Option to turn off weather effects.

Worst response ever to people explaining their software causes problems to their health. (and the rest of us to our PCs themselves...)

"
We wont ever have an option to disable weather effects as it removes the atmosphere of the environments.
i lag really bad at dominus, idk if its becuase of the rain but i always have to disable shadows when i fight him
"
HarrisonOwns wrote:
Worst response ever to people explaining their software causes problems to their health. (and the rest of us to our PCs themselves...)

"
We wont ever have an option to disable weather effects as it removes the atmosphere of the environments.

Its because we would rather optimise it than duct tape it. If we knew 60% of the people playing PoE were just turning off weather effects wed just stop making weather effects. That would obviously look bad and chunk of depth from the game. So wed rather make it so people can actually run the effects so everyone can enjoy them. Our graphics programmer really needs to get back from holiday : <
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
"
HarrisonOwns wrote:

"

I'm epileptic and I dont have any issues with the begining of the game.
I5 3570k @ 5.0 ghz 1.3 volt - EVGA GTX 670 @ 1293 mhz - MSI Mpower z77 - Samsung 830 series 128gb - Kingston HyperX Genesis - 1600mhz 8gb - Rosewill Capstone 750-M - Thermaltake Chaser MK-1
"
Russell wrote:
Its because we would rather optimise it than duct tape it. If we knew 60% of the people playing PoE were just turning off weather effects wed just stop making weather effects. That would obviously look bad and chunk of depth from the game. So wed rather make it so people can actually run the effects so everyone can enjoy them. Our graphics programmer really needs to get back from holiday : <

He's been on holiday for over a year?

I'm all to happy to accept optimisation over an option to disable, but this needs to actually happen, not just be talked about.

I don't fight merc Dominus, I vendor all maps that use the docks tileset, etc. Playing this shit atm is just risking death, through no fault of play or build. As most of the game plays fine.

This is the type have thing that really should have been sorted out during beta.

[edit]+1 for 'duct' tape and not 'duck' tape, you'd swear some people have never heard plumbing terminology in their lives.
Many lewt.
Much desync.
Such rewarding.
Wow.
According to forum mods "sandwich" is considered an offensive word. Who knew?
Last edited by Robert_Paulson on Jan 3, 2014, 10:41:29 PM
"
"
Russell wrote:

He's been on holiday for over a year?

Something like 2 to 3 months, actually. Though I don't think he was hired for very long before the person left on their holiday (Which is one reason why there were barely any optimisations during Open Beta).

One of the things done was improving shadows to not flicker, which is awesome.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jan 3, 2014, 11:33:33 PM
"
Something like 2 to 3 months, actually. Though I don't think he was hired for very long before the person left on their holiday (Which is one reason why there were barely any optimisations during Open Beta).

One of the things done was improving shadows to not flicker, which is awesome.

The point was, that the weather effects issue has been known, and gone without fix, for over a year and a half.
Thanks for keeping up.
Many lewt.
Much desync.
Such rewarding.
Wow.
No our graphics programmer before was also our game structure programmer and major content feature programmer. Now we actually have a full time graphics programmer. Though hes been on holiday for a month.
y im slept?
"
Russell wrote:
No our graphics programmer before was also our game structure programmer and major content feature programmer. Now we actually have a full time graphics programmer. Though hes been on holiday for a month.

All I see is "we won't let you disable something broken, and we won't fix it either".
Many lewt.
Much desync.
Such rewarding.
Wow.
"
"
Russell wrote:

All I see is "we won't let you disable something broken, and we won't fix it either".

Development takes time you know. We dont just press feature buttons all day. Its not like we can see something broken and go "oh right I forgot to press the fix button" *press*. It just feels like we do less because we bring out patches every week unlike most company's that do it every 3 months or so.

I should really stop responding to posts like this heh.
y im slept?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info