[3.24] Holy Flame Totem Scion -- League Starter -- HC / SSF viable

Currently trying this build out in HCSSF, does the damage ever ramp up a tiny bit?

It took me 7 minutes to kill Merveil and that's with me using spectral throw on top of the totem's damage :(
"
PsychoBamboo wrote:
Currently trying this build out in HCSSF, does the damage ever ramp up a tiny bit?

It took me 7 minutes to kill Merveil and that's with me using spectral throw on top of the totem's damage :(

Were you using flame wall to give HFT more damage?

Anyways, I feel like act 1 is the slowest, specially after they buffed it, but damage ramps a few times later, for example:
- when you get Wave of Conviction in act 2 for exposure;
- as soon as you link it to Added Fire + Controlled Destruction + Elemental Focus
- when you link combustion to whatever is giving you exposure (either Wave of Conviction mines or Flame golem, in my POBs)
- when you get to Ancestral Bonds (+1 totem);
- when you get second Lab (+1 totem);
- when you get Elemental Overload;
- when you get Flammability by act 3;

Other stuff that can help leveling:
- Get a +1 to all fire spells wand from Act 1 wands with a lvl 2 character, it is easy to roll;
- You can use an Int shield with more cast speed and spell damage if you are feeling safe (usually good for leveling), or even another +1 fire wand;
- Totem nodes gives pretty good damage during acts, and Avatar of Fire is a huge dmg addition since it converts damage to fire/elemental, which you will be picking on tree
Thanks a lot for the detailed answer, I pushed through and it did get a bit better, but I'll apply all that you've listed here!
hi,gui_orioli . I'm using this build. Things are going well, and I have already accumulated currency.Please look at my hero and advise me what my priorities are next, what to buy, what to pay attention to?
"
NorskSjo wrote:
hi,gui_orioli . I'm using this build. Things are going well, and I have already accumulated currency.Please look at my hero and advise me what my priorities are next, what to buy, what to pay attention to?

Ok, on the point you are at, the biggest upgrade I see is getting a second curse (flammability). You can do that by either anointing Whispers of Doom (very expensive) or using a Windshriek (or both for triple curse, but this doesn't help much with dps). I prefer Windshriek because it's a decent boot and Prodigal Perfection is a very good anoint. But it loses some life.

Then, the next upgrades are more expensive - +1 to all fire skills in a influenced amulet, or +1 to all fire +1 to all str in a double influenced amulet. +1 to all spells on top of +1 to fire spells in wand. +1 to socketed gems in a warlord influenced chest (also, chest can have %life craft on it, which is great). And Lab enchantment for holy flame totem in helmet.

If you want more DPS, can also search for good Circle of Anguish synthetized ring, with Herald of Ash buff effect + fire damage, and try to find one with life in implicit.

Hope this helps! ^^
Thank you for such a detailed answer. Now I can make a to do list
Elemental overload is still broken for totems right? So for now better to put points somewhere else till they fix it.
I'm up to level 42, it started slow but it's picking up. I might be too used to FP totems but I kind of wish the projectiles flew faster/farther, but I'm guessing it's not worth stacking any projectile speed so I have to be a little more cognizant of where I place the totems is all
hi gui, I'm currently running this build since league start. I'm level 85 now and i feel i have plateaued at yellow maps. Boss and general clear feels slow. Any suggestions on what I could look at improving?
"
hi gui, I'm currently running this build since league start. I'm level 85 now and i feel i have plateaued at yellow maps. Boss and general clear feels slow. Any suggestions on what I could look at improving?

Sure,
Your gems are still level 19. Consider getting a 21/20 HFT and 20/20 supports.
The second pob is SC trade endgame oriented, there are some item upgrades there. For example, getting a second curse, which I do by using a Windshriek, is a good dps boost. Circle of Anguish with fire damage and herald buff is, as well.

Other than that, your wand could use some cast speed, and possibly +1 to all spells on top of +1 to fire spells. Influenced amulets can also have +1 to fire spells, and double influences can have +1 to str gems together.

Oh, and I see you using Wave of Conviction in totem. Mines are better, they have better dps supports (high impact and charged). But if you really want to use it in totems, you should link it to multiple totems, to have 'em in addition to your HFTs, not replacing them.

And you don't need Arcane surge support; you get it from ascendancy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info