[3.23] Versatile Combatant Impale Shield Crush Slayer - Crush the Atlas - SSF Compatible

"
Jboard wrote:
I started my Shield Crush glad based off this guide a few days ago and I am loving it. I am working on making my end-game MH Prismatic Eclipse, and have a couple that I have corrupted/krangled and hoping to get some help deciding between the two.

Run the second one with triple damage and extra attack speed, you can get culling strike through gloves.
Ahh yeah, I forgot about the gloves being able to get culling, probably because it looks expensive to make and I found some temp gloves that I was using while I replaced other cheaper pieces first, lol. Well I'll hold on to both and when I get my Culling Strike gloves I'll swap em out, thanks for the input.

If you have a second, any other suggestions you can make for next upgrades or changes to my current gear/builds? (Here's the POB, https://pastebin.com/V6PtQBjt) I just found this amulet and was going to look into make my own +2 skills amulet next, still not super experienced with crafting yet, so it'd be a fun project. Thanks again for the build and guide so far, you're awesome!

"
Jboard wrote:
Ahh yeah, I forgot about the gloves being able to get culling, probably because it looks expensive to make and I found some temp gloves that I was using while I replaced other cheaper pieces first, lol. Well I'll hold on to both and when I get my Culling Strike gloves I'll swap em out, thanks for the input.

If you have a second, any other suggestions you can make for next upgrades or changes to my current gear/builds? (Here's the POB, https://pastebin.com/V6PtQBjt) I just found this amulet and was going to look into make my own +2 skills amulet next, still not super experienced with crafting yet, so it'd be a fun project. Thanks again for the build and guide so far, you're awesome!

Build's looking solid when it comes to red maps and going through T16s. It looks like you should (in theory) be able to go through moderately juiced (sextants + 140+ quant) T16s and such at a pretty quick pace without issues.

Make sure to peek at the crafting guides that i have for each piece of gear. The +2 gems body armor should be cheaper than making the amulet, so i'd recommend that over working on the amulet for now. Culling Strike gloves are a bit rng (50/50 on the slam) but otherwise they're a bit cheap if you're willing to spend the time rolling speed on harvest to get good gloves that way.

Here's a few observations that I have for next progress steps (I am assuming trade league):

Since you've got two warlord rings, i'd recommend rolling one in caster harvest crafts (probably the vermillion) in order to get vulnerability on hit with it. You can then put the other ring for strictly defensive bonuses.

Grabbing armor/evasion two-toned boots and rolling life/resistance/speed in harvest is a decent side project to upgrade boots yourself.

Change the Physical Mastery passive to 100% increased war banner reservation efficiency, then drop Increased Duration gem on your shield to put in War Banner.

Buy div cards for another 6L Astral Plate (Celestial Justicar) and get good resistances/life on it for the time being, and bench craft on the % increased life/mana to help with low life pool.

Get a lethal pride jewel and throw it in the jewel slot south of duelist. You'll get tons of bonuses that are more valuable than that one jewel.

Pick up Savagery for a 4th frenzy charge. You'll notice the difference.

Upgrade Kinetic Impacts anoint to Panopticon.
Last edited by OMFGaTaco on Nov 20, 2021, 10:35:36 PM
That's awesome, thank you for the response and suggestions! I'll check out the gear craft tips on the main post and get to work!
Hi guys, got a question... why do we anoint kinetic impacts? Doesn't it only work on two-handed weapons?
I'm new to PoE and this has helped a lot. Just wondering what auras you prioritize while levelling before you get the cluster thingy to use all of them. Think it said it would be in your levelling section but don't see it. Thanks for the great build guide!
Last edited by MomoJojo69 on Nov 22, 2021, 9:02:38 PM
"
Spritz wrote:
Hi guys, got a question... why do we anoint kinetic impacts? Doesn't it only work on two-handed weapons?

The Kinetic Impacts is strictly for the chance to deal double damage. Being that it's a relatively cheap anoint, there's no real downside to throwing it on and then if you decide you want to overwrite it with something else later you aren't out that big of an investment.
"
MomoJojo69 wrote:
I'm new to PoE and this has helped a lot. Just wondering what auras you prioritize while levelling before you get the cluster thingy to use all of them. Think it said it would be in your levelling section but don't see it. Thanks for the great build guide!

Personally I prioritized Blood and Sand, Flesh and Stone, and Herald of Purity while leveling. The main reason I did those 3 was because it left me a lot of unreserved mana and early on I did not have as good mana sustain so having extra mana unreserved was a big help. That may not have been the best solution, but it got me through early leveling.
"
Jboard wrote:
"
MomoJojo69 wrote:

Personally, I prioritized Blood and Sand, Flesh and Stone, and Herald of Purity while leveling. The main reason I did those 3 was because it left me a lot of unreserved mana and early on I did not have as good mana sustain so having extra mana unreserved was a big help. That may not have been the best solution, but it got me through early leveling.

Blood and Sand, Herald of Purity, Dread/War Banner, Flesh and Stone are the best options early on in that order. Once you get the proper mana reservation then drop Flesh and Stone and War Banner (Champion needs to keep Dread) for Pride.

Pride is nice and has a good damage boost, but in early acts with the cost of everything else it's hard to justify because mana issues are more prevalent. 25-30% mana reserved is the sweet spot you want for levelling, as you should be able to keep a mana flask going and won't run out of mana while spamming shield crush. Once you hit Blood Aqueduct and have a decent shield, you should be doing enough damage to leech mana back with every reservation on.
Thanks mates

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info