Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 2 - Core Character Defences and Recovery

The reason that Dodge and Spell Dodge were necessity is because at high levels you are instagibbed if touched.

The outright removal of this, with very lackluster offsets means that I made the right decision on putting this game aside for the long term.

pls dodge :( i want to live as bow character pls
gimme money bitch
"
kramuti wrote:
The reason that Dodge and Spell Dodge were necessity is because at high levels you are instagibbed if touched.

The outright removal of this, with very lackluster offsets means that I made the right decision on putting this game aside for the long term.

Then, as the most obvious question, why are you HERE still?
Faster recharge craft on rings is gone 😢
"
sSs1897 wrote:
"
dovaY wrote:
JUST delete the gladiator already , first nerfing bleed to the ground , now deleting what it was good for which is blocking by cutting the blocking to 50% and introduce "LuCky" blocking , like really tell me now why anyone wants to play glad after this good bye my fav class. rest in peace poe.

if it is lucky block then it makes 50% block 75%, so not really nerfed a lot? I do not understand what you are whining LUL

Perhaps you should try rereading the actual changes. The new ascendancy notable that would replace Versatile Combatant would only provide lucky on attack block, it would do nothing for spell block, and to get back the lost spell block for gladiator would require spending regular passive points to path to the new VC keystone.

For those who are still leveling and gearing and therefore haven't even or maybe barely have hit that 50% attack block cap, the keystone also provides little or no spell block at all, whereas the current ascendancy notable immediately provides full spell block scaling off of attack block.

It's also worse for those who currently scale max block, because the new keystone also doesn't scale max spell block with sources of max attack block, unlike the current gladiator ascendancy notable.

To put some actual numbers on it, the change to what would currently be a block-capped gladiator is that you take 300% more spell damage, and need to spend additional regular passives you wouldn't have to spend today just to bring that down to only 100% more spell damage instead.

This is not a buff. It is not a zero sum change. It is a nerf. To what is currently the central selling point of the gladiator ascendancy. Right now, if you want damage, you almost certainly pick something else, but if you want to maybe not die constantly, you pick gladiator. With this change, the only thing gladiator has left is something you could also just get as a mod on body armour, and the armour mod is even easier to trigger too, so unless you just can't afford the body armour, there's no reason to pick gladiator anymore.
Fairgraves was a slave trafficker specialized in the kidnapping and transport of children. He was not "a good man".
"
kramuti wrote:

Its ok,but nobody cares..🤷
Last edited by MightyG_ on Oct 7, 2021, 1:07:28 AM
poe finaly done guys now u have to spend 40 passives to get defence and u will be even more zdps than ever before hilarious
Exiting changes indeed. But clearly focused on positive or neutral effects for good comunity response.

"Adjusted monster base Evasion and Minion Accuracy to compensate for changes to the evasion formula."

What else is written between the lines? Guess only full patch notes and gameplay will tell.

Still exited though, will be back for this one :D
"
"
madriz wrote:
Looks like you're killing Gladiator's identity. Can't wait to see the full patch notes and see how really bad these changes will be.

So many salty posts about the Gladiator changes "block is ruined for gladiator" "RIP Gladiator block" etc etc.

I don't get it, they said that they were experimenting with putting "block chance is lucky" on the ascendancy passive for the gladiator. If it works the same as the keystone in the tree other than that it has "block chance is lucky" that's functionally almost the same as having 75% spell and attack block. I don't see how that would be a RIP for gladiator block?

Max spell block scaling off max attack block is gone, the new keystone is objectively worse numerically for spell block at anything less than 75% attack block, and that new "lucky" modifier applies only to attack block, so it's still 100% more spell damage taken compared to the current gladiator, and that's if you spend the extra passives to pick up the new keystone.
Fairgraves was a slave trafficker specialized in the kidnapping and transport of children. He was not "a good man".
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
mirror service

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2833366
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Last edited by nrgleon45 on Oct 7, 2021, 1:47:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info