[3.19] Donkster5' LS Champ - Still great! Leaguestart to endgame SC and HC. Updated 8/18

On this 2L:
"
CWDT - Steelskin

What level do you have them at or what is recommended ?
I think this is the first time I've reached maps easily on a 4-link :-)
Most time's I've upgraded to 5/6 during late acts sometime, but with this build I never felt the need! Well done on creating the build!

Items if anyone should care... The chest and claw are bought. The rest self-found. I'll upgrade as I get chaos for it :-p
Last edited by Cyzax on Jul 30, 2021, 6:03:12 AM
"
DarkSparrow21 wrote:
On this 2L:
"
CWDT - Steelskin

Hey, since we use Evasion as Defense you normally don't even notice small hits.
So we want to defend against "big" hits so a higher gem level is the preferred choice.

But you have to consider the manacost because since 3.15 the triggered Steelskin will cost Mana...
As example, if you have low mana while attacking it can happen that Steelskin ist not triggered and you wont get a Shield.

Just play around and test different gemlevel until it works for you.
Last edited by PatrickFN on Jul 30, 2021, 7:28:10 AM
Hit maps last night, damage feeling decent so far. My cyclone champion was not faring well in this department, so playing this build is a welcome change :D
"
DarkSparrow21 wrote:
On this 2L:
"
CWDT - Steelskin

I figure adrenaline kicks in when you hit low life so I set CWDT to go off when I lose slightly over half of my health pool.
"
Nizreb915 wrote:
"
DarkSparrow21 wrote:
On this 2L:
"
CWDT - Steelskin

I figure adrenaline kicks in when you hit low life so I set CWDT to go off when I lose slightly over half of my health pool.

Smart man

I did same on my earthshatter fortify champ

Your strength is the law !!

MadG poe on youtube for mellee content
so how is this build in 3.15?
"
eldest-bike4 wrote:
"
DarkSparrow21 wrote:
On this 2L:
"
CWDT - Steelskin

Smart man

I did same on my earthshatter fortify champ

Everybody’s right. It’s totally a feel thing. The mana bit makes it slightly more risky to level it way up. I used to get to lvl 16 cwdt/18steelskin or something like that. Not sure that works anymore. I generally recommend setting it between 1/3 and ~ 1/2 of your life, or as suggested, just over 1/2 of your life.
~Donkster5
"
Cyzax wrote:
Spoiler
I think this is the first time I've reached maps easily on a 4-link :-)
Most time's I've upgraded to 5/6 during late acts sometime, but with this build I never felt the need! Well done on creating the build!

Items if anyone should care... The chest and claw are bought. The rest self-found. I'll upgrade as I get chaos for it :-p

That’s great. thanks for sharing!
~Donkster5
"
Lanceabbott wrote:
so how is this build in 3.15?
It is doing great. Look at the comments. However, it depends on your goals.
~Donkster5

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info