[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

Yeah I was waiting for exalted to drop, but 5 at once? I can't ask for anything anymore this league.

And thanks for the suggestions, will change the tree and other stuff step-by-step.
HI, I'm trying to improve my build in both defense and damage, but I'm not sure where to start.
I swapped my 10% clarity wathcer eye for a 9% more wrath. I don't know if it was an appropriate change
I leave my build to see what they suggest me to do.
https://pastebin.com/Ut91DcXi
Hey i completed 36 challenges with this build, you can check out my profile and skill tree. it's a good build don't give up
"
DIVINEWIND12 wrote:
Hey i completed 36 challenges with this build, you can check out my profile and skill tree. it's a good build don't give up

Basic gear as well not too shabby good job
"
walterEDLP wrote:
HI, I'm trying to improve my build in both defense and damage, but I'm not sure where to start.
I swapped my 10% clarity wathcer eye for a 9% more wrath. I don't know if it was an appropriate change

Hello
Lets see whats wrong

1. first of all you are missing tempered mind jewel try to have immune to corrupted blood (since you already got the silence) on it. drop any rare jewel you have and get proper small jewel like the one in your cluster jewel slot, get stubborn student with x2 added passive and 6% increased maximum mana

2.whats the point of healthy mind if you wanna miss the mana nodes or life nodes there ? drop the path to divine judgement and get mana nodes you are missing

3.check your starting point of your talent tree .. you have two wasted talent point there drop the path and go through x2 10int side

4. later on once you reached 94+ get a medium cluster jewel with master of fear and wish for death for unnerve on hit and culling strike remember you need to change your ring as well and get conductivity on hit to make it more useful something similar to this

if you get corrosive elements on your large cluster jewel as well you can drop whole arcanist brand setup and open up slot for gems like vaal haste and sigil of power and maybe blood rage ( dont waste your time with RF yet since you dont have enough regen.. also you are suppose to have Vaal RF gem to get both VaalRF spell and RF spell)

5. i dont like your flask setups either try these kind of setups and enchants

Use The wise oak instead of bottled faith

6.your watcher eye is good right but i wish you could get that extra 1% from it but hey i am not complaining tho its still good

7.drop practical application path actually getting mini stunned is not that bad for us specially with getting stuck in place for so long .. it sometimes saves us if you lack dex try to get it on your small cluster jewels or get a stygian belt with mana recovery rate and put a abys jewel with dex on it something similar to this

that mana recovery rate is huge upgrade also expensive one

8.try to get a anomalous arcane surge its a big upgrade regen wise, awakened spell echo and lvl 21 anomalous ball lightning and orb of storms is perfect as well

9. your boots dont have the highest lvl enchant of mana regen same for your helmet you got nothing on it... get arcane cloak spends 15% additional mana enchant on it... drop the mana flows anoint and get mind drinker its much better

10. most of your items got minimum mana on them you gotta work upgrading those as well

11. divine your chest and your staff

this is my talent build if you wanna compare..
https://pastebin.com/DsHQkUjg
there are a lot of upgrade that can be done still but start working on these first

Wish you luck.
Last edited by Sorenalike on Sep 7, 2021, 6:26:11 PM
Hi may i ask for some tips on what to improve ?
Here is my PoB: https://pastebin.com/DADSBB1C
For some reason it shows my mana regen with the agnostic going so its 1100 dont be scared i have 3200 base 4200 with AS.
I have killed U elder struggle with U atziri (i use reflect imune ring insted of essence wurm) and sirus. TY for tips.
"
Sorenalike wrote:
"
Coxzor wrote:
"
Coxzor wrote:
Hi all,

Need an expert on PoB calculations please, as I am not sure if my PoB has been configured correctly to see how much damage I am currently doing.

Here is my actual PoB:

https://pastebin.com/ffdAU4VX

Cheers!

This one got buried lol.

I'd appreciate if any of the PoB experts assist me with this calculation plz.

Thanks!

BL dps Calculator is included in enki guide i am confused by your question
by the look of it best case scenario you should be able to do something around 7mil unreliable dps and about 3-5mil reliable dps on sirus. it can be increased up to 12mil unreliable dps with RF+Vaal RF assuming you got enough mana
by unreliable i mean you can't sustain the dps 24/7 like RF vaal rf frenzy charges onslaught and such

Thanks for replying!

I completely missed that PoB part on the guide and still can't find it...

You mean going to PoB myself using his link? But that's not my question as I want to see my actual DPS, not compare it to someone else.

Anyhow, I would go by your approx calculations as you seem to know how it works. Really appreciate it man, you been helping out tons of people playing this build and using Enki's guide.

Cheers!
"
Sorenalike wrote:
"
walterEDLP wrote:

Hello
Lets see whats wrong

1. first of all you are missing tempered mind jewel try to have immune to corrupted blood (since you already got the silence) on it. drop any rare jewel you have and get proper small jewel like the one in your cluster jewel slot, get stubborn student with x2 added passive and 6% increased maximum mana

2.whats the point of healthy mind if you wanna miss the mana nodes or life nodes there ? drop the path to divine judgement and get mana nodes you are missing

3.check your starting point of your talent tree .. you have two wasted talent point there drop the path and go through x2 10int side

4. later on once you reached 94+ get a medium cluster jewel with master of fear and wish for death for unnerve on hit and culling strike remember you need to change your ring as well and get conductivity on hit to make it more useful something similar to this

if you get corrosive elements on your large cluster jewel as well you can drop whole arcanist brand setup and open up slot for gems like vaal haste and sigil of power and maybe blood rage ( dont waste your time with RF yet since you dont have enough regen.. also you are suppose to have Vaal RF gem to get both VaalRF spell and RF spell)

