[3.20] 💥 Velyna's Explosive Concoction 💥 Leaguestart | Smooth Clear and Bossing | Deathless Feared

Call me stupid or blind but where do you get that amount of increased AOE from?
I see 13% on your shield and that's it?
"
Vacoh wrote:

13 shield

24 the gem itself, because of ashes

5 corrupted unnatural instinct

10 helmet craft

I'll drop the shield for a hunter shield soon, and try to find an aoe enchant for helm by doing lab to hit 63 aoe, which would be 64 with 21/23 EC (no one has it atm, so I cant buy) and 64 is the breakpoint for 23 radius. for the overlap purposes in case of 5 projectiles though, 26 is enough
Last edited by auspexa on Sep 24, 2022, 4:54:15 AM
"
auspexa wrote:
"
Vacoh wrote:

13 shield

10 helmet craft

I'll drop the shield for a hunter shield soon, and try to find an aoe enchant for helm by doing lab to hit 63 aoe, which would be 64 with 21/23 EC (no one has it atm, so I cant buy) and 64 is the breakpoint for 23 radius. for the overlap purposes in case of 5 projectiles though, 26 is enough

That means the character preview on this site doesn't refresh that often. When I wrote the comment before there was no AOE craft on the helmet. Weird.
Maybe I was too tired.
Last edited by Vacoh on Sep 24, 2022, 5:07:44 AM
"
Vacoh wrote:
"
auspexa wrote:
"
Vacoh wrote:

13 shield

10 helmet craft

That means the character preview on this site doesn't refresh that often. When I wrote the comment before there was no AOE craft on the helmet. Weird.

I crafted that like 2 days ago. must be some kind of bug
"
auspexa wrote:

I crafted that like 2 days ago. must be some kind of bug

Weird. :D Damn that lab annoys me. I just can't get the increased AOE on my helmet. The closest thing I got so far was 40% increased Poisonous Concoction damage.

Edit: Why is a Skin of the Lords with 3R 2G 1B and Elemental Overload so expensive all of a sudden? I bought mine for maybe 1 divine a few weeks ago.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Kalandra/yY7b9EGHR

Edit2: So for anyone wondering how many tries it can take to get the AOE enchant on your helmet: 38ish... I didn't want to count further after I hit 35. Just made me sad.
On another note: With 24% on the helmet, 10% from the gem and 4% from a Conquerorsthingy I'm now sitting on a comfy 38% increased AOE which is enough for the 2nd breakpoint! :D
Last edited by Vacoh on Sep 25, 2022, 5:43:09 AM
"
Edit2: So for anyone wondering how many tries it can take to get the AOE enchant on your helmet: 38ish... I didn't want to count further after I hit 35. Just made me sad.
On another note: With 24% on the helmet, 10% from the gem and 4% from a Conquerorsthingy I'm now sitting on a comfy 38% increased AOE which is enough for the 2nd breakpoint! :D

Man i'm at 42 try for the enchant still no luck, i had to sacrifice two points into 12% tree and auspexa was right the change is notable, i feel so newbie lol. Another thing that i checked is that auspexa is running purity of elements, that helps a lot to free some space for a bit more powerful rings, but damn i feel awful on that reservation and i suspect that's why he took 100% defiance banner reservation cause even with enlighten 4 i can't put that on my setup...
Last edited by ZaszJäger on Sep 25, 2022, 9:34:54 PM
it's enough to have 26% aoe for overlaps, beyond that is just quality of life for mapping and clear speed

Tbh aoe enchant isn't really worth it because there are other enchants, ashes and helmet craft with one jewel implicit take care of the whole situation as the combination will get you to about 38% aoe depending on the quality roll on ashes. If you don't wanna run ashes, or can't afford it, or already have a good +2 ammy, it's definitely fine though. In addition, sniper's mark curse effect enchant is about 9% more damage for the build, don't skip it if you find one. just get aoe crafts or implicits on helmet, amulet, gloves, corrupted jewels etc., 9% more damage is more valuable than those prefixes

now that you said is zasz, I can actually refund the defiance banner mastery, I've just realized that it doesn't do much for me right now, because 8 unreserved mana is enough for everything. My withering step costs 0 mana, EC costs 0 mana, cwdt+ms costs 8 mana so it's definitely enough. As zasz said, purity of elements was a huge saviour for me, I can't even cap my resists without it and ailment immunity saves my ass big time.

