Option to turn off weather effects.

Yeah, Xbox 360 components are completely outdated compared to standard computers nowadays ....

/rofl

This is getting ridiculous, really.

PS : programming is not just about the size of the team .... at all.
hundreds of developers or a single game would be completely dumb.
Blizzard definitely has an edge on optimization, but GGG could definitely do better and mainly some of their their design choices are the "failures" here.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jan 9, 2014, 11:56:39 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
Yeah, Xbox 360 components are completely outdated compared to standard computers nowadays ....

/rofl

This is getting ridiculous, really.

PS : programming is not just about the size of the team .... at all.
hundreds of developers or a single game would be completely dumb.
Blizzard definitely has an edge on optimization, but GGG could definitely do better and mainly some of their their design choices are the "failures" here.

Do you even watch credits? and when I say "developers" I tend to mean more then just coders who develop code. Bethesda is also a major company that can afford to take the time to accommodate a wide variety of computers, and also likely has developers with enough varied talents that SOMEONE working for them will know how to code for each generation of hardware (GGG devs likely only know/used a handful of computer hardware configurations and have faaaar less experience then the pool of knowledge either Bethesda and/or Blizzard have amassed.)

Xbox 360 uses like a 800MHZ CPU, 512MB of RAM that is shared with the Video Card, game and also the Dashboard and the console features something like a Geforce 7500 or 7600 equivalent video card with no dedicated VRAM. PS3 isn't much better, in fact it's worse in some ways like the 512MB of RAM it has is segregated in to 2 lots of 256MB's, one lot dedicated to the video card and the other lot dedicated to the game and Dashboard (X Media Bar or whatever they call it) while on the Xbox360 the developer can define how the RAM is divided.

Back when the consoles were released we had 2GHZ CPU's, most new computers came with 1 to 2GB of RAM and Geforce 7800's with dedicated 512MB (Or more) VRAM were available.

The consoles were obsolete before they even left the gate. Same with current gen consoles, they aren't as powerful as a modern desktop PC but might be comparable to a gaming laptop with great cooling, maybe.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jan 9, 2014, 12:10:48 PM
We are talking mostly about code optimization here ( all kind of code, CG included obv ).
Do you know how programming teams work ?

You can't just compare an xbox/playstation with a computer btw, one is fully dedicated to gaming, the other is is not and will need more resources.
Just look at Skyrim's PC recommended configuration.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jan 9, 2014, 12:09:21 PM
"
"
Russell wrote:
No our graphics programmer before was also our game structure programmer and major content feature programmer. Now we actually have a full time graphics programmer. Though hes been on holiday for a month.

All I see is "we won't let you disable something broken, and we won't fix it either".

Looks more to me like "We won't let you make your own decision because you'll choose wrong."
Well yeah, GGG devs probably have significantly less experience in supporting multiple hardware configurations then the numerous devs working at Bethesda/Blizzard/ArenaNET so it's not unreasonable that GGG are having issues optimizing their own code.

Anyways, I'm sure they'll get the hang of it soon enough and great things will happen (Unless they run out of money), but until then constantly winging about it isn't the answer.

The only reason a PC needs more resources is because of Windows NT and newer Windows O/S's built/derived on/from the same technology. If we stuck with DOS and Windows 9x we wouldn't have asinine system requirements for stuff (But supporting multiple hardware configurations would become stupidly difficult, it already was back then).
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jan 9, 2014, 12:17:56 PM
"
Do you even watch credits?

Not in PoE, it crashes at credit screen 100% of the time.

So here's your "areas of the game are more demanding than others" argument out the window.

Poor coding does not equal "your computer is just not up to scratch".

I can play many other "current" games without issue.
Many lewt.
Much desync.
Such rewarding.
Wow.
According to forum mods "sandwich" is considered an offensive word. Who knew?
Imperial gardens is just an agony and a pain in the ass, that rain is so dumb. No offense.

Please, let us players enjoy a disable weather effects option. For real.
"
Russell wrote:
"
"
Russell wrote:
No our graphics programmer before was also our game structure programmer and major content feature programmer. Now we actually have a full time graphics programmer. Though hes been on holiday for a month.

All I see is "we won't let you disable something broken, and we won't fix it either".

Development takes time you know. We dont just press feature buttons all day. Its not like we can see something broken and go "oh right I forgot to press the fix button" *press*. It just feels like we do less because we bring out patches every week unlike most company's that do it every 3 months or so.

I should really stop responding to posts like this heh.

Until the problem is solved we should be given, even if temporarily, the option to turn off these game-breaking effects.

I don't need to see discharge spam 5x per second, dropping my FPS to 10 from >100.

I don't need to "see" rain, at the cost of dropping my FPS to unplayable levels ON TOP of the existing skill spam issues.

Frost shrines ruin my FPS as well, by significant levels.

I don't understand why we're not given more control over our playability at the cost of "environment". Environment is irrelevant if we're not enjoying it because it ruins the playability.
I am pretty sure its more of a policy issue here.
If ggg wanted to have players able to disable weather effects they would have done so LONG ago...a simple option in the menu wouldn't be that difficult to implement by any stretch of the imagination
no option to turn off weather effects is dumb. even browser games have this option. Ambiance? I get the story, I still got my imagination but if ambiance = lag + death then no thanks. uninstalling this game. bb all

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info