[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

Hi..They would help me improve my build, I am lacking in damage and defense, I am gathering currency, but I don't know what to invest in first

https://pastebin.com/u6CuSnsk
"
Sorenalike wrote:
"
Speedohdk wrote:
https://pastebin.com/TBjM6YTt Never imported my character into pob, hopefully this works.

Thank you very much by the way sorena for your consistant feedback in this thread. All your replies really helped me progress through to endgame quite smoothly, where as I would normally hit many frustrating walls following other guides with minimal responses.

Hello
Oh np at all thank you for your kind words
ok lets get to it!
1. lets start with your cluster jewels your large cluster jewel is not the worst but thunderstruck feels like a waste of talent point but the more important issue is your small cluster jewel with 3 added passive skills make sure to change that to 2 as soon as possible also you can get stubborn student on 6% increased mana jewel as well. also as a big upgrade you can use a medium cluster jewel with wish for death and master of fear its a expensive piece of jewelry but the dps boost it provides worth it

2.you are missing a lot of mana nodes because you managed your talent points wrong. check the starting point and take the shortest way.. just take the 2 10ints instead to save talent points also drop the divine judgement its not that big of a damage compared to your upgrades missing mana nodes / life nodes and such also chaos life nodes 4% life 4% chaos two of those is enough .. one small one and one big one... also you need to immune yourself to silence its really important get that on one of your jewels

3. how are you feeling with void sphere and cast when damage taken setup you have ? try vaal haste (lvl 10to 12 is enough since it needs a lot of dex) its pretty good ability to rip through bosses also drop the golem and make a setup like increased duration support + vaal haste + sigil of power + increased area of effect .. it would be nice to have blood rage gem for frenzy charges as well... your ring dont have mana or mana regen you need to get those as soon as possible something similar to this... life + mana + mana regen

i am not gonna recommend RF for you yet try to get your regen to 3.5k first later on you can change the efficacy gem with Vaal rf to have both rf and vaal rf ability .. Having RF active 24/7 is a massive dps boost that nothing can compare to
you can also try to get a lvl 21 anomalous ball lightning its a pretty good upgrade with its cast speed.

4. your flask enchants is not the best either try something similar to this

try to have used when hit a unique enemy on The wise oak as well
also you can have two charges on your Onslaught flask with increased maximum charges also you dont need armor value on your onslaught flask try to have immune to bleed on your mana flask instead of evasion

5. why do you have str node next to your elemental overload ? seems like you dont need it.. also how is your clear ? are you struggling ? if so try asenath gentle touch

you dont need to annoint whispers of doom to apply both curses i believe conductivity will apply first and you will get its damage boost but if you wanna do that its another survivability layer... but i would recommend dropping mana flows and taking mind drinker for now its much much better ..

6. your helmet is not the best either try to have -9 or upgraded version -12 lightning res to nearby enemies something similar or better than this

also you are missing out on boots mana regen enchant 35% is still a lot dont settle with anything else

there are some other upgrades that you can do but i believe these should keep you busy for a while

Good luck!

Followed all your advice and my damage and survivability shot up a ton. still working on the 70% regen lab enchant, though.
Excellent guide. I was working on a very similar build and had hit a wall. I used some of your tips to help me over that wall. Thanks. :)
"
walterEDLP wrote:
Hi..They would help me improve my build, I am lacking in damage and defense, I am gathering currency, but I don't know what to invest in first

https://pastebin.com/u6CuSnsk

Hello
Ok lets see whats wrong

1.First of all you need to divine your chest, staff and you got a lot of low mana items talking about your helm... your belt and boots.. try to get mana recovery rate on your belt its a huge boost

2. idk what your pantheons are but you are not suppose to be scared of poison or bleed to flask it up also you dont need life flask if you feel like your regen is low you need to work on that

3. you are wasting a talent point that 3 added passive small cluster jewel. other than that your talent build seems good considering your lvl but you can't miss the survivability nodes next to mind over matter make sure to get elemental resistance chill and freeze resistance and anointed flesh.

