[3.15] TotalQlimax's Mjölner Manabond Hiero - 27M+ DPS (14M+ Sirus), 10K+ eHP. All content viable!

Profemi -- I'm definitely using Manastorm, so not sure where it's missing? In my alt slots, I have 2 different weapons just to level up gems in them though, maybe that's what you're seeing?

Now I have the same sentiments about feeling a little glass cannon as well, so one thing I've tried out that works pretty well overall is to run a small cluster jewel with Enduring Composure (30% increased Armour, Gain 1 Endurance Charge every second if you've been Hit Recently).

You definitely need to cap your fire res though or is it capped from a Vaal node from Glorious Vanity?

Situationally you could use Stubborn Student (15% increased maximum Mana, 20% increased Armour, +1 Armour per 10 Unreserved Maximum Mana) also.

I've also swapped out my chest piece for Sporeguard and ran a holy relic, stone golem, enduring cry etc. Definitely tanks my damage, but the regen is nice.

---------------------------------

eisman -- Onslaught corrupt on Mjolner is slaughtering (haha) your APS, if I check the right config options in PoB, you definitely take a huge DPS hit. If you need to keep that weapon, replace your Faster Attacks Support with a Level 12 or 13, Quality 0%. That should bring your APS to under your cooldown recovery limit of 6.06. In game the APS tends to show as .2 higher than what PoB shows, so maybe try a level 12 first and see what shows up in your character sheet. But don't go over 6.06.
Last edited by Avolantyr on Sep 14, 2021, 6:09:49 PM
"
Avolantyr wrote:
Profemi -- I'm definitely using Manastorm, so not sure where it's missing? In my alt slots, I have 2 different weapons just to level up gems in them though, maybe that's what you're seeing?

Now I have the same sentiments about feeling a little glass cannon as well, so one thing I've tried out that works pretty well overall is to run a small cluster jewel with Enduring Composure (30% increased Armour, Gain 1 Endurance Charge every second if you've been Hit Recently).

You definitely need to cap your fire res though or is it capped from a Vaal node from Glorious Vanity?

Situationally you could use Stubborn Student (15% increased maximum Mana, 20% increased Armour, +1 Armour per 10 Unreserved Maximum Mana) also.

I've also swapped out my chest piece for Sporeguard and ran a holy relic, stone golem, enduring cry etc. Definitely tanks my damage, but the regen is nice.

---------------------------------

eisman -- Onslaught corrupt on Mjolner is slaughtering (haha) your APS, if I check the right config options in PoB, you definitely take a huge DPS hit. If you need to keep that weapon, replace your Faster Attacks Support with a Level 12 or 13, Quality 0%. That should bring your APS to under your cooldown recovery limit of 6.06. In game the APS tends to show as .2 higher than what PoB shows, so maybe try a level 12 first and see what shows up in your character sheet. But don't go over 6.06.

Thank You ;) i will have a look with Faster Attack Support cheers
I invested about 700c more into the build and its pretty nice now. I got my second curse and second cluster jewel, rerolled Algor Mortis for higher % and got my lab enchants. But most of my jewels are just helping me to get Strength/attack speed. I am now just below capped at attack speed 7.52 with onslaught flask on. I put the Vaal points in to show the fire resistance from Glorious Vanity (3401 gives me 12 chaos res, 13 fire and 2 movement speed)

I am killing t16 bosses, elder maps, and guardians. I put in an onslaught flask and I am using Rumi's for extra defense. Would Atziri's purple flask help my damage out in exchange for Rumi's block?

I am now realizing that this build has a "correct" way to play it, and it is very dependent on what colour monsters are ahead. I am very used to playing Scourge Arrow Pathfinder which runs across maps and clears at highspeed but cannot level up safely. I need to play this build completely differently, almost like a Hardcore character that plays carefully and looks ahead for whats coming up so you can spend your mana in advance to let it recover before spinning into purple/rare packs.

My deaths are almost always while getting stunned inside a pack of monsters, especially Runic, so I'm going to level up 3 more times and get Unwavering Stance back before any other upgrades or opinions.

My next upgrades are going to be more skill points, 3 notable cluster jewel rolls, fortify on Mjolner, better Ring/Boot rolls, better jewels.

If you could have only 4 Large cluster notables, is 1x Supercharge, 1x Overshock, and 2x Stormdrinker better than having Widespread Destructions/Scintillating Ideas?

Here is an updated POB: https://pastebin.com/hUCiah0R
Last edited by Profemi on Sep 15, 2021, 11:00:45 PM
Atziri's gives me a good DPS boot, plus my build is at 2% chaos resist, so it helps with that too, but I also run Rumi's since this build lacks in armor. So you could use either situationally.

You could also simulate the flask swap in PoB and see what it does for you. When I made changes to your PoB, I didn't really see a whole lot change in DPS. Side note, you don't have "# of Mana spent recently" nor "Do you have Manastorm's Lightning Buff" set in your Configuration. Same with Wave of Conviction Exposure and type of exposure. Are you sure 60% shock is accurate on a boss? I had someone in global look at my PoB a while ago and they all cackled endlessly about the shock value being that high on a boss (I was just following OP's values)

I think those 4 notables in your current build should be fine for damage. The only thing about Widespread Destruction that I find useful is that you just make the your AoE larger, so you don't necessarily have to be as close to packs to nuke them. This is extra useful if you're using Spell Cascade in Mjolner instead of Concentrated Effect for mapping. It's seriously screen covering.
Hey I am loving this build.

I am also quite new to this and can't really tell how the APS works no matter how many times i read that reddit post. I have most of the same gear but for some reason am only showing 800k dps on POB could someone have a look and tell me what I can do better budget is not an issue I just do not know what I can buy to improve the numbers maybe I am just reading POB wrong.

