[3.19] Donkster5' LS Champ - Still great! Leaguestart to endgame SC and HC. Updated 8/18

"
PatrickFN wrote:
Hey, i decided to lvl a new char with your build because i found +1 Strike Gloves and i ......................................

Thank for this guide its super nice!

Just add T1-3 Attack Speed on mods, then fire/light/cold added damage and sort by Elemental DPS on the right corner.
"
"
PatrickFN wrote:
Hey, i decided to lvl a new char with your build because i found +1 Strike Gloves and i ......................................

Just add T1-3 Attack Speed on mods, then fire/light/cold added damage and sort by Elemental DPS on the right corner.

okay thank :)
"
PatrickFN wrote:
Spoiler
Hey, i decided to lvl a new char with your build because i found +1 Strike Gloves and i love it so far:)

Im Currently lvl 74 and doing T10 maps with ~3K Life and almost no investment beside a "good" amueltt for 10c and 6l body armor for 15c and my gems are lvl 16-18 xD

I sill have no Source for Power and Frenzy Charges though xD
i don't need them at this stage, maybe i'll go for Bloodrage when i need the Frenzy

Would it be an option to take the 3 Nodes with Berserking for Mapping?
+10 rage, 12% atk speed and 40% slower Rage loss?

Next thing i will invest in is a good claw

The Claw im using atm:

maybe got a trade link for some good ones?

Hey, glad you like it! Ha, yeah that claw is pretty bad. That’ll be a huge upgrade.

Regarding berserk nodes… that would be fine, it will just require building rage using the weapon swap method at the beginning of each map. Make sure anger is in your weapon swap skill bar setup, weapon swap, turn off anger, enter map, cast hydrosphere, chainhook hydrosphere till max rage, turn on anger, weapon swap, and away you go while hitting static strike every few seconds. It’s a bit of a clunky technique but it certainly pays dividends on harder maps.
~Donkster5
What do you think of using buffed inc crit gem instead of ele dmg? I see many raider is using it
"
Tecken1407 wrote:
What do you think of using buffed inc crit gem instead of ele dmg? I see many raider is using it

First, are you talking crit chance or crit damage gem?

For endgame with crit damage, when I tested it in PoB, ele damage was far superior, but there was an argument for switching it with inspiration more so than ele damage. That said, for some individuals Inc Crit damage will be better. Just import your character to PoB and add the gem into the skills. You can enable different gem to see what five support gems are best.
~Donkster5
Last edited by Donkster5 on Jul 29, 2021, 11:36:48 AM
"
Donkster5 wrote:
"
Tecken1407 wrote:

For endgame with crit damage, when I tested it in PoB, ele damage was far superior, but there was an argument for switching it with inspiration more so than ele damage. That said, for some individuals Inc Crit damage will be better. Just import your character to PoB and add the gem into the skills. You can enable different gem to see what five support gems are best.

Ah, i am talking about crit chance ^^
Curently dw 2claws,when do i switch to shield?Also i dont have any ev shield - can i use any i found?
Last edited by Desperation on Jul 29, 2021, 1:27:53 PM
"
Tecken1407 wrote:
"
Donkster5 wrote:
"
Tecken1407 wrote:

Ah, i am talking about crit chance ^^

Then that is because crit chance gem is better for them at their level. Once you have a good enough weapon and crit chance elsewhere, then another gem is better.

I feel like a lot of struggles of learning is realizing that a build is not static, and likewise, gem choices aren’t either. This is especially true regarding scaling endgame damage. Up to a point, which some people never reach, most forms of damage scaling work the same. However, the scale endgame damage you essentially focus on one form of damage scaling. For crit builds, that’s often crit multiplier. However, crit multiplier is only good once your crit chance is high enough. Crit chance is only good enough once your chance to hit is approaching 100%.

So, in the case of the people using crit chance gem, it’s because their crit chance isnt good enough with just their gear, jewels, and tree, and so the gem is the best source of that crit chance. Once they get better gear, they’ll likely turn to another gem that provides more damage output.
~Donkster5
Damn, I wanted to try it out, but not sure if 3mln dps in PoB is worth a try when You need such specific supercrafted influence slammed gear. Any opinions on this build at 3.15 from anyone playing? Im curious. I'm not a big fan of hypercrafted super specific items in builds, and reading gear section with all this fancy stuff gave me a headache.

Edit:

Dont take it as a hate or something, I just wanna get some melee-like and tanky build this league, this one seems juicy but I'm a hate of crafting gear, and when it comes to specific-influenced-items they are usually stupidly expensive... And Im just not a fan of crafting lol.

Edit2:

I went to PoE ninja and asked people playing this build if this one is good, and, well, I know they arent minmaxed and stuff, but "struggle to clear blue t16 and cant do a4 sirus, plus I die a lot" doesnt sound viable lol, especially with 15ex investment. Still, not hating, just straight facts. I will probably give it a try later on, when I will get some currency to start with medium gear instead of building it from a scrap.
Last edited by cr1tical_tomato on Jul 29, 2021, 8:21:22 PM
In general it's going to be tricky to get high damage numbers this patch. Unless you look at one of the more meta builds that stand out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info