[3.24] Holy Flame Totem Scion -- League Starter -- HC / SSF viable

Updating thread with Two options for 3.16:

- [3.16 - HC SSF budget] https://pastebin.com/SjCuJqEW
--- Would aim for something like this: https://pastebin.com/D2EdTLJQ

- [3.16 - my endgame take on it] https://pastebin.com/aHrsrVjK
Last edited by gui_orioli on Oct 20, 2021, 12:59:23 PM
Hey guys,

I'm new here so I figured I'd post my build here which is very similar except I use Blade Flurry:

https://poeplanner.com/b/crQ

Criticism appreciated I love this concept.

Edit: Links
Last edited by wub105 on Oct 19, 2021, 1:25:49 PM
Seems like an easy build, i'll give it a go as league starter in Scourge. Silly me but why you use 2 bismuth flasks? Thanks
What is dead may never die!
It was on SSF and I wanted to enchant a low charge consuming flask for freeze and shock immunities, and Bismuth was the best option. I don't ever press these, just passively removing freeze/shock.

3.16 will have other ways to deal with ailments, and the gear isn't very specific, so you can use something else. I think Silver+Sulphur flasks to increase DPS against bosses could be a good option, then.
Last edited by gui_orioli on Oct 19, 2021, 3:15:00 PM
1. I see, so is there any other way to deal with ailments? currently, i think we can't avoid any ailments aside from flask usages.

2. What's purpose of last link Cruelty in HFT setup (as HFT is not dealing DOT)? it's better than controlled destruction here?
Also instead of faster casting, we use multiple totem support?

3. We overcapped the ele res by alot, why still running Purity of elements? Because the aura doesn't apply buffs to totems?

4. What's the purpose of flame wall in this setup & how flame golem is better than other golems (offensively and defensively)?

5. We already curse Flamability, so the enfeeble in the cwdt setup still works?

6. Lastly, since the build aims for hc, i see that the build mostly opts to tanking capability. But is it good in terms of damage? How is the clear speed and boss damage?
I'm a slow player, so I enjoy take the game pace slowly, but if it's 'too' slow to run a map and deal with bosses, that's kinda a drawback in a long run.
Any footage of the build will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for lots of questions, but i mostly play melee builds and know nothing about totem. Hope u can help. Thanks
Last edited by intothefiord on Oct 20, 2021, 6:29:09 AM
Ok, so, I updated the builds a bit. Removed purity of elements, since I was intending to use it for ailment immunity, but it will be too much reservation (went from 35 to 50).

"
1. I see, so is there any other way to deal with ailments? currently, i think we can't avoid any ailments aside from flask usages.

In my budget verstion, I still use flasks. You can try to use purity of elements, which now gives ailment immunity (but will require you to remove other interesting auras), or you can get ir from gear, which is now easier, and combine with Anointed Flesh from tree

"
2. What's purpose of last link Cruelty in HFT setup (as HFT is not dealing DOT)? it's better than controlled destruction here?
Also instead of faster casting, we use multiple totem support?

CD was my way to go last league, but now I need HFT to proc Elemental Overload by itself, and CD makes it much harder. Cruelty is there for only for the raw damage (DOT part doesn't appy).

If you have 4 totems already, multiple totems is less damage than faster casting (but can definitely be used, specially due to placement speed from quality and due to totems now taunting).

"

3. We overcapped the ele res by alot, why still running Purity of elements? Because the aura doesn't apply buffs to totems?

Changed this part now.

"
4. What's the purpose of flame wall in this setup & how flame golem is better than other golems (offensively and defensively)?

HFT's projectiles travel through flame wall and get increased damage. Cast it over your flame totems. Flame golem procs both exposure through Elemental Army and Combustion, while also giving his dmg bonus aura.

"
5. We already curse Flamability, so the enfeeble in the cwdt setup still works?

It works until it gets overriden by flammability. It's a defensive shenanigan, but definitely not needed.

"
6. Lastly, since the build aims for hc, i see that the build mostly opts to tanking capability. But is it good in terms of damage? How is the clear speed and boss damage?

So, I've got it to level 90 in ssfhc and to level 95 in SC trade. It never let me down, damage wise, in SSF HC, but I only got as far as doing tier 14 maps there. In SC trade I fought bosses and higher tier maps. I had less damage (1/2 ~ 1/3 of the damage) than the 3.16 endgame version I posted here, so I had some problems against Maven, but the 3.16 version is better tweaked, with more damage AND survival.

Sorry, I don't have footage, I don't really have the configs, time and rig to do it. The gameplay is really simple, you summon your totems and your buffs, and stay behind them, recasting everything when needed. You are tanky but don't want to facetank everything (even tho life leech allows for it). Movespeed is really good here (I try to always have at least 25% on boots), since you are free to reposition all the time.

Thanks for asking and I hope this answers. =D
Thank for the answer, that cleared up a lot :)
This is a version with Wave of Conviction mines to proc exposure, and then using Lightning golem for its buff, instead of Flame golem.

POB - https://pastebin.com/muhUAAtW

(keep in mind that the Arcanist Brand 5-link is just because POB doesn't calculate Arcane Surge from ascendancy, so I add a level 1 one somewhere just for POB)

This is a viable and very decent damage SSFHC version of the build.
Nice guide. You mention Shaper in the passive tree, but I can't see it allocated when I import this build in the poeplanner. Should Shaper still be included in the tree?
Anyone been playing this in Scourge yet? Wondering how it handles the new mechanic, think it would be cool to actually play a Scion for a change.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info