[3.19] DO NOT USE - Fuzzy Duckzy's Lightning Strike Raider - Great League Starter

"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
"
I'm sorry for the stupid question (?), but we apparently get crit immunity via poisoning due to claw mastery, but how exactly do we actually poison? cursory search of items/nodes doesn't help.

You can pick the 15% chance to poison on hit in the node cluster on the right side of the tree (leading up to Fatal Toxins). However, I think that most are not using that anymore. Not sure why, probably to use those skillpoints elsewhere :)

So I'm not blind, that's good to know.
It's still in the updated 3.16 POB, which is why I got confused.
That's good news, thanks.
"
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
"
I'm sorry for the stupid question (?), but we apparently get crit immunity via poisoning due to claw mastery, but how exactly do we actually poison? cursory search of items/nodes doesn't help.

You can pick the 15% chance to poison on hit in the node cluster on the right side of the tree (leading up to Fatal Toxins). However, I think that most are not using that anymore. Not sure why, probably to use those skillpoints elsewhere :)

So I'm not blind, that's good to know.
It's still in the updated 3.16 POB, which is why I got confused.
That's good news, thanks.

Yeah it was just an idea for the original build but with the right gear you can get determination, ghost Dance & Endurance charges which is more than enough defence.

Other people have advanced this build a ton since the guide was released so I will look to fully update this with the most optimal version ready for 3.17 since league is pretty dead now with the events coming up
"
DocRoberts wrote:
"
larcomstopher wrote:
Im in the endgame for this LS and i don't know where to go with it to boost my dmg. I feel like i should be doing a lot more than i am currently, anyone able to peak at my character and tell me if there's some obvious upgrades? Ring/ammy seems lackluster, have a lackluster jewel, and no bottled faith yet. I just sold all i had to get HH.

Character is Zoomstopher and it should be open to view
You don't have any ailment effect on your tree and using added cold instead of added lightning, which is questionable. I don't believe that even with all that gear you can apply maximum shock on end game bosses. And that basically where you're loosing a ton of damage. As of amulet, I'd probably go for Aul's. If you're still not crit capped, then lvl 21 nightblade will be an obvious upgrade. After all of that I'd probably go for good rare boots with tailwind, some life and resistances.
Without importing your character into pob I cannot tell for sure how good your cluster setup is, but I have a feeling that with the new skill tree and all those masteries you can get more from that.

Also you don't have any chaos res on your gear, which might not be a big problem under hh stacks, but I personally would try to get some just for QoL. Damage shouldn't be a big problem at that point anyway.

Thanks for the feedback! A few things as to why i have what i have currently:

1. I have been exploring the tailwind boots as a next upgrade, but i wanna do elevated and all that so it'll take a bit of saving up cuz I'm a poor boy. I'm gonna do tailwind/onslaught, and does it matter if i get elusive as well? I'm awful at the mechanics of this game, i just follow guides and not sure if elusive buffs my current elusive or if it's pointless stat for my build.

2. I'm using added cold only because i noticed on poe.ninja that most others were using it over added lightning. In reality though, i never considered going with lightning so I'll take a look and see what it does for me. would be nice if it boosts my dmg. Also all my gems are standard, could start going for lvl 21's and 6's instead of my 20s and 5s.

3. definitely dislike not having chaos res, but having a hard time even hitting basic res caps with HH lol. I considered swapping out my silver flask for a good atziri's for some chaos on use plus the other benefits, but i don't think it wins out over the onslaught buff (on second looks, its super close, prob worth tbh). I think now that i hit crit cap i can start looking to get more res in places.

Overall my dmg does feel really good, i melt most bosses, can nearly phase sirus. I just feel like with my investment it should be higher. wave 28-30 is a slog most of the time and I've seen other LS builds do it faster with seemingly less expensive gear. I think the idea of getting increased non-dmg ailments on the tree might be a big area I'm missing, thanks for pointing it out.

