[3.24] Holy Flame Totem Scion -- League Starter -- HC / SSF viable

"
superdreddie wrote:
I can start soon on console, can't wait :D
Couple of questions:
- Are there any suggested/'required' cluster jewels, or can I mostly skip Delerium?
- The PoB has two Hybrid Flasks. Are those required or more of a personal preference?

The medium cluster in SC Trade tree is what I'd recommend. Sleepless sentries is great.

I like using Hybrid because we have 8% mana before life from Hierophant ancendancy, but it has only enough for 2 uses, so I end up using 2 for a long time (currently using this in league). But flasks are all personal preference, the build doesn't depend on any of them.
Trying this for the first time, and it's awesome! Having so much fun, and only level 46. Thank you for this great build.
Liking the build so far. Levelling was a bit rough for me until I got Arcanist Brand which automatically cast Flame Wall and Flammability - I am not good with too many skill-binds, and I'm playing on a console so targetting is a bit wonky.

I'm also going to try the Mana mastery '10% of Damage taken Recouped as Mana'. That should offset the '8% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life' from Hierophant.

Currently in early white maps and found this unique item in SSF:

(in case the item link doesn't work https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Singularity)

It was a tooltip DPS increase compared to my previous weapon (I think it doesn't take into account the '100% increased damage with hits and ailments against hindered enemies'-mod?). The 8% reduced mana cost is also not bad. But is the item any good? I guess the added lightning damage is a bit wasted due to Avatar of Fire though...

Last edited by superdreddie on Apr 18, 2023, 3:51:24 AM
I have question regarding elemental overload , how do you even proc it with the totem when controlled destruction murders the crit rate?
"
BlightBoy17 wrote:
I have question regarding elemental overload , how do you even proc it with the totem when controlled destruction murders the crit rate?

So, it's really easy to see it procs very fast and never go away. Basically, HFT fires very quickly, more so with extra cast speed we should have, and we got 3 or 4 totems (depending on having shaper shield), and all we need is that ONE of them crits ONCE for it to stay up for 8s. And if any of them crits after that, it refreshes this 8s window.

Easy to check in-game, just look bellow HFT icon in skill bar, a small diamond will be seen bellow it.
Last edited by gui_orioli on Apr 18, 2023, 10:06:57 PM
Pls correrct me if im wrong but, i have diadem now and inspiration dosent seem to do anyting other than reduce my mana cost. I want to switch it with something, what are the options? Thanks.
"
And-Her-Cat wrote:
Pls correrct me if im wrong but, i have diadem now and inspiration dosent seem to do anyting other than reduce my mana cost. I want to switch it with something, what are the options? Thanks.

This is correct. You don't need inspiration with diadem. Switch it to either Cruelty or Hypothermia.

I've been playing with diadem, but I didn't like it much, because the ES regen gets interrupted when we get hit due to Hierophant ascendancy, making us take damage on mana. It's playable and it adds a lot of damage, but it's annoying sometimes.
I'm now toying with a helmet with efficiency and eldritch modifier efficiency to see how it goes.
Last edited by gui_orioli on Apr 24, 2023, 10:04:29 PM
I was tinkering a bit with curses, and found that - for me - having Hex Bloom Support linked works great, especially in maps with higher mob density. So Arcanist Brand - Flammability - Flame Wall - Hex Bloom. This improves the uptime on the curse by a lot (as I usually forget it) and I can clearly see where all the mobs are :p

Now I only cast AB on a tanky rare or when the curse has run out.
Hi again, have you considered using "The Magnate"?, or if it works on totem at all? Im using it and it's really hard to tell if it works.
I've tested some stuff and made an update to the POB. I removed Diadem from SC Trade version, simplified some stuff and cleaned some items.

Here's the updated POB: https://pobb.in/4izTG7-cbfsK

I'll keep both on first post, in case people want the previous one.
Last edited by gui_orioli on Apr 25, 2023, 7:02:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info