5. i dont like your flask setups either try these kind of setups and enchants

Use The wise oak instead of bottled faith

6.your watcher eye is good right but i wish you could get that extra 1% from it but hey i am not complaining tho its still good

7.drop practical application path actually getting mini stunned is not that bad for us specially with getting stuck in place for so long .. it sometimes saves us if you lack dex try to get it on your small cluster jewels or get a stygian belt with mana recovery rate and put a abys jewel with dex on it something similar to this

that mana recovery rate is huge upgrade also expensive one

8.try to get a anomalous arcane surge its a big upgrade regen wise, awakened spell echo and lvl 21 anomalous ball lightning and orb of storms is perfect as well

9. your boots dont have the highest lvl enchant of mana regen same for your helmet you got nothing on it... get arcane cloak spends 15% additional mana enchant on it... drop the mana flows anoint and get mind drinker its much better

10. most of your items got minimum mana on them you gotta work upgrading those as well

11. divine your chest and your staff

this is my talent build if you wanna compare..
https://pastebin.com/DsHQkUjg
there are a lot of upgrade that can be done still but start working on these first

Wish you luck.
Thank you very much for the time you took to explain it to me. I am new to the game and there are many concepts that I did not know.
You have given me a lot to work on, I will try to follow all your indications and when they are ready I will bring the results.
"
Coxzor wrote:

Thanks for replying!

I completely missed that PoB part on the guide and still can't find it...

You mean going to PoB myself using his link? But that's not my question as I want to see my actual DPS, not compare it to someone else.

Anyhow, I would go by your approx calculations as you seem to know how it works. Really appreciate it man, you been helping out tons of people playing this build and using Enki's guide.

Cheers!

Thank you for your kind words what can i say i am a fan!
its inside of his POB > NOTES
Spoiler
"How to calculate your single target DPS:
- First you need to make a copy of this spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rz9F8-PfsijZ_kNUNWURiRQabMCRbuaVGaLTie_oLDw/edit#gid=975172529
- Add your Ball Lightning POB Total DPS in Tooltip DPS (choose the correct setup under Main Skill)
- Change Increased/Reduced AoE to your current AoE (90% from Passives, +150% Pledge of Hands, +30% Unnatural Instinct)
- Change More/Less Projectile Speed to what you currently get from Slower Projectiles (30% at Level 20)
- Add your Orb of Storms DPS + Orb of Storms Average Hit multiplied by Ball Lightnings Cast Rate
- This will give you an idea about your total single target DPS if Ball Lightning hits and is casted within Orb of Storms"

There are more info in there if you like to check it out
Good luck
Last edited by Sorenalike on Sep 8, 2021, 7:33:16 PM
"
Leimus wrote:
"
turik1 wrote:
Hey,

So i got max level gems (not all are 21 because of their huge price difference, but I got a big jump from my previous gems).

Aaand I dropped a divination card for 5 exalts which is my personal best drop ever. I am very happy with my clear speed but I want to boost my survivability and single-target dmg.

Should I now go for a "unnatural instinct" and slot it near shaper?

Always a nice thing to pull a high value div card like that. As for things you can do to improve your build:

Your body armour allocates Mind over matter, so you don't need to keep the point in the passive tree. It's also more efficient to path the 2 int nodes from templar starting location rather than elemental damage. I would personally make the passive tree like https://pastebin.com/GNpnbJMT this if I were you (multiple changes, the tree is for level 89 all points used).

The next notable defensive problem is that your watcher's eye doesn't have the much needed mod of "10% of damage taken from mana before life while affected by clarity", which is huge defensive increase. It doesn't even really need any other mods than that one with good life and mana rolls.

Lack of mana regeneration on your rare ring is a big deal. You should try to try and replace it with at least a ring that has t2 mana regeneration roll, or even better.

Another bit is that your neck isn't anointed. Again losing on mana regeneration which is same thing as life in a build like this. Mana Drinker is the cheaper option that's more suited for mapping, while Mana Flows is that more expensive one that has more effect on bosses too.

Following those jewellery fixes, getting a well rolled Atziri's Foible amulet and having it life/mana catalyzed is also a big thing. They can cost a lot more than some 10c version, but they're well worth it. Catalysts also for the rare ring if you end up with solid one that has good life/mana/mana regen where the catalyst costs are justified.

Fix those things first, and consider the Unnatural Instinct jewel after that. It's a nice upgrade, but bit expensive compared to other things. Other big upgrade is Stygian Vise with mana recovery rate mod (redeemer influence), but again lots of exalted orbs for that.

Soo I've been playing now for a bit.
-Changed the passive tree for the one u showed me.
-got Watcher's eye with the mod of "10% damage taken from mana before life while affected by clarity"
-got a ring with mana regeneration and much needed resistances (more than half of my fire resistance comes from the ring)
(as of now) Fire: 76% (84%)
Cold: 76% (111%)
Lightning: 76% (112%)
- Got Atziri's Foible with Mana Flows.

So before adding catalysts that cost 5c each for +mana and life, should I get even better ring/amulet than the ones I bought recently, or they are good enough?

Got 8 exalts to invest. Personally aiming for either unnatural instinct, stygian vise, watcher's eye with extra affix or the rest of awakened gems (spell echo, chain)

Having said all that.. I am very happy with my character progressions thanks to your suggestions, I die much less, all-round my guy feels much better.
Last edited by turik1 on Sep 10, 2021, 6:57:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info