[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

I finally, finally DOWNED Sirus A8. I used all of my portals to do it. I went through the first three phases with no deaths. But then I died so many times on the fourth phase of the fight. I have a lot to learn on the fourth phase of the fight. I would love to do the fight deathless but I am going to have to get a lot better on the fourth phase of the fight. Much, much thanks to Sorenalike or Enki91 on giving me advice to correct my build. I made those corrections and it made a huge difference. This build is very good and I love the build.

If anyone wants to see my build, then here is my pastebin or PoB:
https://pastebin.com/UYM9VuF8

Thanks again Enki91 or Sorenalike!!!

Last edited by Voteronyiakin on Sep 14, 2021, 9:54:30 AM
"
Voteronyiakin wrote:
I finally, finally DOWNED Sirus A8. I used all of my portals to do it. I went through the first three phases with no deaths. But then I died so many times on the fourth phase of the fight. I have a lot to learn on the fourth phase of the fight. I would love to do the fight deathless but I am going to have to get a lot better on the fourth phase of the fight. Much, much thanks to Sorenalike or Enki91 on giving me advice to correct my build. I made those corrections and it made a huge difference. This build is very good and I love the build.

If anyone wants to see my build, then here is my pastebin or PoB:
https://pastebin.com/UYM9VuF8

Thanks again Enki91 or Sorenalike!!!

Oh, I forgot to mention that Sirus A8 dropped an Awakener's Orb how sweet!!! Usually, I think that 75% of the time he just drops trash.
Last edited by Voteronyiakin on Sep 14, 2021, 9:49:37 AM
"
"
MrH wrote:
Can you look over my build and tell me where I'm going wrong, or what I'm missing? I've been following this guide and I'm struggling so much. I am so, so squishy and I'll often run into the situation where I get hit, go full OOM instantly and I just can't do anything and die.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MrH/characters
"HackTemplar"

Get a Pledge of Hands & Cloak of Defiance. Drop Essence Worm until your resists are more solid; anytime you're getting cursed into negative levels of lightning resistance. You're also likely being shocked. You're leap-slamming into packs, but you don't have the offense to back it up. Leap Slam into pack; use diamond/granite/sulphur - 2-3 Ball-Lights & move on. PoH repeats the cast w/ it's innate greater spell echo.

PoH is 7c. 5L is 25c. Cloak of Defiance is 25c 5L. Honestly, if you're struggling for currency just sell the league-fragments. You should be able to make 50c in 1-2 days easily as a new player right now. It's all about being aware of what your items/currency are worth and selling 'em / trade.

If you're running this build in SSF then that's on you. Pledge of Hands does have a prophecy and a divination card set. You need to scale your mana much, much harder for endgame. With the proper uniques / jewels; one of the other players in this thread has 8000 mana. You really do need to invest more heavily into mana to scale both archmage & MoM.

Both of the 2 players above/below your comment have Path of Building links that you can look into for comparison. I'd highly recommend it.

OK thanks, I will look into those items. I only have 16C ATM though, but have some things for sale. And I'm not playing SSF.
Last edited by MrH on Sep 14, 2021, 5:45:27 AM
"
MrH wrote:
"
"
MrH wrote:
Can you look over my build and tell me where I'm going wrong, or what I'm missing? I've been following this guide and I'm struggling so much. I am so, so squishy and I'll often run into the situation where I get hit, go full OOM instantly and I just can't do anything and die.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MrH/characters
"HackTemplar"

Get a Pledge of Hands & Cloak of Defiance. Drop Essence Worm until your resists are more solid; anytime you're getting cursed into negative levels of lightning resistance. You're also likely being shocked. You're leap-slamming into packs, but you don't have the offense to back it up. Leap Slam into pack; use diamond/granite/sulphur - 2-3 Ball-Lights & move on. PoH repeats the cast w/ it's innate greater spell echo.

PoH is 7c. 5L is 25c. Cloak of Defiance is 25c 5L. Honestly, if you're struggling for currency just sell the league-fragments. You should be able to make 50c in 1-2 days easily as a new player right now. It's all about being aware of what your items/currency are worth and selling 'em / trade.

If you're running this build in SSF then that's on you. Pledge of Hands does have a prophecy and a divination card set. You need to scale your mana much, much harder for endgame. With the proper uniques / jewels; one of the other players in this thread has 8000 mana. You really do need to invest more heavily into mana to scale both archmage & MoM.