4.your healthy mind jewel is minimum roll make sure to change that to maximum
try to get immune to corrupted blood as well if you can on one of your gems or cluster jewels

5. why are you using multiple projectile support ? you dont need that instead use slower projectile support to increase your damage also you are missing awakened spell echo also try to get anomalous orb of storms for 2 extra beams
please keep in mind that your base abilities like ball lightning need to be lvl 21 as soon as possible

6. your first aim should be to get enough mana regen to sustain RF 24/7 (i dont recommend using it on maven) to do that you need mana regen this means you need to get all the mana regen nodes from your talent tree and you need to make sure to get 35% mana regen on your boots try to max it up 10% is actually a lot.. also get a anomalous arcane surge for extra mana regen as well.. you need to get your maximum mana to 10k atleast.. i believe 3k mana should be good enough for RF you can try lower amounts but its risky. specially since you will need to drop mind drinker for bigger upgrades like this which requires you to use whispers of doom anoint

7.your boots make you immune to chill and gives you %str i am not sure you made the right choice.. i like to have immune to chill as well but you could have gone with elusive + double resistances which you will need .. to do any sort of big upgrades.tbh you can drop elusive in favor of resistances..

8. try to get a helmet with -9% lightning resistance to nearby enemies or -12% if you wanna spend more something similar or better than this

make sure your helmet anoint is arcane cloak spends 15% additional mana

9. the flask setup that i recommend are these

you can use wise oak instead of bottled faith (bottled faith is recommended to be used with zealotry aura and watcher eye that comes with it which includes 15% increased cast speed and 10% increased damaged taken) ... i also recommend taking flasks like atziri one for chaos resistance to boss fights like sirus or you can use cinderswallow flask for clear ( dont use it without chalice flask to fill it up)

wish you best of luck
Last edited by Sorenalike on Sep 18, 2021, 10:06:59 AM
Hi guys,

I'm kinda stuck doing tier 8 Map. Could you guys help me understand what I can upgrade or what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you a lot!

https://pastebin.com/sHtdxwZz
@Enki91

Can you tell us what essences you recommend we use on our gear like the way you had in the old arc witch?
Last edited by MJHeemeyer on Sep 18, 2021, 7:54:35 PM
"
CocoBol09 wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm kinda stuck doing tier 8 Map. Could you guys help me understand what I can upgrade or what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you a lot!

https://pastebin.com/sHtdxwZz

You're just in a relatively poor gear state: Your rare ring doesn't have mana or mana regen. Helmet has very low mana. Amulet should be Atziri's Foible for huge amount of mana and mana regen, and it should be anointed with Mind Drinker at the minimum. You don't have cluster jewels either.

The problem with low mana regen is that you're playing Agnostic which will drain all your mana when you take damage. Meaning that you'll just end up running out of mana when you take constant damage. Once you're out of mana, the build is very paper thin as the life pool is small and there is no more mana to take a portion of the damage.

So focus on sorting out mana regen above all else. When I pull your character up on PoB, it sits at 1100 or so mana / second (check "always on full life" on configuration tab to get the mana regen on the side to show the actual value, else it would reduce the agnostic mana drain from it). That amount will feel awful defensively, and you should do your best to bring that up to 2k at the minimum.

Try for starters to aim for something like https://pastebin.com/NMpNt4pW which is just tiny alterations to your passive tree, added tempered mind jewel, pathed the start differently, added some mana regen small nodes. Changed ring and changed of amulet. It'll put you at a much more reasonable position of some 1800ish mana/s to farm the maps bit higher, and build currency for larger upgrades like 6-link pledge of hands, cluster jewels, watcher's eye with +10% damage take from mana before life, unnatural instinct jewel and all that good stuff.

Last edited by Leimus on Sep 19, 2021, 1:53:12 PM
I plan on using Indigon with this build when I can afford it. Let's say I'm going pack to pack to pack over many minutes without a break. Will the game count recently spent mana as what I spent in 4 seconds of using skills or what was continuously spent without inactivity longer than 4 seconds?

Let's say I spent 16k mana in 8 seconds. Will the game buff me for the 8k spent in the last 4 seconds or will it do the whole 16k spent in the 8 seconds?
"
MJHeemeyer wrote:
I plan on using Indigon with this build when I can afford it. Let's say I'm going pack to pack to pack over many minutes without a break. Will the game count recently spent mana as what I spent in 4 seconds of using skills or what was continuously spent without inactivity longer than 4 seconds?

Let's say I spent 16k mana in 8 seconds. Will the game buff me for the 8k spent in the last 4 seconds or will it do the whole 16k spent in the 8 seconds?

The moment your arcane cloak activates your mana cost will be 32k on ball lightning on 10k maximum mana .. i tried to reduced the mana cost by 80% didnt work either i dont think it can be done with archmage gem
i tried without it and damage is nearly the same with so not worth it
"
Sorenalike wrote:
"
MJHeemeyer wrote:

The moment your arcane cloak activates your mana cost will be 32k on ball lightning on 10k maximum mana .. i tried to reduced the mana cost by 80% didnt work either i dont think it can be done with archmage gem
i tried without it and damage is nearly the same with so not worth it

Dang.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info