New Features Suggestion (with images!)

I really like all of these ideas and I hope GGG takes some of them into consideration.
I wish to subscribe to the OP's newsletter.
Good collection of often-mentioned UI improvements with excellent mockups and formatting.
"
Redpeanut wrote:
I really like all of these ideas and I hope GGG takes some of them into consideration.

Ty! I really hope so too.

"
pneuma wrote:
I wish to subscribe to the OP's newsletter.
Good collection of often-mentioned UI improvements with excellent mockups and formatting.

Appreciated ty! I'll try and remember to send you a pm if GGG posts here :)
IGN: @GreenDude
awesome ideas.
what would penguins do?
[quote="Gereggy"]I got stuck in a wall, and it was glorious. :D[/quote]
[quote="Qarl"]Fixed a bug where occasionally Fairgraves, Neverdying never dies.[/quote]
^ ty appreciated
+1

Would be nice to see this ideas in game.
Nice suggestions. I would like to see them all in the game.
+1
I'd really like to see these ideas in the game.

I especially liked the ideas about icons at the bottom, portal timer and next level tool tip.
Nice suggestions and great work making mockups to explain them better.

Colored Buffs & Debuffs | Icons at Bottom
I like the idea of putting them at bottom, since its faster to read and notice about curses on you. The main problem is space, at top you have all of the screen, at bottom, some users playing with low resolutions won't be able to see all of them, and making rows of icons isn't a good idea. Coloring them is great, but the colors should fit on PoE atmosphere - I know its just a mockup ;) -.

Sort Characters
Yeah, nice and simple. I would add an option to sort them by the last time they were used. Really like it.

Trade Chat Filter
Trade channel is a mess. Making filters is great when you want to search something and its pressented clean and grouped, not the case here. How should it behave? Filtering messages containing only these types of items? Should present the full message or only those items filtered? How to define whether the writer is looking to buy or sell? There is no standard for it beyond the WTS / WTB.

The problem its bigger, and I'm wondering if filtering here will solve it. Anyway, if you want my opinion to expand it, since the top row its to select the channel you want to see, filters should be at a 2nd row (when trade channel its active), adding some more like: gems / currency, quality percent (only appear on gem search), sockets and links (only appear selecting white / magic / rare / uniques), maybe even the colours of sockets), level required and standardizing messages dividing them between buying and selling. Well, too much options for a channel rectangle...

Portal Timer
Nice too, and easy to do ;).

Stash Tab Arrows
I would add an option to make a 2nd/3rd/... row of tabs -less clicks- but resolution / screen size its a problem, so adding a skip-row arrows is good too. Nevermind, I would make them look like ">>" to represent that its different from the below buttons, and they will skip more content. And maybe adding "|<" ">|" to go first & last.

Next Level Tool Tip
Since I started playing I was wondering why its not implemented.
♠RaGoN♦
Thank you to all the +1s, I really hope GGG sees this post and it's strong approval.

"
RaGoNXIII wrote:
Nice suggestions and great work making mockups to explain them better.
Trade Chat Filter
Trade channel is a mess. Making filters is great when you want to search something and its pressented clean and grouped, not the case here. How should it behave? Filtering messages containing only these types of items? Should present the full message or only those items filtered? How to define whether the writer is looking to buy or sell? There is no standard for it beyond the WTS / WTB.

The problem its bigger, and I'm wondering if filtering here will solve it. Anyway, if you want my opinion to expand it, since the top row its to select the channel you want to see, filters should be at a 2nd row (when trade channel its active), adding some more like: gems / currency, quality percent (only appear on gem search), sockets and links (only appear selecting white / magic / rare / uniques), maybe even the colours of sockets), level required and standardizing messages dividing them between buying and selling. Well, too much options for a channel rectangle...

About the WTS/WTB, its really rare that someone will link a koams and write "WTB".

Most people link the items they want to sell (with the exception of currency). If a message contains the rarity of the filter specified, it will show up.

So in the following dialog:
"

WTS [link]Koam's heart 35 exalts
WTS [link]quality Freeze Pulse | wtb life boots
WTB astramentis 2 exalts

If I chose the filter "Unique", The chat would remove the extra lines like such:
"

WTS [link]Koam's heart 35 exalts

The same way it removes Global Chat from Trade chat when you turn off global. It just adds/removes the lines.

I do realise though that the currency could be an issue for wtb/wts, however most people link both currencies like such: WTB [link]Chaos for my [link]GCP
So turning on currency will still show all the wts/wtbs which is great. There is no reason to filter wts/wtb since you might find a good bargin on something you were not looking for.

You could indeed add more filters but the reason why I kept them broad is because if the list becomes too specific, and you are in a slow or inactive trade channel, you may see no messages for 1 hour or more.

If you searched for Rarity: Rare, Type: Boots, ilvl: 70+, links: 4
you could see absolutely no message for hours.

This suggestion is not a complete fix of the trading problem in this game, however it can substantially help two things:
-Help finding items easier
-Remove wall of text from combat.

^ i have to turn off trade chat when things are dangerous and action packed, but that means I may fail to see a unique i'm searching for. By turning on "Uniques" i can receive messages only when someone links a unique.

Hope this helps explain the system.
Last edited by GreenDude on Apr 20, 2013, 7:37:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info