Both of the 2 players above/below your comment have Path of Building links that you can look into for comparison. I'd highly recommend it.

OK thanks, I will look into those items. I only have 16C ATM though, but have some things for sale. And I'm not playing SSF.

The innate Greater Spell Echo on Pledge of Hands is mega-important. You should go back and slowly work through the guide. Scaling your mana is very important too as Mind over Matter is one of your key-defensive layers. Enki, thoughtfully, produced:

This section is here to answer the everlasting "What to upgrade next?" question. (Get a better amulet before you annoint).

It's based on the assumption that you have no gear and have reached maps, if you haven't then you shouldn't even be reading this part of the guide yet, stick to the first part for Acts.

‣ Basic Gear (check Trade Links) & Flasks

‣ Mind Drinker Anointment

‣ Farm Merciless Lab for Mana Regen Boot Enchantment

‣ 5L Cloak of Defiance & 5L Pledge of Hands
If cheaper, buy them unlinked + Jeweller's Touch Prophecy

‣ Healthy Mind

‣ Cluster Jewels

‣ The Aylardex + Oils for Disciple of the Forbidden Anointment
or
‣ Atziri's Foible + Oils for Mana Flows Anointment

‣ 6L Pledge of Hands

‣ Endgame Gear w/ Influence modifiers

‣ Farm Uber (Eternal) Lab for Mana Regen Boot Enchantment

‣ 6L Cloak of Defiance

‣ Watcher's Eye

‣ Unnatural Instinct

‣ Awakened- & Alternative Quality Gems
Using POB, I decided to substitute the ball lightning and slower projectiles in the endgame link with arc and awakened elemental focus, and I get an average hit of 441.5k and total DPS of 1,652k compared to 132.6k average hit and 496k dps with ball lightning.

Why are we not using arc instead?
I made some experimental changes with my build.

-Replaced ball lightning and slower projectiles gems with arc and elemental focus, because I don't really like ball lightning that much and POB told me it was better DPS that way.

-Replaced archmage, elemental focus, and lightning penetration support gems in the orb of storms link with increased area effect, faster casting, and elemental proliferation. Increased area of effect increased the amount of enemies OoS can hit obviously, faster casting makes the orb cast more times per second (someone correct me if I'm wrong and I will change it to something else post haste), and elemental proliferation grants the 20% chance of ailment on hit and ailment spread.

-Replaced snipers mark with conductivity because snipers mark is useless due to dropping ball lightning, and that exposure from wave of conviction, decreased lightning resistance and increased chance to shock when hitting cursed enemy from conductivity, and ailment chance and spread from elemental proliferation work together apparently.
I bought an unnatural instinct jewel and it was supposed to give me 24% increase to maximum mana, though my mana went from 8.1k to 8.4k only

I was thinking I'd get about 2k and break 10k mana, this didnt happen

Am I missing something?
"
MJHeemeyer wrote:
Using POB, I decided to substitute the ball lightning and slower projectiles in the endgame link with arc and awakened elemental focus, and I get an average hit of 441.5k and total DPS of 1,652k compared to 132.6k average hit and 496k dps with ball lightning.

Here is my POB link of my build I highly recommend that you follow it. https://pastebin.com/zJ6ixmTV
I switched to conductivity ring, master of fear, wish for death, corrosive elements and so on. Followed the pob of sorenalike (https://pastebin.com/uGEZ8rQ2)

Now I have a few playstyle questions:

1. I use Righteous Fire like a third aura. I guess that is the way it shuold b done? Always on?
2. Is vaal rigtheous fire for bossing?

3. vaal haste should be used in the vaal version for bossing only I guess. The reservation costs of haste aura would kill the build otherwise (just to be sure I understood everything fine)

4. blood rage is for frenzy charge generation only I guess? And we want the more cast speed I think? So that we are not locked while balling? If so, this is only for bossing, too?

5. And last: Sigil of Power is mainly used for bossing and other longer ongoing encounters like expeditions or wavebased thinks, too I guess?
"
Voteronyiakin wrote:
"
MJHeemeyer wrote:

Here is my POB link of my build I highly recommend that you follow it. https://pastebin.com/zJ6ixmTV

I like your use of sigil of power. The gripe I have with ball lightning is the my inability to aim it correctly. It could be because I'm on console but that's kind of a cope. Arc always hits the target in my experience, which is why I swapped out ball lightning for it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info