones they are always either way beyond my budget or they lack an important stat.

If anyone is done with the league or with the build and has a nice claw that is not being used... send me a pm and perhaps I can buy it from you. Managed to acquire 11EX again so that is about the budget for the claw. Would really help me push a bit further. So far I only did Sirus A7 since I failed A8.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
I'm in ssf and played with similar claw for almost the entire league until I managed to get a better one. If I were you, I'd switch crit multi craft to elemental penetration and added cold to elemental damage with attacks. That way you will have much stronger lightning damage, which meahs stronger shock. You can also anoint Ash, Frost and Storm for another 30% effect. I believe it is better than Divine Judgement. Level 21 nightblade gives 0.1% extra crit, which is also good. And I highly recommend to get a good Lethal Pride. With this krangler it's very easy to get divines even in ssf environment.
Also good boot enchantment gives about 10% dps on Sirus. In my case 1-160 lightning is better than 10% penetration, but it takes some time to get this, but in a trade league it shouldn't be a big problem to run a few labyrinths of opportunity on a good day or just buy the ones with enchantment. Also I think that knockback from Lion's Roar may be very bad for dps.

I'm at the point where my gear is on trade league level and I can just delete a9 bosses. It's so satisfying to see 50% shock on Sirus or Maven.
Last edited by DocRoberts on Nov 30, 2021, 11:38:34 AM
"
DocRoberts wrote:
I'm in ssf and played with similar claw for almost the entire league until I managed to get a better one. If I were you, I'd switch crit multi craft to elemental penetration and added cold to elemental damage with attacks. That way you will have much stronger lightning damage, which meahs stronger shock. You can also anoint Ash, Frost and Storm for another 30% effect. I believe it is better than Divine Judgement. Level 21 nightblade gives 0.1% extra crit, which is also good. And I highly recommend to get a good Lethal Pride. With this krangler it's very easy to get divines even in ssf environment.
Also good boot enchantment gives about 10% dps on Sirus. In my case 1-160 lightning is better than 10% penetration, but it takes some time to get this, but in a trade league it shouldn't be a big problem to run a few labyrinths of opportunity on a good day or just buy the ones with enchantment. Also I think that knockback from Lion's Roar may be very bad for dps.

I'm at the point where my gear is on trade league level and I can just delete a9 bosses. It's so satisfying to see 50% shock on Sirus or Maven.

Thanks for the tips! I just bought the boots to get aspect of the cat after getting the chest. A boot enchant should not be a super big issue.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
Finally got my replica farrul's fur. After trading chaos for exalts etc. I bought a 6S for 18EX. That was most of my supply and thankfully it 6-Linked in about 600 fusings. I decided replica was better since we already have Phasing from our tree (Quarts Infusion) so getting onslaught is better. Also, to help survivability the endurance charges are nice.

Still having so much trouble finding a better claw. A base one with fractured attack speed or crit chance is insanely expensive and if I just let the trade search run for nice ones they are always either way beyond my budget or they lack an important stat.

If anyone is done with the league or with the build and has a nice claw that is not being used... send me a pm and perhaps I can buy it from you. Managed to acquire 11EX again so that is about the budget for the claw. Would really help me push a bit further. So far I only did Sirus A7 since I failed A8.

11EX is close enough to start crafting your own claw. Just buy a iLvl 82 Imperial Claw, spam with either Hatred/Anger/Wrath essence. Spam until you get essence flat damage and another T2 or T1 flat elemental damage. Ideally, you get exactly 2 prefix, which are your flat elemental damage (save one prefix space for penetration craft at the end) and 1~2 suffix (save one slot for "prefix cannot be changed" meta-crafting), use annulment if needed. On average this may cost you 2~3EX. Also, you can check on trade to find one to skip this step.

If you're lucky, you can get attack speed and/or critical chance suffix at this step. Just craft it with elemental penetration prefix or annul for multiple crafting mod, and you're good to go. (I just sold my old claw at 10EX today, which popped out during essence spamming and costed me only ~2EX)

If you are not lucky, you need to use "prefix cannot be changed" metacrafting and remove all suffix. Then, look for either "augment critical" or "augment speed" harvest crafting (people are selling these at 6~8EX), you will get a guaranteed critical strike chance and guaranteed attack speed, respectively.

