'Legacy' items policy, re:patch 0.10.5

This is the way diablo II did it and there was no issue. Eventually there is going to be a league reset and it won't matter anyway.
This ain't World of Warcraft. Chris has said multiple times that he wants the game to be flexible and able to grow, without hurting the progress,items, and characters that people have already made. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
I have been playing since Open Beta, and have had 2 Silverbranch on HC. One went to default with a dying de-sync'd character, and the other I sold. I do not think there should be legacy items, and I believe this is a mistake. Please do not do this.

"
Teto wrote:
Eventually there is going to be a league reset and it won't matter anyway.

I believe the developers said at the start of open beta that there would be no more resets for HC or default.
Last edited by lordroy on Apr 5, 2013, 12:52:58 AM
"
Teto wrote:
This is the way diablo II did it and there was no issue. Eventually there is going to be a league reset and it won't matter anyway.
This ain't World of Warcraft. Chris has said multiple times that he wants the game to be flexible and able to grow, without hurting the progress,items, and characters that people have already made. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

So, if they nerf Koam's down to 500 life. Would you want them to keep old ones? That doesn't seem fair, I just want the game to be fair for everyone across the board. Instead of trying to separate the game and the players.
I don't understand the change in the first place. It's the reason people get that bow. Then later on you have shit like this.

Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
`
Last edited by Aepoch on Jun 21, 2019, 7:59:44 PM
Legacy items, unless they're being buffed, aren't really gonna be good for the game. Though I'm wondering, why nerf silverbranch? Marohi erqi is widely considered a holdover from when GS wasn't as good as it is now.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
I've never had a Silverbranch so I'm biased, but isn't the change 'good' in that it does not allow you anymore to faceroll early content? And GGG just prioratized a more balanced game over a 'Legacy' kind of game. Not sure, but seems that way to me.

Same thing does not apply to Kaom's in that it's very rare, it's endgame and it has some severe restrictions.
I think it adds another tier of harder-to-obtain uniques, which is always good for the item hunt. In Diablo 2 you'd find a Windforce, and you'd be happy. But that wasn't the end of your item hunt because you knew there were .08 Windforces out there to strive for.
IGN: skizzy
Have to agree, really don't want to see Legacy items in this game.
"
skizzy wrote:
I think it adds another tier of harder-to-obtain uniques, which is always good for the item hunt.

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad. This will further the P2W feeling some have where those with money (and thus tabs and thus currency) will have access to superior and impossible to drop gear that the majority never will. It's a terrible precedent that should be seriously reconsidered.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info