[3.24] Holy Flame Totem Scion -- League Starter -- HC / SSF viable

"
gui_orioli wrote:
"
hi gui, I'm currently running this build since league start. I'm level 85 now and i feel i have plateaued at yellow maps. Boss and general clear feels slow. Any suggestions on what I could look at improving?

Sure,
Your gems are still level 19. Consider getting a 21/20 HFT and 20/20 supports.
The second pob is SC trade endgame oriented, there are some item upgrades there. For example, getting a second curse, which I do by using a Windshriek, is a good dps boost. Circle of Anguish with fire damage and herald buff is, as well.

Other than that, your wand could use some cast speed, and possibly +1 to all spells on top of +1 to fire spells. Influenced amulets can also have +1 to fire spells, and double influences can have +1 to str gems together.

Oh, and I see you using Wave of Conviction in totem. Mines are better, they have better dps supports (high impact and charged). But if you really want to use it in totems, you should link it to multiple totems, to have 'em in addition to your HFTs, not replacing them.

And you don't need Arcane surge support; you get it from ascendancy.

thank you! Some things to work on for sure, I appreciate the tips :) I was mostly running wave as mines, but decided to try the totem route to see if that worked better for me. At the moment its no real difference so I may well tweak it again.
I appreciate your time, thank you :D
"
Doggettx wrote:
Elemental overload is still broken for totems right? So for now better to put points somewhere else till they fix it.

People in Reddit says EO is not broken, only the visual effect.
Today patch:

Fixed a bug where Elemental Overload was not working with Totems, Traps, Mines, or the secondary projectiles of some skills such as Cremation or Molten Strike.
"
DesDeCero wrote:
Today patch:

Fixed a bug where Elemental Overload was not working with Totems, Traps, Mines, or the secondary projectiles of some skills such as Cremation or Molten Strike.

Ok, now that EO is finally fixed, I was able to test it, and it's quite easy to proc EO even with Controlled Destruction, so CD should replace Faster Casting for extra DPS.
Guys new toy for the build, 14ex.

HFT level 28

dps tooltip was from 121.717dps to 165.388 (this sh1t is orientative only)

Last edited by DesDeCero on Nov 13, 2021, 7:08:17 PM
"
DesDeCero wrote:
"
Doggettx wrote:
Elemental overload is still broken for totems right? So for now better to put points somewhere else till they fix it.

I don't know about it being just the visual effect, I see a diamond shape on the skill box when EO triggers, I don't see DPS changing on the tool-tip, and while testing te DPS against enemies I didn't see any significant improvement in kill speed compared to not having it (tried same tier un-altered map, so no modifiers).

I could be wrong in assuming it doesn't work, but when I test it, and I see that something looks like '1+0=1*1', then to me there's no difference between them (random math analogy, just came up with it and is in no way related to any math involved in EO. xD).

EDIT: Well ... guess this settles it then.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/qdpvsw/comment/hhoxso6/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Last edited by UnDrac on Nov 20, 2021, 2:13:38 PM
"
UnDrac wrote:
"
DesDeCero wrote:
"
Doggettx wrote:

I don't know about it being just the visual effect, I see a diamond shape on the skill box when EO triggers, I don't see DPS changing on the tool-tip, and while testing te DPS against enemies I didn't see any significant improvement in kill speed compared to not having it (tried same tier un-altered map, so no modifiers).

I could be wrong in assuming it doesn't work, but when I test it, and I see that something looks like '1+0=1*1', then to me there's no difference between them (random math analogy, just came up with it and is in no way related to any math involved in EO. xD).

EDIT: Well ... guess this settles it then.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/qdpvsw/comment/hhoxso6/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

This reddit post is from a few days after 3.16 release (I posted it). The bug has been fixed last patch (ever since the skill now displays a diamond under it when EO procs).
Ist that build for Scrion or for Hierophan+Chieftain? It has been placed in scion-section.
Last edited by Ellisdi on Nov 27, 2021, 10:30:51 AM
"
Ellisdi wrote:
Ist that build for Scrion or for Hierophan+Chieftain? It has been placed in scion-section.

Yes. It is a Scion/Ascendant build which focuses on the Heirophant and Chieftan ascendencies within the Ascendant tree.

Thanks for the build guide, gui_orioli, I've enjoyed playing with flamethrower totems this league.
Thanks a bunch nice build starting it in endless delve

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info