Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

What build is best for Solo with MF gear

"
Just for your information.....IIQ/IIR do NOT affect currency(orbs/ect) as stated by the dev team, just equipment.

Source? I thought it was pretty well understood that orbs were an item, and as such, increased by IIQ. I mean, just do a run solo verus in a 6-man party, and see how many extra scrolls drop.
(Main) Softcore IGN: BuzzBuzzYo
Warbands IGN: ZyliniaYo
IIQ does for sure affect currency. It's been stated.
It's only IIR that doesn't affect currency since it just has a chance to make items rarer.
Ok. Cool.

Can we get back to the topic? (Which is about builds.. not mechanics)
Agreed, summoner is probably the best as you don't have to have damage, just stack life / resist / iiq / iir. Spectres are win mode.
Summoner is indeed a great build for that, I began to level mine for the same reasons, grinding maps and not being able to fill the inventory in 3 maps is frustrating.

I am lvl 73 atm , I have good MF gear and mediocre survival gear and I can manage to run 70 maps with 2 andvarius. Some mods on maps can make them almost impossible to run though (elemental reflect for example will kill your spectres too fast).
For the results, the rares are legion ( cannot take them all to town in map if you don't want to make trips just for that) and I get about 1 unique every 3 or 4 maps

I didn't try the low-life EK build yet but I'm quite tempted to try. Does it work without shavronne's wrappings ?
"
DEGGON wrote:
"
blubbber wrote:
I recently started a low life EK build and it is by far the best build I made both in fun to play and MF. Using Wondertrap, Salimas touch gloves, both IIR and IIQ gems linked I found 8 uniques between act2 normal (when I started going low life and wondertrap kicked in) to act2 cruel. granted most of these were low level uniques, but Astramentis was one of the drops and made up for it all :)
don't even have andarius or whatever these awesome MF rings are called, but already raking in loads of rares, orbs and uniques. the killing speed of this build also really helps progress quickly.
the dps is so high that at least so far I get by pretty well without a high ES, resists or anything and pretty much rely entirely on the backup of my ice spear totem freezing everything and hardly ever get hit.
good fun :)

Just for your information.....IIQ/IIR do NOT affect currency(orbs/ect) as stated by the dev team, just equipment.
IIQ increases orb drops.

where are you getting your misinformation ?
"
drazel7 wrote:
Summoner is indeed a great build for that, I began to level mine for the same reasons, grinding maps and not being able to fill the inventory in 3 maps is frustrating.

I am lvl 73 atm , I have good MF gear and mediocre survival gear and I can manage to run 70 maps with 2 andvarius. Some mods on maps can make them almost impossible to run though (elemental reflect for example will kill your spectres too fast).
For the results, the rares are legion ( cannot take them all to town in map if you don't want to make trips just for that) and I get about 1 unique every 3 or 4 maps

I didn't try the low-life EK build yet but I'm quite tempted to try. Does it work without shavronne's wrappings ?

I am hoping to eventually get Shavronnes and I think late game it may be necessary, I am only level 48 so far. Despite having rubbish hp/es, barely above single digit resits etc, I only die occasionally because most parts are so easy that I tend to watch a movie alongside it and sometimes get distracted. my stats are so crap because I focus mainly on MF. once it starts to get harder, I will switch over to proper gear but as long as I dont need it, may as well make the $$s to eventually buy Shavronnes ...
I remember being here on melee chars with high HP, armor, maxed resist and struggling a lot more than I do now :)
would definitely recommend it :)
just gimme me a shout if you want me to link my build, gear etc.
don't know if my build idea follows the standard EK build as I don't read up on cookie cutter builds and like to experiment with my own builds ... so there may be more optimal ones out there

another reason I would like to get Shavronnes is to be able to get my max life even further down than 35%, pretty much as low as possible to minimize the the dmg dealt to me by RF once I get that far in my build
Last edited by blubbber on Apr 17, 2013, 11:41:45 AM
I don't think low-life EK can work in maps. You need some kind of defense as you are killing the mobs by yourself. IF you got the energy shield route.. where do you get enough es to survive? You would need really good gear with high es. Maybe possible in default, but I wouldn't try in hardcore.

I was hoping for something else than summoner build, but seems like there isn't much.

I am lvl73 EK marauder (classic) in hardcore. I thought I will be able to use him as a MF runner for maps, but that idea is disappearing quickly. Just yesterday I went to try my first 66 map (with easy mods) and I haven't got any problems with survival, but the damage... even the stupid monkeys did took about 4 shots to kill. And I was wearing quite a solid gear. EK dmg was ~2.5k and I had 5700 life.

If I would switch my items for MF ones, I would probably die. I would have to find/buy expensive stuff that has both mf and life. Definitely can't wear double Andvarius.

edit: Just to show what gear I am running
Spoiler
Last edited by Balron on Apr 17, 2013, 11:53:42 AM
"
Balron wrote:

If I would switch my items for MF ones, I would probably die. I would have to find/buy expensive stuff that has both mf and life. Definitely can't wear double Andvarius.

I don't understand why people think that they HAVE to be running 450% IIR to make a difference. IIR/IIQ is just another affix on an item. Buy or roll items that include it. 100% IIQ/IIR is doubling your drop rate/rarity which is the same thing as killing twice as many mobs.

It's going to take far more stats at some point to double your kill rate than it is to build 100% IIQ/IIR. As long as you can survive and maintain your current kill rate IIQ/IIR is just as good for drops as more DPS.
Self proclaimed noob to the core, but still hardcore
Last edited by Jaerin on Apr 17, 2013, 12:09:56 PM
definitely agree Balron, I wouldn't run my build on Hardcore. I am too much of a casual gamer and prefer more relaxed default playstyle.
that said, the build seems to work surprisingly well and my survivability is better with only about 600ES than it was on equal level with nearly 2k health LS templar.
I got pretty decent evasion with running grace and all the ES/EV nodes, soon I will be getting to the AR/ES nodes, those coupled with granite flask and inner force should sort out the armour side and overall should have about +280% ES.
the main survivability for me comes from running an ice spear totem which freezes everything and with hatred my EK does decent amount of freezing too. with dual redbeak, my EK is on about 1400dps and my dual bear traps on over 6k at lvl 48... with faster projectiles, EK covers most of the screen, so never need to go near anything.

my current gear (faar from optimal):
Spoiler

waiting to replace my helm with a similar one but with about 15% to btoh IIR and IIQ, just need to 4L it first
Last edited by blubbber on Apr 17, 2013, 12:21:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info