Thanks in advance

https://pastebin.com/GKDvL9Ct
"

I am also quite new to this and can't really tell how the APS works no matter how many times i read that reddit post. I have most of the same gear but for some reason am only showing 800k dps on POB could someone have a look and tell me what I can do better budget is not an issue I just do not know what I can buy to improve the numbers maybe I am just reading POB wrong.

Thanks in advance

You have way too much attack speed for 0% CDR because you have a headhunter meaning you would have to drop the onslaught gem and do either a 18/20 or a 20/17 Faster Attack Gem. This will take you to 6.04 Attacks per second without onslaught which is close enough to 6.06. You can use something like culling strike in place of onslaught.

You have configured your PoB wrong. Since you have 7905 Unreserved mana, you want to configure mana used recently to be 79% of that unreserve because that's how much a arcane cloak would use with the helmet enchant.
6244 Mana spent recently.

Configure exposure type for wave of conviction to be lightning.

You should rework your cluster jewels because something like disorienting display would be ineffective as you have unwavering stance. You can leave your Scintilating Idea/Storm Drinker/Disorienting Display jewel alone for now and work on the other one to have Supercharge and Overshock.

To further configure PoB, you can tick enemy is in chilling area as you are casting vortex on top of the boss to apply your gloves effect.

Because there's an optimal attack speed, I believe that a headhunter can occasionaly work against that attack speed, causing a drop in dps from trigger rate.
Last edited by Nuboo on Sep 18, 2021, 12:34:37 PM
The Reddit post confused me too when I looked at it. But generally speaking, there are optimal #'s of attacks per second (APS) that coincide with a stat (and other things) called increased cooldown recovery (#% increased Cooldown Recovery Rate if you search on the trade site. I think this can only show up on boots, abyss jewels and belts). If you have 0 of this stat on any of your items, you have to have close, but no higher than 6.06 attacks per second. If you have 14-51% cooldown recovery rate it's 7.56, and at 52% you'll need 10.1 attacks per second. You'll find that if you're below these "magic numbers" your DPS will suffer greatly. And it's a finicky stat when trying to simulate in PoB, which will show your rate slightly different than what will show up in your character sheet.

I think Nuboo is right, if you steal a monster's modifiers that give it (and then you) more attack speed via Headhunter it can tank your DPS. I'm not sure you can push the build's DPS potential using Headhunter in your current build, not even after optimizing your attacks per second. Maybe you can buy a source of cooldown recovery rate (this really made a huge difference for me), and then try crafting around the challenges of resistances and attack speed across the item slots that don't require uniques/jewel slots. Side note: the quality of life changes for global cooldown of your skills that comes with Increased Cooldown Recovery is really nice.

As for Disorienting Display, this is an odd one that I'm not sure of. It says chance to blind when you "use" an elemental skill, but unsure if "trigger = use" in GGG terms. Does it actually proc for you off Manabond? Or just Vortex?
Last edited by Avolantyr on Sep 18, 2021, 3:27:36 PM
Wow, thanks so much guys!

I knew I was doing some things slightly wrong HH goes super hard on any maps I just want more DPS for bossing so I think with these changes to my set up I should be on easy street. I really want to change the boots for those fast boys but I have no idea how I can get to resistance cap without them I cannot see how he has managed it I have plenty of coin to spare but don't know what to buy or craft.

I really appreciate the help you are awesome!
"
Nuboo wrote:
"

Thanks in advance

You have way too much attack speed for 0% CDR because you have a headhunter meaning you would have to drop the onslaught gem and do either a 18/20 or a 20/17 Faster Attack Gem. This will take you to 6.04 Attacks per second without onslaught which is close enough to 6.06. You can use something like culling strike in place of onslaught.

You have configured your PoB wrong. Since you have 7905 Unreserved mana, you want to configure mana used recently to be 79% of that unreserve because that's how much a arcane cloak would use with the helmet enchant.
6244 Mana spent recently.

Configure exposure type for wave of conviction to be lightning.

You should rework your cluster jewels because something like disorienting display would be ineffective as you have unwavering stance. You can leave your Scintilating Idea/Storm Drinker/Disorienting Display jewel alone for now and work on the other one to have Supercharge and Overshock.

To further configure PoB, you can tick enemy is in chilling area as you are casting vortex on top of the boss to apply your gloves effect.

Because there's an optimal attack speed, I believe that a headhunter can occasionaly work against that attack speed, causing a drop in dps from trigger rate.

Also would it be possible to use an Anomalous Faster Attacks Support for that extra cool down recovery rate instead? i still cant really figure out how one calculated this

Don't quote me on this, but I don't believe Anomalous Faster Attacks Support will do anything, since that'll only change the cooldown recovery rate for Cyclone which isn't actually your damage skill, you're using cyclone to hit which in turn will proc what's socketed in Mjolner. I think you want global (i.e. on an item, not a skill gem), because of that.

I feel like you're going to have to compromise on HH for cooldown recovery if you want to push this build's DPS. I'm using The Stampede, so most of my resists come from a Stygian Vise + Abyss Jewel and a ring. I'm not running Vitality though but if I need to, I use the 2nd ring below (not done with quality etc. on it though since I practically never use it)

The smaller adds are from whatever I pick up on cluster jewels + Algor Mortis. If you get lucky, you can get good resist nodes on a Glorious Vanity too. Someone said seed # 3403 for Doryani has solid resist nodes, I can't vouch for that. But anyway, currently I have 75/93/85/10 resists.

Last edited by Avolantyr on Sep 18, 2021, 10:11:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info