👻3.20👻 Kay's Summoner💥SRS Bomber💀Poison SRS💀Melee SRS🕷️Spiders💀Skeleton Mages

"
memberx wrote:
"
Hakairo wrote:
"
memberx wrote:
Hi guys,

New with necro here. Please explain what gems should i have in the wand.

Flesh (bone) offering is obvious. But why are everybody using Tempest shield - Desecrate - Offering?

I have Tempest shield on boots and it takes 25% mana. I don't understand how would Tempest shield work in trigger wand? If i have Tempest shield reserved my block goes up. Will it do the same if its in trigger wand and will not reserve 25% of mana?

Ty

idk where exactly you got your info about tempest shield in wand get from, but its likely outdated.

Tempest shield was a time limited buff until 3.16. This made it perfectly work in such a wand. But since 3.16 it is an aura and working completely different. I am currently using arcane surge.

I see most of top 30 on POE ninja, using tempest shield in wand...

Thank you!

The answer is simple, because the wand DOES NOT trigger Tempest Shield.

First of all, due to the auto-trigger craft nerf, you don't want any of your active skills other than desecrate and offering to be auto-triggered this way, so the best option for the 3rd socket is a reserve skill.

Also, you want your auras to be linked with "Generosity Support", so you don't put them on your wand.

Eventually, Skitterbot and Tempest Shield are the two best gems to put in the 3rd slot on your wand. Some player use a reservation efficiency shield, so they put Skitterbot, which has 35% reservation, on their shield, and then Tempest Shield is the only choice to put in the wand socket.

(p.s. If you run Determination, it is also a good option, but it's harder to get a red socket on convoking wand.)
Last edited by takeitez on Nov 8, 2021, 12:31:21 AM

Changed some of the skelly mage gear for mapping, but still using the double curse set up for Sirus/maven/invitations

Last edited by RiceOrRiot on Nov 8, 2021, 5:00:56 AM
A few questions - I'm pretty new and I see there's a big difference between the gems used in the leveling guides (downloadable ones) and the items suggested in the "Minion Army" section.

For example:

desecrate/bone offering on the wand - in the video it's mentioned to switch to desecrate wand to get spectres only. But I do get the bone offering uses desecrate, there's always corpses around anyway.

dropping vitality aura and replacing it with dread banner - am i doing this too soon? or if I don't die it's fine?

what happened to holy relic+phantasms? just taken off the build after the acts?

summon skeletons or vaal summon skeletons? I found both, but I don't see why/if I should use one over the other.

I realize these questions may be dumb, sorry.

bonus: because every item I try to trade for is at least 1 chaos, I focused on getting capped resistances (and a little chaos res) and life, is that viable for now or should I prioritize minion damage at the expense of resists?

Thanks.
"
Klilstrum wrote:
A few questions - I'm pretty new and I see there's a big difference between the gems used in the leveling guides (downloadable ones) and the items suggested in the "Minion Army" section.

For example:

desecrate/bone offering on the wand - in the video it's mentioned to switch to desecrate wand to get spectres only. But I do get the bone offering uses desecrate, there's always corpses around anyway.

dropping vitality aura and replacing it with dread banner - am i doing this too soon? or if I don't die it's fine?

summon skeletons or vaal summon skeletons? I found both, but I don't see why/if I should use one over the other.

bonus: because every item I try to trade for is at least 1 chaos, I focused on getting capped resistances (and a little chaos res) and life, is that viable for now or should I prioritize minion damage at the expense of resists?

Thanks.

U want desecrate to autocast as well for e.g. bosses or any case where are maybe not corpses (yet)

Vitality is only life regen. This should not really help you stay alive that much in endgame. Its more or less QoL for leveling and to shrug off small damage. It also helps your minions to stay alive whileleving. It is not really helpful in endgame since there are more valuable gems you could take instead, which either boost your damage or straight up reduce the damage you take.
If you can handle dots like poison or burning with e.g. flasks and have a decent life flask, you can high likely switch out vitality.

