[3.15] Eye of Winter ES/LL Self-Cast Occultist

What would you suggest as the 2 must have passive skills on the large cluster jewel? It seems really poggies/impossible to get the 3 passive skills together and none on the trade site.
"
velvetlines wrote:
What would you suggest as the 2 must have passive skills on the large cluster jewel? It seems really poggies/impossible to get the 3 passive skills together and none on the trade site.

Seal Mender and whatever else.

EDIT: And when I say whatever else, I really mean whatever else. It doesn't even have to be either of the two passives I have listed. There are plenty of passives available on Spell Damage clusters that work for the build. So just get Seal Mender and anything else that makes sense.
IGN: Arkon_Melee_LoL

https://www.twitch.tv/arkon9944
Last edited by arkon9944 on Aug 7, 2021, 12:59:28 AM
I finished all of the Uncharted Realms passives today, and it wasn't bad at all on this build.

I did Maven deathless, but I won't lie...I sorta cheated. One of her memory games I totally forgot the order so I just logged lol.

When I did 'The Hidden' (The Breachstone Bosses), I didn't die but Esh hit me with that big lightning AoE of his and put me down to probably 200-300 ES left, it was a close one.

When I did 'The Feared' (The big main bosses one), I did die once to it. I think it was the Elder slowed me to a snails pace and then the Cortex boss put her lightning AoE on top of me and I died pretty fast.

In all of the battles, DPS was certainly not an issue. Even the biggest bosses died to like 4-5 casts of EoW over top of them. Even Maven phases ended with like 3-4 casts of EoW over top of her.

When the league started I was totally expecting EoW to be amazing clear speed and very plain jane boring average boss DPS. I think I kinda had it backwards, but not fully. The clear speed is great, don't get me wrong but we do move rather on the slow end, but that is more of a movement speed issue rather than a skill clear speed issue.

The single target damage though is what really surprises me. I figured EoW would be like any other big AoE skill in the game and suck for bosses, but I would venture to bet that EoW is among the elite skills at boss killing with this set up. It does absolutely crazy single target damage with the added benefit of still being a very good map clearing skill.

I'm firing up the old Twitch for a bit tonight if anyone wants to see how the build works at end game.

I tried this build and it has everything i wanted to try this season, void battery, shavronne's and lots of auras, never did a cold occultist and this melts everything. mad respect for you, of all new skill builds i have seen of this season this is the most efficient.
PoB has finally been updated to include damage for using Unleash.

For those of you that had doubts about the gloves, go take a look at what they're doing...I think you'll change your mind xD

So, I've realized that there is no hope for Heist, as that damn thing is full of one-shots on such a squishy build. Also, any enemy that can fire from off-screen, like those damnable bone spider things, will melt you if they so much as smell your ass coming.

The damage is nice and all, even without half the build's items, but my god, there is no hope for surviving anything so much as LOOKING in your general direction.
"
DarkenX wrote:
So, I've realized that there is no hope for Heist, as that damn thing is full of one-shots on such a squishy build. Also, any enemy that can fire from off-screen, like those damnable bone spider things, will melt you if they so much as smell your ass coming.

The damage is nice and all, even without half the build's items, but my god, there is no hope for surviving anything so much as LOOKING in your general direction.

How much ES do you have? Cause while sure, it's a squishy build, you should only be getting one shot by the huge boss mechanics, not white monsters

"
arkon9944 wrote:
"
DarkenX wrote:

How much ES do you have? Cause while sure, it's a squishy build, you should only be getting one shot by the huge boss mechanics, not white monsters

Very little, 1k-ish HP and 1k-ish ES, as I don't have many of the items right now. Can't afford Shav, shield, weapon nor neck. Maps are so scary, so making any currency probably won't be happening without extreme luck. Hell, I can't even survive 50-ish Heist contracts. And yes, I've tried swapping in Discipline (had to turn off two auras for it) and it only boosts me by about 6-700 more ES.

Edit: Nor gloves. Forgot about them, still out of reach as people keep raising the damn prices on uncorrupted pairs of these damn items.
Last edited by DarkenX on Aug 9, 2021, 12:49:22 AM
"
DarkenX wrote:
"
arkon9944 wrote:
"
DarkenX wrote:

Very little, 1k-ish HP and 1k-ish ES, as I don't have many of the items right now. Can't afford Shav, shield, weapon nor neck. Maps are so scary, so making any currency probably won't be happening without extreme luck. Hell, I can't even survive 50-ish Heist contracts. And yes, I've tried swapping in Discipline (had to turn off two auras for it) and it only boosts me by about 6-700 more ES.

Edit: Nor gloves. Forgot about them, still out of reach as people keep raising the damn prices on uncorrupted pairs of these damn items.

I meaaaaaannnn...

I could be wrong here, but I highly doubt it's the build's fault you die to one shots from everything when you're running around with 2k total hp/es...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info