Heres my pob if that helps - i added the buffs from my lethal pride:
https://pastebin.com/yggpcR7L

Last question - Where do we get endurance charges? Im seeing other ppl on poe.ninja that have 3 endurance charges but i don't see it anywhere on the tree or items. Is it a poe.ninja thing that just shows it regardless? am i just being really dumb and overlooking it? thanks again!
Last edited by larcomstopher on Dec 3, 2021, 12:38:20 PM
"
larcomstopher wrote:
1. I have been exploring the tailwind boots as a next upgrade, but i wanna do elevated and all that so it'll take a bit of saving up cuz I'm a poor boy. I'm gonna do tailwind/onslaught, and does it matter if i get elusive as well? I'm awful at the mechanics of this game, i just follow guides and not sure if elusive buffs my current elusive or if it's pointless stat for my build.
You don't need elusive, because we get it from nightblade and withering step. Just put withering step on your left mouse click and you will have permanent elusive with very high effect.

"
larcomstopher wrote:

2. I'm using added cold only because i noticed on poe.ninja that most others were using it over added lightning. In reality though, i never considered going with lightning so I'll take a look and see what it does for me. would be nice if it boosts my dmg. Also all my gems are standard, could start going for lvl 21's and 6's instead of my 20s and 5s.
Just checked in your pob, If I switch awakened added cold to awakened added lightning, You'll get 9% more dps, and all of that without even factoring benefits from stronger shock. You can also try switch inspiration if mana sustain isn't a big problem for you. Also I see in your pob that you have 30-49k average cold damage per hit and 3-41k lightning, which might be bad for consistent trinity procs, so switching added cold to lightning can also improve that.

"
larcomstopher wrote:
3. definitely dislike not having chaos res, but having a hard time even hitting basic res caps with HH lol. I considered swapping out my silver flask for a good atziri's for some chaos on use plus the other benefits, but i don't think it wins out over the onslaught buff (on second looks, its super close, prob worth tbh). I think now that i hit crit cap i can start looking to get more res in places.
There is a cluster below Ghost Dance with chaos res. I'd sacrifice some dps for those passives.
"
larcomstopher wrote:
Last question - Where do we get endurance charges? Im seeing other ppl on poe.ninja that have 3 endurance charges but i don't see it anywhere on the tree or items. Is it a poe.ninja thing that just shows it regardless? am i just being really dumb and overlooking it? thanks again!
People are getting those from replica Farruls usually.
Last edited by DocRoberts on Dec 3, 2021, 2:23:57 PM
good stuff, thank you.

also, going through my POB i noticed that i didn't actually have 100% spell suppress. It was fake because 1 of the nodes only gave me 10% at full health. Makes sense that I felt uber squishy after switching to my cluster jewels. Pob showed me at 96% and that's how i realized it. Now that I'm above 100% for reals again, i feel ultra tanky again - haven't even really had to hit my health potion in my last 4 juiced maps.

ill swap to lightning gem and try that out, thanks!
Anybody got idea what to craft as on those?

Following Crouching Tuna build though, however I don't know much about crafting.
Was thinking about crafting item can have 3 crafted mods, some two mods and then slamming exalts to fill all mods, I just hane little idea which two crafting mods to choose.
Or maybe is there fairly solid way to proceed that would not involve big bunch of exalts spent on crafting?
Hey guys im switching over to this build but I cant figure out which POB should I be using now? The ones linked in the main post arent filled out.
"
AlexnewB wrote:
Hey guys im switching over to this build but I cant figure out which POB should I be using now? The ones linked in the main post arent filled out.

Are you using the Path of Building Community Fork? Both of the POB's listed as 3.16 are working fine, I just looked at them.
Giving the build a go here to see how I do on a non minion build! Will update as I go along.

Act 3 Gear
Crystal veins with the first lab run under my belt!
Act 4 Gear
with full Trinity!
Act 7 Gear
First time I have ever had this belt drop! the reason why i am doing another toon.
Last edited by Tallion99 on Dec 10, 2021, 1:24:56 PM
why increased crit instead of ele dmg with attacks without strike gloves? PoB is showing slightly more dps with ele dmg gem. Just got to maps trying to figure out if i should buy a 6 link with 2 blues or 2 reds. Thanks
Last edited by streetRossi on Dec 13, 2021, 10:22:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info