[3.19] Donkster5' LS Champ - Still great! Leaguestart to endgame SC and HC. Updated 8/18

"
Spoiler
Damn, I wanted to try it out, but not sure if 3mln dps in PoB is worth a try when You need such specific supercrafted influence slammed gear. Any opinions on this build at 3.15 from anyone playing? Im curious. I'm not a big fan of hypercrafted super specific items in builds, and reading gear section with all this fancy stuff gave me a headache.

Edit:

Dont take it as a hate or something, I just wanna get some melee-like and tanky build this league, this one seems juicy but I'm a hate of crafting gear, and when it comes to specific-influenced-items they are usually stupidly expensive... And Im just not a fan of crafting lol.

Edit2:

I went to PoE ninja and asked people playing this build if this one is good, and, well, I know they arent minmaxed and stuff, but "struggle to clear blue t16 and cant do a4 sirus, plus I die a lot" doesnt sound viable lol, especially with 15ex investment. Still, not hating, just straight facts. I will probably give it a try later on, when I will get some currency to start with medium gear instead of building it from a scrap.

No offense taken.

Re: gearing - there are alternative ways to achieve the +1 strikes and +1 pierce, hence the ssf-friendliness of the build. It’s just generally best on your gear as opposed to passives/gems. Almost all guides will have some uniques or crafted gear. I guess i’ve played enough to see this as a pretty light to normal amount of gearing and easy enough to craft. For the majority of crafts, i just buy/find the base I want, ie. hunter gloves for a few chaos, and chaos/essence spam them to get the mod i want and hopefully something else half decent. The most hard to get piece on the guide is the blizzard helm, which no longer needs to be crusader as they removed the fortify mod from the list of ones available… I’ll change that in the guide. The blizzard helm is BIS but not necessary.

Yeah, it depends on your goals/skill/playstyle. I try to be really honest in my guides. I’m no paragon of ability in this game and with SSFHC gear (linked in the guide), a 5-link, and a level 91 character, I was farming T15 ultimatums last league. Now, as it was HC i’m careful about deadly (crit dmg, vulnerability, - max resist) map mods, but i still alched them and ran them

~Donkster5
Last edited by Donkster5 on Jul 31, 2021, 8:37:35 AM
Hey, thanks for the build. Having a blast currently moving into red maps. I just seem to get randomly one shotted by the league mobs but I guess most builds are seeing that issue right now.

Question - Have some ex to spend but not sure what to upgrade next. Feels like most upgrades from this point on are fairly expensive so I wanna be careful with them
I am an absolute beginner so I don`t really understand everything in the guide but i try to work my way through and so far the build is a lot of fun :)

But i really don`t get what is the +1 strike you are talking about. I am absolutely confused there.

I thought maybe +1 lightning strike or the thing you have on your helmet but if its the thing on your helmet then it doesn`t count for lightning strike right? Or did i misunderstand how that works.
Like i said i am confused sry :-D
"
Donkster5 wrote:
"
Lanceabbott wrote:
so how is this build in 3.15?
It is doing great. Look at the comments. However, it depends on your goals.

I want to do all content w/o problems xD

Will try this build, thanks!
"
tenchu12 wrote:
I am an absolute beginner so I don`t really understand everything in the guide but i try to work my way through and so far the build is a lot of fun :)

But i really don`t get what is the +1 strike you are talking about. I am absolutely confused there.

I thought maybe +1 lightning strike or the thing you have on your helmet but if its the thing on your helmet then it doesn`t count for lightning strike right? Or did i misunderstand how that works.
Like i said i am confused sry :-D

It is the mod "strike skills target 1 additional enemy" that can be on Hunter-influenced gloves. Until you get that, use Ancestral Call support, or you can get it from the Tribal Fury notable passive.
"
Nizreb915 wrote:

It is the mod "strike skills target 1 additional enemy" that can be on Hunter-influenced gloves. Until you get that, use Ancestral Call support, or you can get it from the Tribal Fury notable passive.

That was really helpful thank you :)
It took me at least 15 min to understand how to get Tribal Fury and what oils and annoint is :-D but now i get it and can hopefully work with it.
Tried this build, survivability is good, but the damage is abysmally low.
It takes minutes to kill map bosses, still on some trash gears thou, hope it will get better
"
UkoCyanide wrote:
It takes minutes to kill map bosses, still on some trash gears thou, hope it will get better

I'm only in yellow maps but I delete bosses pretty quickly. Hitting them with the wave of Conviction helps and especially when you drop a couple of Vaal Lightning Strikes on them,they go away.
"
UkoCyanide wrote:

Took a quick look at the character and had some thoughts/questions:

1. Are you building resonance for trinity? I ask because your claw has only lightning on it. I know you have a blizzard crown, but not sure that’s enough to quickly trigger max resonance. If yes, then…

2. That claw looks nice due to the T1 lightning, but in the absence of any (1) attack speed mod, (2) crit chance, and (3) another elemental damage type it’s not helping you much. AS is number one on that list as it’s a big MORE modifier.

3. For bosses, are you standing in a spot where you see two lightning bolts on the screen… one where you are hitting and one on the boss?

4. Are you running high tier maps? You’re level 76, so if you’re running T16s then it’s missing a bunch of passive dps due to tree and likely have minimal crit chance.

As far as the build goes, the ST damage should only really be an issue for true endgame bosses where those fights can take longer/test your skill in the absence of having an expensive min/maxed character.
~Donkster5
"
Lanceabbott wrote:
"
Donkster5 wrote:
"
Lanceabbott wrote:
so how is this build in 3.15?
It is doing great. Look at the comments. However, it depends on your goals.

I want to do all content w/o problems xD

Will try this build, thanks!

I recommend this build for all content except:

1. Hard Bossing

2. Ele reflect and no leech map mods

3. In general, if playing HC, avoid crit chance/multi and other damage multiplying mods at your discretion.
~Donkster5

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info