The whole phantasm setup is only for leveling and not really used in endgame for several reasons. mainly because there are better options. Also it is kind of used for leveling since you can access these gems early.

Vaal Summon Skeletons is the way to go. I assume you are not yet that familiar with vaal skills.
This gem basically gives you 2 skills: the normal summon skeletons skill. This is is just the normal one you get from the non-vaal gem. Nothing different here.
But it also give the Vaal Summon Skeleton skill. Every vaal skill has a special of ressource they gather for e.g. killing mobs. Once this is full, you can use the skill. This will empty this ressource and block it from gaining it for a few seconds.
In case of the Vaal Summon Skeletons This summons a whole minion army, which is why Kay named the build this way. This can summon over 40 different skeletons for a short while.
So this is what you use for bosses for example to just run over the boss with a whole army. Or for blight encounters, etc.
More details on how it works and what exactly gets summoned can be found here:

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Vaal_skill
https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Vaal_Summon_Skeletons

Also to get a skill gem to level 21 and/or +23 quality (quality is not that important here), you have to corrupt it with a vaal orb, which most of the time turns it into its vaal variant anyway.

And yes, resistance cap, life and every other type of defense like armor or block on gear is more valuable than minion atk speed and minion damage. Your goal is to have enough survivability so you can focus offense once you got this. Not having capped resistance is, for the most part, like being dead for sure.
The only thing which could be seen as more important than life is +level to gems. E.g. +1 to Level of all Minion Skill Gems

Be aware that kays builds are more or less glass cannon builds which requires you to either accept a few deaths or you are able to dodge and know most mechanics. Especially this league, which is much more deadly. Thats one reason why I switched around some stuff to be more tanky.
"
Hakairo wrote:
"
Klilstrum wrote:

For example:

Thanks.

U want desecrate to autocast as well for e.g. bosses or any case where are maybe not corpses (yet)

Vitality is only life regen. This should not really help you stay alive that much in endgame. Its more or less QoL for leveling and to shrug off small damage. It also helps your minions to stay alive whileleving. It is not really helpful in endgame since there are more valuable gems you could take instead, which either boost your damage or straight up reduce the damage you take.
If you can handle dots like poison or burning with e.g. flasks and have a decent life flask, you can high likely switch out vitality.

The whole phantasm setup is only for leveling and not really used in endgame for several reasons. mainly because there are better options. Also it is kind of used for leveling since you can access these gems early.

Vaal Summon Skeletons is the way to go. I assume you are not yet that familiar with vaal skills.
This gem basically gives you 2 skills: the normal summon skeletons skill. This is is just the normal one you get from the non-vaal gem. Nothing different here.
But it also give the Vaal Summon Skeleton skill. Every vaal skill has a special of ressource they gather for e.g. killing mobs. Once this is full, you can use the skill. This will empty this ressource and block it from gaining it for a few seconds.
In case of the Vaal Summon Skeletons This summons a whole minion army, which is why Kay named the build this way. This can summon over 40 different skeletons for a short while.
So this is what you use for bosses for example to just run over the boss with a whole army. Or for blight encounters, etc.
More details on how it works and what exactly gets summoned can be found here:

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Vaal_skill
https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Vaal_Summon_Skeletons

Also to get a skill gem to level 21 and/or +23 quality (quality is not that important here), you have to corrupt it with a vaal orb, which most of the time turns it into its vaal variant anyway.

And yes, resistance cap, life and every other type of defense like armor or block on gear is more valuable than minion atk speed and minion damage. Your goal is to have enough survivability so you can focus offense once you got this. Not having capped resistance is, for the most part, like being dead for sure.
The only thing which could be seen as more important than life is +level to gems. E.g. +1 to Level of all Minion Skill Gems

Be aware that kays builds are more or less glass cannon builds which requires you to either accept a few deaths or you are able to dodge and know most mechanics. Especially this league, which is much more deadly. Thats one reason why I switched around some stuff to be more tanky.

Thank you!

