Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.15] Eye of Winter ES/LL Self-Cast Occultist

Not sure if it was mentioned here, but what is your tip on best positioning of Hydrosphere?

Im farming bossess right now so I've been experimenting with it a bit and I still get so crazy variable results.

Sometimes I kill the same boss in <1s and sometimes it takes me 3 and I think I've tried all combinations and can't seem to find the right spot that always yields the best results.

What SEEMS to me as best positions are
1) just behind the boss, boss at about 70% of EoW length
2) just behind the boss, hydrosphere at absolute end of EoW length (with increased projectile speed its almost whole screen away).
Last edited by manwecz on Sep 10, 2021, 5:45:54 AM
This is my first post on the forums, so let me thank you so much for the guide is amazing! I kind of a new player on PoE (it's my 3rd league) and I tried this build with a 10ex budget and it's doing fine and has good damage but as it's not min-max due to budget.

I am starting with red maps and altough it has a good damage, the defense is not the best, so I have been wondering what would you recommend to improve survivability on it.

I have only 3 ex now and I what to get a Watcher's eye with ES on hit maybe or the Militanth Faith, what would you recommend?

This is the POB: https://pastebin.com/JRu7xmmg

Edit.: Pob of Build disabled gems are currently leveling only.
Last edited by Ankh0890 on Sep 11, 2021, 4:23:57 PM
How valuable is Thunderous Salvos? We get another seal but each stage does 21% LESS damage. POB does little to show its effects on DPS, so how much does this node bring to the table?

Deliver pain exquisite
I just wanted to say i really like the build.

it's a bit squishy sometimes, but the damage and clear in maps is just amazing.

still finding small upgrades, i use phaserun with the cooldown boots for 100% arcane surge uptime, even managed to get to 75% chaos res.

thanks for the guide!
Soooo, I finally got some gloves with ele weakness corruption:

But - what do I do now?
Sniper's mark instead of ele weakness - doesn't work with hydrosphere + hextouch. So you'd need to self cast it, which sucks.

Any suggestions if anyone is still playing?
"
blastinMot wrote:
Soooo, I finally got some gloves with ele weakness corruption:

But - what do I do now?
Sniper's mark instead of ele weakness - doesn't work with hydrosphere + hextouch. So you'd need to self cast it, which sucks.

Any suggestions if anyone is still playing?

Pretty useless. The increase in using a level 20/21 curse far outweighs having them on gloves (or trying to wedge in some third curse).

Linking hydrosphere > hex touch > ele weakness > frostbite is ideal.

The added range from increased AOE is unnecessary. You don't need to scale damage to mobs. You can disintegrate them with a 2 link. You need to scale boss encounters.
Deliver pain exquisite
Heavily considering league starting this one lmao. Might be a struggle to get it going but w/e. Any chance of a 3.16 update once PoB is out?
Any chance of a 3.16 update? Really liked the build during my play of 3.15 and was heavily considering leaguestarting it albeit it might be a struggle to begin with.
Playing around with the PoB now.

Build seems pretty much fine:
- slightly more travel costs due to pathing

- Transcendent Flesh sucks now, because you only have 40 strength in radius (if the jewel radius' in the new PoB are correct)
- triple crit multi jewels kicks its ass
- double crit multi + energy shield + resist/other stat you need to fill out seems more realistic though

- Thread of Hope kinda sucks now (if the jewel radius' in the new PoB are correct), because you can't get access to Utmost Intelligence, Snowforged (which was nerfed anyway), Practical Application, Breath of Rime (freeze chance nerfed anyway) and Deep Wisdom anymore
- you only get access to Mental Rapidity instead, which is okay, but not really that good
- if you have a (really) good rare jewel it's probably worth taking over a ToH

- annointing Nimbleness is not the way, because we need to take the notable on the tree to gain access to Caster Mastery for the +1 to number of seals
- get a DPS annoint or more energy shield

Not comfortable sharing a PoB, because a) it's not my build and b) I don't think I'm that good with PoB.
"

- Thread of Hope kinda sucks now (if the jewel radius' in the new PoB are correct), because you can't get access to Utmost Intelligence, Snowforged (which was nerfed anyway), Practical Application, Breath of Rime (freeze chance nerfed anyway) and Deep Wisdom anymore

I still reckon you'd take ToH since with large ring you get Heart of Ice and Arcane focus since that saves you a ton of points no? Also Mental Rapidity like you mentioned if one would want to take it. It's obviously way worse than what it was previously but still seems worth it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info