I've bought an ele weakness ring and trying to fit it into the build, but for that I have to change my anoint or equip a CI impossible escape (bought it and tried that, simply impossible or too inefficient for me), so the only way to get some dps with an additional curse seems to be changing the anoint to whispers of doom. And that's only possible if we get more reservation efficiency somewhere since we have to drop sovereignty. I've tried my best to not run a reservation cluster jewel, because that fucks the whole build up as I don't wanna drop ANY of my jewels since each one of them is very important for the build, including the rare one that gives me big dps, life and resists. Sadly there's no way to get another jewel socket without spending at least 5 points or buying a 1 passive voices. so what I'll do to take care of the reservation issue is that I'll get a skitterbots reservation efficiency enchant on the helmet (determination enchant has less value because it's already linked to enlighten), get helmet implicit to perfect rank (12%) with orb of conflicts and I have enough mana to use all my auras with double curse setup. If I somehow get an unnatural instinct with reservation efficiency or enlighten 5, that'll also allow me to drop defiance banner mastery for something like gain 5% of evasion as extra armour on that wheel, or the stun immunity mastery on evasion wheel.

If you're having reservation issues, my suggestion would be to use reservation efficiency small cluster jewel with uncompromising notable on it, I just can't fit it into my build because there's like no way I can drop any of my jewels without losing shit ton of stuff

I'm close to finishing the min-maxing of the build, but I still need an ashes with higher quality (need exactly 29% to achieve 100% quality divergent withering step), awakened enhance 5 (this will support withering step and phantasmal lightning warp), elder/hunter shield, helmet skitterbots enchant, belt wither enchant, perfect eater implicit on helmet, and the last skill point from level 100. after that, there'll still be some upgrades such as empower 5, hunter belt with all T1 rolls etc. but I don't think I'll play the league for that long.

A note about the lightning warp thing. I'll replace shield charge with lightning warp because when I replace one of my unset rings with a curse ring (I couldn't find an unset ring with ele weakness), I'll have to drop shield charge from the build because it's not good without faster attacks. Since I have to use withering step for the belt enchant, I can't use any blink skill like frostblink or flame dash. Lightning warp serves the same purpose, but doesn't have a blink tag attached to it and therefore does not share cooldown with withering step. Since I'll be using ashes and enhance 5 with the +2 support shield craft, phantasmal lightning warp's duration modifier will not be an issue and it'll be almost instant.

If you're not planning on using wither belt enchant, you don't need to worry about any of this, but -6% all res is a pretty big debuff for our damage

After everything is done, I'm planning to write an in-depth guide where I'll explain every single mechanic of the build, including showcase vids. For anyone reading this, I still don't recommend this build, you can make something much stronger with the items I have right now because EC isn't a very strong skill. my jewels alone cost like 100 div

and another side note, don't buy watcher's eye with precision attack speed mod. my attack speed became way too high that I just run out of flasks almost instantly against bosses because of phantasmal ancestral protector. precision attack damage watcher's eye is better. bigger hits with less attack speed is much better for the build in general
Last edited by auspexa on Sep 25, 2022, 11:22:24 PM

"
auspexa wrote:
it's enough to have 26% aoe for overlaps, beyond that is just quality of life for mapping and clear speed

I still don't get the overlap breakpoints anyways. What do they even say? I get the first ones: First breakpoint means if you hit an enemy with the center grenade, the two adjacent to it will also hit. So second breakpoint is center plus the two adjacent ones. And third breakpoint would be all of the ones you get while only using GMP or GV. But what's with all the breakpoints afterwards? Hitting an enemy with the grenade one to the left of the center will still hit it with all of the right grenades and so on?

"
auspexa wrote:
Tbh aoe enchant isn't really worth it because there are other enchants, ashes and helmet craft with one jewel implicit take care of the whole situation as the combination will get you to about 38% aoe depending on the quality roll on ashes. If you don't wanna run ashes, or can't afford it, or already have a good +2 ammy, it's definitely fine though.

The last part is exactly where I am so that's why I went for it. Even more so because I couldn't even buy a helmet. Not because I couldn't afford it (I probably couldn't!) but because there just was noone selling a helmet with the stats we need. And I don't know how to even craft stuff on helmets without spending dozens of Exalted Orbs and stuff.

"
auspexa wrote:
In addition, sniper's mark curse effect enchant is about 9% more damage for the build, don't skip it if you find one. just get aoe crafts or implicits on helmet, amulet, gloves, corrupted jewels etc., 9% more damage is more valuable than those prefixes

That's a problem with this build I think. I never had a build before which had so many weird requirements. What I want to say is: If I were to change just one item from my build (except the amulet because as far as I remember it doesn't have any resists), I'd have to buy everything else again, too.
Also....

"
auspexa wrote:
My withering step costs 0 mana, EC costs 0 mana, cwdt+ms costs 8 mana so it's definitely enough.

