Option to turn off weather effects.

"
Imperial gardens is just an agony and a pain in the ass, that rain is so dumb. No offense.

Please, let us players enjoy a disable weather effects option. For real.

agree

whats so wrong with ppl being able to disable rain falling down? srs lol
"
Imperial gardens is just an agony and a pain in the ass, that rain is so dumb. No offense.

Please, let us players enjoy a disable weather effects option. For real.

agree

whats so wrong with ppl being able to disable rain falling down? srs lol
"
JackTheRiot wrote:
"
Snip

And if you read my other post, you'll realize that my PC is NOT 5 years old (in fact, it's 3, and updated last year). Other people have posted with decent specs and the same problems.

And for a game made specifically and exclusively for PCs? Yes, I do think developers (specially indie ones) should try to let as many people as possible to play their game. Hell, I'm not asking for it to run on Windows XP (even though it can, and that is much more work than simply disabling weather effects), but being able to lower the graphical quality in any way can allow more people to play it (speaking of that, I still find weird that you can't lower the textures under medium, unless you go out of your way to modify the config file).

I screwed up the last line in my post, regardless if the game was designed for old hardware then by all means I'd expect it to retain decent support for that hardware.

Anyways, you're right that some people with decent computer builds are experiencing performance drops. I wouldn't be surprised if they're only experiencing it in multiplayer late game scenarios though. The amount of partical effects a player can generate late game is incredible and multiple people doing it... not too surprising that even high end video cards can't handle it well.

But then again, players like Kripp seemingly play fine without FPS issues so I dunno. i give up on the issue lol. Are you playing with software audio? That could be responsible for some of the performance loss/difference in performance between some players
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Mar 18, 2014, 1:43:29 AM
Wow, that was frustrating. I'm gonna vent on this Internet forum!

The Imperial Gardens were tolerable for me, but the Dominus fight took me about 30 attempts considering it was running at like 5-10 FPS. That's what is frustrating; I can play through the WHOLE game at a stable framerate up until the VERY END. I mean, what a slap in the face! Obviously, I'm playing on a low-spec laptop and I never expected to be able to run the game reasonably at all, so I commend the devs on the optimization they've done, but why the smug/dismissive attitude on this? I really hope you guys have a change of heart. I wanna see this game grow and get better, so alienating potential customers for the sake of "atmosphere" is immensely disappointing.
Bump.
"
Russell wrote:
We wont ever have an option to disable weather effects as it removes the atmosphere of the environments.

However we will be adding many graphical options in the future so you can set your settings to your pcs needs.

So particle quality , texture quality , model quality and so on.

Also currently im missing a material option to make the rain and enviro effects less laggy. This will hopefully be there before open beta. Otherwise im sure there will be many more people who will be pretty mad at low fps's in rainy/windy areas.

BEFORE OPEN BETA lawl

So, rain is still a massive problem and this guy should be fired for basically telling everyone with an issue because of the poor graphical optimization to go FU** off.
"
HarrisonOwns wrote:
"
Russell wrote:
We wont ever have an option to disable weather effects as it removes the atmosphere of the environments.

However we will be adding many graphical options in the future so you can set your settings to your pcs needs.

Also currently im missing a material option to make the rain and enviro effects less laggy. This will hopefully be there before open beta. Otherwise im sure there will be many more people who will be pretty mad at low fps's in rainy/windy areas.

BEFORE OPEN BETA lawl

So, rain is still a massive problem and this guy should be fired for basically telling everyone with an issue because of the poor graphical optimization to go FU** off.

Thanks for the awesome feedback! Anyway do you think its not frustrating for me?. Never getting the tech to do anything I want. Sigh I should just stop informing people of whats going on.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
"
Russell wrote:
Thanks for the awesome feedback! Anyway do you think its not frustrating for me?. Never getting the tech to do anything I want. Sigh I should just stop informing people of whats going on.

Post more Doge instead.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Apr 2, 2014, 6:47:50 PM
"
Russell wrote:

Maybe players should stop making feedback? even if it was badly spoken, it's still correctly shows reaction of people on some game problems, so you can learn and find right decisions.

I understand reason of your early position to not make option to switch off weather effects, but right solition is:

1) due lots of negative feedback about weather effects on mid-tier PCs - add command line option to turn it off. (i'm programmer too, so i gues that's not so hard to implement and will not take much time) So those, who have no problems with these effect mostly will not know how and will not try to turn it off. But those, who have this problem will search this forum for a solutions, find your thread with info about command line param. And they'll stop whining and will be more happy with PoE (and some of them shurely will buy more mtx-points)

2) So now you can make more important things. And only after you'll get much more free time you can improve and optimize weather effects. When optimisation will be done you can remove support of that command line parameter. So player who had problems with weather effects will notice your improvement and will be even more happy (and will buy more mtx-points again)

Hope my feedback would be noticed :)
FilterBlast - a web-hub with up-to-date item filters and extra features
https://filterblast.xyz
"
HarrisonOwns wrote:
"
Russell wrote:

BEFORE OPEN BETA lawl

When you are old enough to get a job, you will see that it's not that easy.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info