Communication and the Sacred Orb

"
Nicosi wrote:
And wtf even is your initial point, every single % of extra armor/es/evasion you are getting from this is free extra defense you never had before, so without even interacting with sacred orbs you are tankier than before, you wont need to make your gear perfect to be tankier as you literally fucking are tankier now.

jesus these threads comment sections are a dumpster fire

Except for the small issue that they also removed craftable QL, meaning this basically only barely compensate for the loss of ES from the QL we could have crafted in, assuming you have a perfectly rolled extra ES piece. (Due to massive armour/evasion changes, prior values can't be used to compare: armour effectively is massively buffed, es sorta is except they lost dodge mechanics (the new spell mitigation isn't really comparable)
"
Nicosi wrote:
wanting the game to be easier

You don't make game harder by adding more rng layers to it. You make it obnoxious. Challenging content should require skill in playing the game (and I'm being very specific here...), not testing your resolve to not fall asleep as you're bruteforcing through RNG with sheer amount of attempts. In this vein, the league "challenges" should be renamed to "chores".

Besides that go outside and touch grass, people here are funding your fun. It is because of our resources that PoE keeps getting developed.
Last edited by Marrond on Oct 13, 2021, 11:15:44 AM
Alright. Another forever empty space in my currency tab.
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
This is stupid. You're adding an unnecessary layer of complexity, especially to a stat that's been a free part of the game.

It would be okay if the drop rate was around a chaos, but rarer than an Exalt? Yeah no thanks.

Don't you guys have test groups that give feedback on new content? Maybe it would be better if you expand that number.
Last edited by Seyi_ogunde on Oct 13, 2021, 11:20:08 AM
Expedition was my second season into the game, I just learned the basics, and now you post walls of texts with changes. GREAT!
I had an objective to defeat maven in 3.16 for the fist time, guess its moving to 3.17 xD.
"
Seyi_ogunde wrote:
Don't you guys have test groups that give feedback on new content? Maybe it would be better if you expand that number.

They do have test groups, and those are provideing feedback (but it largely gets ignored bec the feedback is posted on reddit and here, and its quality is sometimes questionable)...

As for inceraseing their numbers...that is technically impossible within the current situation, since they lost like (more-or-less) 30% of their test group in Expedition league alone...?
"
Nicosi wrote:

And wtf even is your initial point, every single % of extra armor/es/evasion you are getting from this is free extra defense you never had before, so without even interacting with sacred orbs you are tankier than before, you wont need to make your gear perfect to be tankier as you literally fucking are tankier now.

jesus these threads comment sections are a dumpster fire

This is an extremely shortsighted view of the situation. What is BEFORE? a day before? a week before? a league before? A year before?

No one will give a damn about being tanking then 3.15 in 3.17, because new norm is items crafted on 20% quality. Pretty sure no one will care about it a week into the league. This system introduced constant negative feeling when you base is not 18+. This is not my imagination, this has been done and that is exactly how it worked out, look at titanforge in WoW.
"
Marrond wrote:

You don't make game harder by adding more rng layers to it. You make it obnoxious. Challenging content should require skill in playing the game (and I'm being very specific here...), not testing your resolve to not fall asleep as you're bruteforcing through RNG with sheer amount of attempts. In this vein, the league "challenges" should be renamed to "chores".

Amen!
Well said!
just play to see if you like it 4Head
Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition, is followed by madness.
It might really be time to just quit. You've completely lost it.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info