You can augment both if you're rich enough. Alternatively, if you don't feel like gambling, you can augment just once and use multi-craft mod to get penetration + the missing mod, this costs only 4EX and is equivalent to rolling a T3 mod out of harvest augment.

The total cost should be ~15EX, and you get a decent claw without much RNG (guaranteed 2 T1 flat damage + attack speed + critical chance + elemental penetration). I'm really confused with how people are selling worse claws at more than 20EX.
Last edited by takeitez on Dec 1, 2021, 5:46:50 AM
Thanks as well. I've never crafted much at all but perhaps it's time to get into it as every league my only option is to save up enough to buy the few crafted items that are sold. I just don't like the RNG involved. Crafting should be deterministic and not based on luck. Also, you basically need a good amount of currency to be able to even start crafting and that is usually my problem.

Did a couple of lab runs yesterday but did not get the flat lightning damage. Instead I got added cold which of course also adds some damage. However, I am noticing I'm being stunned frequently and in normal maps it's not really a problem and I can survive but in higher nightmare levels it's often stun and die. I also did a simulacrum yesterday and it went ok until I met Kosis in wave 22. He 1-shot me a few times. Also, in the waves before I almost died a couple of times because there were so many mobs and I got stunned. We need to keep hitting to stay alive off of the leech/LGOH and when stunned it's no hits and bye bye life rapidly. I'm really leaning towards getting the stun immunity back on the boots if they show up as enchantment. Not getting stunned plays a lot smoother for me.

On a side node, I did Sirus A8 this morning with my current gear and made it with only 1 death. Highest shock on him that I saw was about 42% iirc. It helps that I know the fight well by now so i can get away without having super good gear.
I'm quite interested in this build - is there any way to scale the DPS higher?
Im in the endgame for this LS and i don't know where to go with it to boost my dmg. I feel like i should be doing a lot more than i am currently, anyone able to peak at my character and tell me if there's some obvious upgrades? Ring/ammy seems lackluster, have a lackluster jewel, and no bottled faith yet. I just sold all i had to get HH.

Character is Zoomstopher and it should be open to view
Last edited by larcomstopher on Dec 2, 2021, 11:42:14 PM
"
larcomstopher wrote:
Im in the endgame for this LS and i don't know where to go with it to boost my dmg. I feel like i should be doing a lot more than i am currently, anyone able to peak at my character and tell me if there's some obvious upgrades? Ring/ammy seems lackluster, have a lackluster jewel, and no bottled faith yet. I just sold all i had to get HH.

Character is Zoomstopher and it should be open to view
You don't have any ailment effect on your tree and using added cold instead of added lightning, which is questionable. I don't believe that even with all that gear you can apply maximum shock on end game bosses. And that basically where you're loosing a ton of damage. As of amulet, I'd probably go for Aul's. If you're still not crit capped, then lvl 21 nightblade will be an obvious upgrade. After all of that I'd probably go for good rare boots with tailwind, some life and resistances.
Without importing your character into pob I cannot tell for sure how good your cluster setup is, but I have a feeling that with the new skill tree and all those masteries you can get more from that.

Also you don't have any chaos res on your gear, which might not be a big problem under hh stacks, but I personally would try to get some just for QoL. Damage shouldn't be a big problem at that point anyway.
I'm sorry for the stupid question (?), but we apparently get crit immunity via poisoning due to claw mastery, but how exactly do we actually poison? cursory search of items/nodes doesn't help.
"
I'm sorry for the stupid question (?), but we apparently get crit immunity via poisoning due to claw mastery, but how exactly do we actually poison? cursory search of items/nodes doesn't help.

You can pick the 15% chance to poison on hit in the node cluster on the right side of the tree (leading up to Fatal Toxins). However, I think that most are not using that anymore. Not sure why, probably to use those skillpoints elsewhere :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info