... that is a big thing. I know I should get those crafts but I just can't do that except if I buy everything new like I said. This ring won't have that stat, this belt won't have this, etc. etc. etc....

"
auspexa wrote:
As zasz said, purity of elements was a huge saviour for me, I can't even cap my resists without it and ailment immunity saves my ass big time.

... which won't get me this. Because oh boy you said it. Getting resists is soooo annoying with this build. I'd probably have 2-3 more Divines if I didn't buy so many rings to just cap them with what I said before. (buying one new item means to change all other items, too). Maybe I should get Sovereignty instead of Tenacity, too. Don't know.

"
auspexa wrote:
I've bought an ele weakness ring and trying to fit it into the build, but for that I have to change my anoint or equip a CI impossible escape (bought it and tried that, simply impossible or too inefficient for me), so the only way to get some dps with an additional curse seems to be changing the anoint to whispers of doom. And that's only possible if we get more reservation efficiency somewhere since we have to drop sovereignty. I've tried my best to not run a reservation cluster jewel, because that fucks the whole build up as I don't wanna drop ANY of my jewels since each one of them is very important for the build, including the rare one that gives me big dps, life and resists. Sadly there's no way to get another jewel socket without spending at least 5 points or buying a 1 passive voices. so what I'll do to take care of the reservation issue is that I'll get a skitterbots reservation efficiency enchant on the helmet (determination enchant has less value because it's already linked to enlighten), get helmet implicit to perfect rank (12%) with orb of conflicts and I have enough mana to use all my auras with double curse setup. If I somehow get an unnatural instinct with reservation efficiency or enlighten 5, that'll also allow me to drop defiance banner mastery for something like gain 5% of evasion as extra armour on that wheel, or the stun immunity mastery on evasion wheel.

If you're having reservation issues, my suggestion would be to use reservation efficiency small cluster jewel with uncompromising notable on it, I just can't fit it into my build because there's like no way I can drop any of my jewels without losing shit ton of stuff

This! You already said it. It's not really possible (for me at least) to get that into the build. All the gems are way too good to "waste" some points into reservation. I think you could only do that if you use Velynas tree or mine. I adapted mine a little bit from what she has. But then again you'd need to be lvl 97+ to acctually have those skillpoints.

"
auspexa wrote:
After everything is done, I'm planning to write an in-depth guide where I'll explain every single mechanic of the build, including showcase vids. For anyone reading this, I still don't recommend this build, you can make something much stronger with the items I have right now because EC isn't a very strong skill. my jewels alone cost like 100 div

I kinda want that and don't want that. Because I'm most likely way past the point at which I could have switched from Velynas build to yours. So this will probably be super informative but then again make me annoyed because I could have done whatever different. (which again brings me back to what I said before about buying stuff)

26% aoe is the second breakpoint (I think the first was 13, but it's not important) and it guarantees that you're hitting with all 5 projectiles in case you're using GMP.

37% aoe guarantees that you're hitting with all 9 projectiles in case you're using both GMP and GV. It's also possible to get 9 overlaps with 26% but it's not reliable, as they don't always overlap with 26%. This doesn't really matter if you replace GV with ele focus or something. Dying sun has a noteworthy interaction here, it gives significantly more dps but we just can't use it because EC consumes its charges. I wish they changed it to consume only charges from magic flasks instead.

I don't know the exact requirement for 6 projectiles case, which I'm running with deadeye forbiddens, because the guy who tested concoction aoe never tested it with 6 projectiles. I just assume that all 6 overlap easily with 37% or more, as they have to overlap if 9 projectiles overlap with 37%. They probably overlap with 26% as well.

For me, the most annoying limitations for the build were that it's socket starved since we don't have a weapon, so I was forced to buy 2 unset rings and we need so many suffixes such as suppression, intelligence, strength, attack speed, accuracy, flask charges gained, leaving pretty much no space for resists. This is why every single cluster jewel I have has double resist mods on them and anomalous purity of elements helps a lot, as you said.

Don't worry about buying new stuff, it's not hard since we have resistance swap craft in the horticrafting station. I've changed my helmet twice, my glove twice, my belt once (will change again), my rings like 3 times (got a new one already, cant equip yet cuz no whispers of doom) and my shield about 3 times (will change again soon) after level 90. It's annoying but doable
Last edited by auspexa on Sep 26, 2022, 7:28:05 AM
Oh so that's nice. That means in the far future I can throw out my Conquerors again for the two Forbidden jewels since I'm only using GV now and GMP as soon as it's lvl 20. Those jewels are at 40+ Divines right now. I really should have bought them when they were at 7 Divines for both.
Last edited by Vacoh on Sep 26, 2022, 8:21:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info