[3.19] DO NOT USE - Fuzzy Duckzy's Lightning Strike Raider - Great League Starter

"
Balsha wrote:
So far, my experience with this build is awesome. I went for tankiness and it is amazing being able to survive T16 maps quite easily. I have absolutely crap gear as this is my first time doing an "SSF run" (in trade league but don't trade).

The DPS is still not at the point where I can ignore most of the boss mechanics, but it is perfectly viable. With some gear, I expect this build to really perform, as it has good damage and great tankiness. And the map clear is amazing.

My PoB is: https://pastebin.com/wfshXWm0

With that, I am able to do T16 maps with ease. And the gear is absolute garbage.

That sounds better lol
Nice to see someone with the same SSF experience in trade league, have played like that for years. So much fun, some builds aren't viable but I don't mind, plenty that do work.

How did you get your 6L chest?
Last edited by ressiv on Oct 28, 2021, 6:36:29 AM
Found it on the ground, jeweler'd it to 6s, used 5link harvest craft on it, and scourged the last link :)

And yeah, SSF experience is a blast. You actually get to use currency instead of hoarding it. I do wince every time when vendoring an expensive item that I can't use.
"
So far, my experience with this build is awesome. I went for tankiness and it is amazing being able to survive T16 maps quite easily. I have absolutely crap gear as this is my first time doing an "SSF run" (in trade league but don't trade).

The DPS is still not at the point where I can ignore most of the boss mechanics, but it is perfectly viable. With some gear, I expect this build to really perform, as it has good damage and great tankiness. And the map clear is amazing.

My PoB is: https://pastebin.com/wfshXWm0

With that, I am able to do T16 maps with ease. And the gear is absolute garbage.

Thanks for sharing! I had a look at it, and I can make a few optimizations in my own tree (taking the jewel slot on top of the claw wheels is much too costly in terms of passive points compared to the one close the block wheel down south.

However, I'm having a bit of issues figuring out how to check on POB what the selected mastery on a tree is. In your case, I can't see which masteries you've picked for:
RESERVATION MASTERY: ??
CRITICAL MASTERY: ??
SPELL SUPPRESSION MASTERY: ??
ARMOR AND EVASION MASTERY: ??

I'm curious about this switch to armor/evasion hybrid. I'm wondering if the best choice is really to pick "Graceful Assault" route over "Courage" on the same wheel, insofar as we get Onslaught pretty easily through the betrayal craft?

THanks!
RESERVATION MASTERY: 15% increased mana efficiency
CRITICAL MASTERY: +3 level of critical gems (not really sure about this one, planning on trying out that 50% increased effect of non-damaging ailments)
SPELL SUPPRESSION MASTERY: Critical strike increased by % to suppress spell damage
ARMOR AND EVASION MASTERY: 5% of evasion as extra armor.

As for Graceful Assault/Courage, it is a matter of what your build needs at the time. I had no way of getting onslaught, so I picked one. In any case, GA gives at least some DPS increase, whereas Courage is purely defensive (and, most importantly, it is one point less costly).
Anyone have any thoughts about using tornado? I'm trying to decide to go self cast or cwdt. I don't think cwdt would reduce the reflected damage, right? Should be a considerable single target dps increase, particularly with increased duration?
Can someone explain why additional strike on gloves is so important? I mean this build is lacking single target damage but not during regular mapping.

I'm trying out this build SSF on regular trade league, more fun with SSF.

Found this in heist and it pretty much doubled my dps. Thats atleast what ingame is saying. Still looking for shaper ring though, only found a bunch of elder rings so far.

I also find it hard to craft claws, what claw stats are most important except attack speed and crit chance?

Last edited by epicslaphappy on Oct 28, 2021, 9:47:46 AM
"
Balsha wrote:

CRITICAL MASTERY: +3 level of critical gems (not really sure about this one, planning on trying out that 50% increased effect of non-damaging ailments)

Yeah, this is a strange one, actually - because it "looks" good, but I think it's a noob trap.

If we look at Nightblade, which got the new "critical tag" this league, a level 23 gem gives you 3% increased elusive effect, 3% crit multi and 0,1% critical strike chance. The same with Increased Critical Strike and Increased Critical Damage - the benefits you get from +3 are abyssal.

I think the +3 mastery is ONLY worth taking, if you're using an actual skill (spell) that is tagged as "critical", like Bladefall or Blade Vortex.

"
epicslaphappy wrote:
I also find it hard to craft claws, what claw stats are most important except attack speed and crit chance?

Depends on the build. In this build, I would say elemental DPS balanced around proc'ing Trinity. In other builds that are stacking abyss jewels for added elemental damage, the penetration on claws becomes more important.

But yes, attack speed, crit chance, elemental DPS and crit multi (in that order), I would think.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Oct 28, 2021, 9:57:36 AM
"
ARMOR AND EVASION MASTERY: 5% of evasion as extra armor.

Does this scale with flasks??
"
Fetababs wrote:
"
Anyone doing juiced T16's and A8 bosses with this build yet?
Curious to see setups that can do it "easily".

I'm doing tier 16 maps (alched and chiselled). The damage is there to clear the map, but I still feel squishy, which is bad when fighting the boss where I'm up close and usually get one shotted (pretty regularly tbh, currently I'm dying 2-3 times per map.....).

I tried A8 yesterday and made it to third phase, but used up all my portals. The damage was horrible on Sirus, I found, and in large part it feels like the builds depends so heavily on the vaal skills for bossing, which makes it (at least in my current build) really poor at bossing where there are no extra mobs.

I have a pretty sick claw IMO (prob around 5 ex), and I had hoped that at this point the build would be able to clear A8, but the damage just wasn't there. If bossing doesn't improve, I'm kind of considering levelling a new char (even though I really don't want to...)

TLDR: It clears well, bosses poorly IMO.
If you have any tips, I'm very happy to receive feedback on how to fix bossing damage, here is my POB: https://pastebin.com/aXLYkbwZ

Final question: the official pob has "added lightning" and "elemental damage with attacks" whereas the one listed on the forum guide here lists "inspiration" and "Increased Critical Support". Which one do you recommend?

Basically this, Clear speed is great. Boss damage very dependant on vaal lightning strike.

Dont get me wrong tough! It is a really fun ability to play with.
Just too many buttons to press to do actuall boss dmg, working towards those DPS bursts is just too much of a hassle.
FYI I fairly easly made it to lvl 90, T14-16 maps, A8 and complete atlas completion with fairly budget gear (4-5~ex invested)

Im going to farm some more currency and then either swap to TR or reroll my next char :)
Last edited by Blikjesman on Oct 28, 2021, 2:47:57 PM
Strike skill is actually the most important thing you could have for bossing as it DOUBLES your damage. So how is this performed? At a proper distance, you will actually be able to hit the boss with your strike and the +1. You will see 2 beams coming down from the sky at proper distance.

About claw stats - elemental pen is EXTREMELY important, Far more than crit multi. Because we stack so much element from different sources (anger, claw dmg, tree nodes, jewels, jewelery etc) pen is very high damage. Our build already has an immense amount of crit multi, making it the 6th most important stat on a claw.
Last edited by Slottm on Oct 28, 2021, 11:42:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info