I made a map! (updated 4/3/12 - 0.9.8)

NEW WEB VERSION WITH TOOLTIPS
Check out the new version here

IN THIS CURRENT (web) VERSION--
-0.9.6ish
-Area flowchart with hovers for each area showing tooltips of area features, NPCs/Mobs, map notes, quests, and monster levels.
-Areas Cathedral of Bones and beyond do not have correct monsters yet. Currently implementing them, but thought I would update the map for a test run.

I have created a web map with hoverable tooltips displaying what is in the map. The reason I decided to try this was to get more relevant information in regards to what to expect for each area, as well as having a static link for the map so you can bookmark it. However, I don't have a huge amount of bandwidth I can use, so I am open to alternate suggestions for hosting it on a fansite (I'm not sure if there are any good ones out there).

There are a few Drawbacks:
-Haven't found a good way to include pictures of chests, quests, and waypoints on the area blocks. Every way I tried has failed, but I am looking for better ways to make this as a whole.
-Browser compatability. So far this seems to work fine in Firefox, Chrome, and Opera. I would assume Safari as well. IE8 and below have several issues, so I would advise NOT USING INTERNET EXPLORER AT ALL just in case.
-Hover tooltips can be kind of buggy when going off the edge of the browser. Best way to not see the error is to view the map in a full window.

If anyone thinks they can solve the problems listed here, let me know, I'm open to suggestions.

Click the (i) in the upper right hand corner to get the map information and tooltip legend.

Let me know any feedback you have on it and I'll be sure to update it when I can. Sorry it isn't very pretty lol.
Is there a reason, why Bestel and Tarkleigh are listed as "Mobs" in the both Waterfall Caves and the Ancient Pyramid?

Edit: also in the both Cathedral levels.

And I'm not really sure, if I havent seen some human opponents in the forest..?

Beside this: awesome work!
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Last edited by Mr_Cee on Jan 31, 2012, 5:08:17 PM
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
Is there a reason, why Bestel and Tarkleigh are listed as "Mobs" in the both Waterfall Caves and the Ancient Pyramid?

Edit: also in the both Cathedral levels.

And I'm not really sure, if I havent seen some human opponents in the forest..?

Beside this: awesome work!

As from above:
-Areas Cathedral of Bones and beyond do not have correct monsters yet. Currently implementing them, but thought I would update the map for a test run.

Those two are just who I use as placeholders so the formatting is correct.
Awesome! Tnks, man.
Really great map

Issues with the tool tip map

Fetid Pool has a unique mob in it. I forget its name at the moment, but I do know it was a zombie.
Insanity is overrated unless you join me in mine.
Last edited by DarkRookie on Jan 31, 2012, 11:45:28 PM
Awesome, thanks!
"
DemonicGoblin wrote:
As from above:

Those two are just who I use as placeholders so the formatting is correct.

Ah, ok I see. I've noticed the "placeholder" naming on some monsters in the late areas (also happened in the Cave)
To avoid some confusing, you had also named it as placeholders, but no problem now anymore and I think it will be fixed relativly soon.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Awesome, thx Goblin :-)
LadyXYZ_ - Crit Tornado / Ranger 84
BlaueNudel - Crit Cascade Waller / Witch 70
SchwarzeNudel - Flicker Dual Strike Leap Slam'er IIR/IIQ / Duelist 70
SchnittlauchMitKetchup - GH / Marauder 58
Nice work on the updated map!

Love the updated map! Will you be updating any kind of .jpg version of the maps or some printable version?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info