[3.19] DO NOT USE - Fuzzy Duckzy's Lightning Strike Raider - Great League Starter

"
EjinChewy wrote:
when can i switch to LS?
https://pastebin.com/2U3wAAte
Hello?

The levelling guide literally tells you when to switch to Lightning Strike.

"
When you get to maps stick with Helix until you get a 5 link. Start Levelling up some lightning strikes in off hand and Vaal these every time you find a Vaal Orb.

When you have a Vaal Lightning Strike and a 5 link run:

Lightning Strike - Ancestral Call - Added Cold - Trinity - Inspiration/Nightblade Support

This 5 link is pretty flexible so can work with most base types. The key gems are: Lightning Strike - Ancestral Call - Added Cold - Trinity
how do i upgrade from this?
https://pastebin.com/Y1JRpZmw
i have around 100Chaos
Made it to 90...still working on ramping up the damage, but the potential is certainly there.

I opted to go a more defensive route down at the bottom with Determination reservation and Frenzy charges. Near Point Blank, there's an Armor and Evasion cluster where you can get 5% of evasion as extra armor. Right next to that is a Blind cluster where you can get 135% crit strike chance (75% + 60% for the mastery). Really seems to help make blind into a surprisingly offensive option while still providing some decent defense if one has stacked evasion.

I'm probably not going to min/max this character for the highest echelon of content, but for general purposes, it is already exceeding my expectations as a league starter.
Last edited by Omega333 on Oct 27, 2021, 9:21:26 PM
Taking Rampart and the fortification mastery and annointing steadfast (which lets us activate the 40% inc damage on rampart and gives another 4% damage reduction) gives ok dps, and 21% less damage taken from hits. Does cost 6 points though.

I really want another 20 points :(
Anyone doing juiced T16's and A8 bosses with this build yet?
Curious to see setups that can do it "easily".
"

I'm doing tier 16 maps (alched and chiselled). The damage is there to clear the map, but I still feel squishy, which is bad when fighting the boss where I'm up close and usually get one shotted (pretty regularly tbh, currently I'm dying 2-3 times per map.....).

I tried A8 yesterday and made it to third phase, but used up all my portals. The damage was horrible on Sirus, I found, and in large part it feels like the builds depends so heavily on the vaal skills for bossing, which makes it (at least in my current build) really poor at bossing where there are no extra mobs.

I have a pretty sick claw IMO (prob around 5 ex), and I had hoped that at this point the build would be able to clear A8, but the damage just wasn't there. If bossing doesn't improve, I'm kind of considering levelling a new char (even though I really don't want to...)

TLDR: It clears well, bosses poorly IMO.
If you have any tips, I'm very happy to receive feedback on how to fix bossing damage, here is my POB: https://pastebin.com/aXLYkbwZ

Final question: the official pob has "added lightning" and "elemental damage with attacks" whereas the one listed on the forum guide here lists "inspiration" and "Increased Critical Support". Which one do you recommend?
Last edited by Fetababs on Oct 28, 2021, 4:29:19 AM
"
Fetababs wrote:
"

I'm doing tier 16 maps (alched and chiselled). The damage is there to clear the map, but I still feel squishy, which is bad when fighting the boss where I'm up close and usually get one shotted (pretty regularly tbh, currently I'm dying 2-3 times per map.....).

I tried A8 yesterday and made it to third phase, but used up all my portals. The damage was horrible on Sirus, I found, and in large part it feels like the builds depends so heavily on the vaal skills for bossing, which makes it (at least in my current build) really poor at bossing where there are no extra mobs.

I have a pretty sick claw IMO (prob around 5 ex), and I had hoped that at this point the build would be able to clear A8, but the damage just wasn't there. If bossing doesn't improve, I'm kind of considering levelling a new char (even though I really don't want to...)

If you have any tips, I'm very happy to receive feedback on how to fix bossing damage, here is my POB: https://pastebin.com/aXLYkbwZ

Final question: the official pob has "added lightning" and "elemental damage with attacks" whereas the one listed on the forum guide here lists "inspiration" and "Increased Critical Support". Which one do you recommend?

That doesn't sound very promising, your gear is already pretty sweet indeed.
I just started mapping but already feel such a big difference between clearing white/blues and killing a boss. Not really seeing how this build can be made into a decent boss killer without a second attack skill.
So far, my experience with this build is awesome. I went for tankiness and it is amazing being able to survive T16 maps quite easily. I have absolutely crap gear as this is my first time doing an "SSF run" (in trade league but don't trade).

The DPS is still not at the point where I can ignore most of the boss mechanics, but it is perfectly viable. With some gear, I expect this build to really perform, as it has good damage and great tankiness. And the map clear is amazing.

My PoB is: https://pastebin.com/wfshXWm0

With that, I am able to do T16 maps with ease. And the gear is absolute garbage.
I'm starting to loosing my mind. Where tf is the Node which converst some of your Evasion into Armour? I just can't find it on the tree.
"
I'm starting to loosing my mind. Where tf is the Node which converst some of your Evasion into Armour? I just can't find it on the tree.

There's actually 2 Masteries. One of them is left of the Cloth and Chain notable under the Duelist starting area. The other one is more to the right at the same level. You can actually search in the tree on e.g. "as extra armour"

"
Fetababs wrote:

Well, you don't have 21/20 yet or maxed awakened gems yet so there is still a lot of room to increase DPS there.

I'm progressing slowly (fulltime job, family) so just doing yellow maps at the moment with the Claw I bought for 5c so my DPS can be a whole lot better. I do agree though that boss DPS is where this build struggles a bit but we've seen the Youtube clips where bosses die rather quickly so it will be a matter of getting maxed gems and better gear.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Last edited by JohnnyV76 on Oct 28, 2021, 6:17:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info