What build is best for Solo with MF gear

Getting bored running maps only for xp, havent got any uniques in the past week.

SO i decided to make a mf character.
Just wondering what kind of build should i use.
I heard a bit about dual totem or sommoner is pretty good. Can't really make a choice between those 2.

BTW how much IIR IIQ do I need? Im thinking to get 250+IIR 100+IIQ, or i need more IIQ im not sure.

Is Andavirus good? or I should get rings with 15+IIQ 40+IIR? And is there any really really good uniques for MF build?

Ty guys really need help
IGN--dayeoo

Last edited by zephyrmose on Apr 5, 2013, 11:22:12 PM
Rarity starts scaling down at high levels. I'd go for as much quantity as you can get, act as if rarity was a secondary. Also, it depends on what you are planning to farm. Normal bosses? Merciless? Maps?
See you, Space Cowboy...
"
Origination wrote:
Rarity starts scaling down at high levels. I'd go for as much quantity as you can get, act as if rarity was a secondary. Also, it depends on what you are planning to farm. Normal bosses? Merciless? Maps?

I'd go farm maps after around lv70, which build is better for maps?
IGN--dayeoo

No build is good for maps as they don't really drop. You have to buy maps. Maps at it's current state will actually cause you to lose currency, but gain you a little exp in return.

Some map cost upwards of 1 exalt to purchase.
Last edited by coli on Apr 6, 2013, 1:08:06 AM
"
coli wrote:
No build is good for maps as they don't really drop. You have to buy maps. Maps at it's current state will actually cause you to lose currency, but gain you a little exp in return.

Some map cost upwards of 1 exalt to purchase.

I mean the build would be rdy for running solo/grp in maps:)
IGN--dayeoo

Bump, as I am also interested in this.

Just to repeat question: What is a good farming build for solo maps? In terms of mf running the maps content with high IIR/IIQ and still surviving.
IMO summoner is the best build to stack IIQ/IIR, you hide behind an army of zombies and skeletons, they take care of buisness while spectres besides you give you amazing dps and clear speed. And all you need to stack on your gear is some HP/RES and as much IIQ/IIR as you can, + you link IIQ and IIQ gems to your spectres for even more drops! This can be done with dual totems too, so ive heard, but never played dual totem so cant really give any opinion on it. This is ofc for solo as the topic says, i doubt many groups will welcome summoners with open arms, but a group of 2/3 ppl works fine :)
I recently started a low life EK build and it is by far the best build I made both in fun to play and MF. Using Wondertrap, Salimas touch gloves, both IIR and IIQ gems linked I found 8 uniques between act2 normal (when I started going low life and wondertrap kicked in) to act2 cruel. granted most of these were low level uniques, but Astramentis was one of the drops and made up for it all :)
don't even have andarius or whatever these awesome MF rings are called, but already raking in loads of rares, orbs and uniques. the killing speed of this build also really helps progress quickly.
the dps is so high that at least so far I get by pretty well without a high ES, resists or anything and pretty much rely entirely on the backup of my ice spear totem freezing everything and hardly ever get hit.
good fun :)
"
blubbber wrote:
I recently started a low life EK build and it is by far the best build I made both in fun to play and MF. Using Wondertrap, Salimas touch gloves, both IIR and IIQ gems linked I found 8 uniques between act2 normal (when I started going low life and wondertrap kicked in) to act2 cruel. granted most of these were low level uniques, but Astramentis was one of the drops and made up for it all :)
don't even have andarius or whatever these awesome MF rings are called, but already raking in loads of rares, orbs and uniques. the killing speed of this build also really helps progress quickly.
the dps is so high that at least so far I get by pretty well without a high ES, resists or anything and pretty much rely entirely on the backup of my ice spear totem freezing everything and hardly ever get hit.
good fun :)

Just for your information.....IIQ/IIR do NOT affect currency(orbs/ect) as stated by the dev team, just equipment.
IIQ increases number if items dropped, as such also the chance for orbs to drop.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info