A couple of clarifications if you don't mind:

1. How do I go about autocasting Desecrate? Right now (according to the guide) I have Arcanist Brand + Vulnerability and the gem slots fit that. Do I find a gem slot config to throw Desecrate in there too or some other way?

2. Since I have Vaal Skeletons from my other character (dropped), can I immediately switch to it on my Necro and upgrade the Vaal Skeletons gem later? I ask because you said "I have to get it to level 21+ and then corrupt it with a Vaal Orb".

3. What changes did you make to make the build more defensive? I did notice there's just some HP passives at best, but so far no issues after upgrading my resistances. I don't mind dodging and weaving, but curious.
"
Klilstrum wrote:

Thank you!

A couple of clarifications if you don't mind:

1. How do I go about autocasting Desecrate? Right now (according to the guide) I have Arcanist Brand + Vulnerability and the gem slots fit that. Do I find a gem slot config to throw Desecrate in there too or some other way?

2. Since I have Vaal Skeletons from my other character (dropped), can I immediately switch to it on my Necro and upgrade the Vaal Skeletons gem later? I ask because you said "I have to get it to level 21+ and then corrupt it with a Vaal Orb".

3. What changes did you make to make the build more defensive? I did notice there's just some HP passives at best, but so far no issues after upgrading my resistances. I don't mind dodging and weaving, but curious.

I see, I was not quite clear with a few things since english is not my native english lol :D

1. You want a wand with "Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Use a Skill, with a 8 second Cooldown and 150% more Cost" and put desecrate, your offering of choice and arcange surge in it.
e.g.:

This basically allows you to permanently have your offering active.

2. I was unclear with this. the end goal, best in best is level 21 Vaal Summon Skeleton with 23% Quality. How you reach this and what steps in between you take is always up to you.
So for example, what I did was to start with a level 20 one, without quality. I bougth this at low level and leveled this myself. More or less by accident I made a level 20 with 20% quality myself and used that for a while. After I was able to, I purchased a level 21 gem. As said, the quality does not make a huge difference, so I will only buy level 21, 20+% quality if I made several other upgrades. In the meantime I try to make it myself, maybe I am lucky.
So for you, just taking what you have is totally fine for the beginning. It totally depends on you how want to progress this. Maybe you are able to make a level 21 yourself with luck or you buy it. This goes for basically everything in the game, but lets be real, buying ist more easy most of the time.

3. A lot and most of it at high level and with some investment. I switched out skitterbots for Determination for physical def, took more block nodes in the tree with a recover 5% on block shield. Change the Anointment to double my chaos res, which brings me to cap. Almost all of the things I changed required quite some investment since otherwise I would have lost way too much DPS. I am currently level 95 with a few exalts in. Also in the end this is somehwat subjective. But all in all increasing my phys. def with determination gave me a huge increase in survivability which I instantly noticed. Increasing Block was also a nice boost and everything else are minor changes. I did this after I noticed that HP really is worthless in this league if you cannot decrease damage received in any way.
Last edited by Hakairo on Nov 8, 2021, 8:59:15 AM
Hello Kay
Thank you for your build. I am following your Phys/Impale Sentinels & Spiders Necromancer and I fall in love with it! You have a very great talent to make guide with super comprehensive VDO!

Here I need your kind suggestion. I am having issue as I die a lot when I fight boss map T15+ because some damage i really cannot dodge and got hit for example Boss in Vall Pyramid map that spam lots of large AOE.

With this could you please guide me on what should I do to make this build have a bit more of survivability. Below is my POB. Looking forward to get your suggestion!

my POB:
https://pastebin.com/NTkgta1n
"
Hakairo wrote:
"
Klilstrum wrote:

. . .

Thanks a lot, you've been very helpful. That wand is my next stop, I think I can afford one right away, after that I'm gonna get grinding since I'm only level 66, then we'll see. I'll try to play around with your modifications to the build after.
Dear Kay ,
Please help me reply my question ! Why we must use amulet + 1 all intellgent gem skill ? because i see all gem we use dont have this style gem :(
I'm following the Phys Carrion Golem guide and am having trouble figuring out where you are getting endurance charges.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info